Road trip, with KIDS!!

jedisme

Limp Gawd
Need some help in keeping the baby entertained during a 13 hour road trip. Have several different options. I could mount a dvd player to the headrest, a tablet as well (I have NO movies downloaded to it), or possibly use a mifi, I have an old Alltel plan with unlimited data my wife does as well. Just want to see what my best possible options are any suggestions?

How old are the kids? If it's a baby she/he would probably have hours of fun playing with the box that all of those gadgets came in...;)

I drove to VA from NY with a 2 and 5 year old last year, it actually went very well.

Lots of little snacks and drinks. Grapes and easy things like that.
I used a DVD player on the headrests as well.
I kept my phone plugged in and had a hotspot going for Netflix and YouTube on their tablets (thank you Verizon unlimited.)
Stop every couple hours for gas, snack, bathroom. When we made a stop I made them both get out and I ran around the building or picnic area with them a few times until they were pooped.
A nice warm blanket to cuddle with, they actually took quite a few short naps.

I just drove really fast with the exhaust opened up. They love it.

How old are the kids? If it's a baby she/he would probably have hours of fun playing with the box that all of those gadgets came in...;)

This +1

If they are older 6-10, have them play "Backseat Bingo". Kids love it.

Otherwise a few audio books for kids. 10+ hours in audio books is pretty easily done.

Back