Rocketfish (Lian Li) Case Wiring

Well I put mines together a couple minutes ago, I liked the quality, just as good as my A05b. The only downside to this was the cable management capabilities. Anyone got any good mods on how to improve this, especially the power cable ewwwwwww.

I'll get pictures when I get my camera :)

I have a quick question on the side mounted fan that hovers over the PCI expansion slots that came with this case.
Do you guys have the fan running so it sucks air out of the case or blowing in?
I have mine so that it is blowing into the PCI slot area, with the stock Lian-Li fan, and my PNY 8800GTS 512mb card at stock clocks of 650mhz is hitting like 71 degrees when playing 3D games like Crysis.
I was wondering if I should switch the orientation of the fan, or swap it out with a Yate Loon 120mm I have laying around, and if so, which orientation should that one go?
It seems like 71 is a tad high for a card with such a massive stock cooler and extra fans helping it out.

is your GTS's fan speed set to 100%? in rivatuner.. see if that helps. But it will be loud lol.

Cooling in this case just isn't very good without modding sprtnbsblplya. With the fan set to blow over your graphics card, you'll just be recirculating the hot air from the rear PCI vents and with the fan set to suck in air from the graphics card, temps aren't affected much unless you have a massive CFM moving fan in place. I like the style of the case but my G80 GTS gets pretty high temps, as do my HDs and CPU in this case. The only solution I have found thus far is to remove the side panel which drops CPU temps by 10c to 39-40c idle which is good, GPU temps by 10c to 70c which is still terrible, and HD temps by 3-5c to 40-47c which is not terrible but not good either.

im thinking of cutting the site panel and mixing it with some metal mesh, this would allow me to mount a fan and also give it some airflow....

ill do it in the next month

Well I put mines together a couple minutes ago, I liked the quality, just as good as my A05b. The only downside to this was the cable management capabilities. Anyone got any good mods on how to improve this, especially the power cable ewwwwwww.

I'll get pictures when I get my camera :)

I actually cut some holes on the motherboard tray to route the cables in the back:

mb tray front
mb tray back

I just replaced the black electric tape on the back of the motherboard tray with some velcro... so it looks cleaner back there. Will take a new picture if needed.

So there is enough room to route all these cables behind the mobo tray if holes are put in it?

I am still really trying to decide whether I want the case or not. I bought it, but actually the depth might be a detriment right now. My current Lian Li clone is only 20" deep and that is without a door. I may not have enough room for the case, much to my disappointment.

I actually cut some holes on the motherboard tray to route the cables in the back:

mb tray front
mb tray back

I just replaced the black electric tape on the back of the motherboard tray with some velcro... so it looks cleaner back there. Will take a new picture if needed.

Good stuff man, what did you use to cut the tray? A dremel?

Also where did you get the black stuff to cover the edges of the holes?

Looks really nice.

So there is enough room to route all these cables behind the mobo tray if holes are put in it?

yup... everything fits back there. it's a tight fit, but it fits.

Good stuff man, what did you use to cut the tray? A dremel?

yup... dremel.

Also where did you get the black stuff to cover the edges of the holes?

go to any auto shop... ask them for door edge molding (the rubber molding that goes along a car door).

Looks really nice.

thanks... here's a picture of the back with the velcro. a little cleaner:

mb tray w/ velcro

My Fish Still working on it..let me know what ya think :eek:

newfish2re2.jpg

newfishot6.jpg

And of course wire work is in progress ;)..

I took the door off cause I sit the computer to my right..having to open the door for me any way would be a pain..but I love the look Of Da-Fish..nice and Handsome..like me :D

i love that this case can potentially be had for 50 bucks .... what a steal .... almost feels like stealing

Back