RX7600

mlcarson

Limp Gawd
Just purchased a Gigabyte RX7600 OC 8G for a PC that was only using the Ryzen 5600G as a GPU. Why this card? It was inexpensive, the RDNA 3 architecture, low power consumption, and good enough performance for most gaming. I use Linux most of the time so AMD was preferable to Nvidia. I was considering the Intel ARC A770 but it had higher power consumption and was more hit/miss with gaming performance. The 5600G was purchased a couple years ago during the bloated pricing of all video cards so that the system would work without a card.

As a Linux guy, for now, you're safer going this route. But Intel will get better there. The other thing holding Intel back for some (not your case), is the resizable bar requirement. But again, as time goes on, "used" equipment will eventually have this feature.

I've stated this before, but Intel, if they execute well, should obliterate the AMD GPU business. Both integrated and discrete. We're just not there quite yet. Hopefully AMD understands what I just said.

My words for Intel, if you treat Linux like dirt, it could backfire on you.

Back