RIFT becomes free to play on June 12th!

They just restocked codes so redeem it quick!

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up, got mine! Unfortunately former subs don't qualify for 30 day promo, so I had to resub for a month in order to redeem the Storm Legion key

i havent played for a few days or so, kinda lost interest in it
Playin FireFall more then anything right now

Leveling in storm legion makes me want to claw my eyes out :)
55-60 feels so slow

I think i'm going to wait till the 12th to finish the levels since we ("subscribers") get a small exp bonus

I think its all relative to how you do it. I have 4 60's. my 1st was a race and was 60 in 3 days, my 2nd and 3rd i took my time and completed everything around and looked for artifacts, took 2 weeks. My 4th is probably more in line with how long it should take to which was about 9 days and thats just 2-3 hours 4-5 days a week. If you do the questline and the carnages (Probably best exp in game, usually 3-4k exp a mob and 25-35k when completed, easily over or close to 100k each time) as you come across them its pretty fast, toss in some dungeons for gear.fun and it flies.

Bought it ages ago on steam during one of their sales and I have still to install and play it.

I shouldnt of bought it as I am total shit at games like that.

Installing now. Not much of an MMORPG player, but free is free.

This massive influx of new low-level people will make leveling much more interesting.

hmmm so I take it the free key reward thing is over? Was hoping to get a storm legion key for free. Logged in and looked at all the new things. They definitely are doing the free to play model correctly. The rewards "experience" type bar is going to catch a few people big time and they will spend money like crazy

My cleric is at 50 from when the game released.... Went out to the first storm Legion zone and got my ass handed to me. Need to research proper play again

[L]imey;1039972482 said:
My cleric is at 50 from when the game released.... Went out to the first storm Legion zone and got my ass handed to me. Need to research proper play again

I had about the same thing, it just took SO LONG to kill anything.

They were expecting people geared really well from the released content throughout the game (some level 50 only island).

They also changed a huge amount of skills (at least for mages)

once you start doing quests and getting gear thats twice as good as yours it'll be easier. I found a nice guild who just gave me a bunch of green (but better than my epic) lvl 50 items for free.

What server do you guys play on? im on the single PvP one (seastone) as dfi on guardian or shamizoo as defiant.

I played about 2 hours which admittedly isn't a long time but it feels like an unpolished turd compared to Guild Wars 2. I'm not trolling, but I'm not sure I even want to continue playing it.

Anyone know if this is coming back up on Steam? Seems weird to take it off Steam when the whole point was that they didn't have enough customers, so they make it F2P and then take it off the biggest digital download service around?

i got the free game code from raptr before the switch to f2p but i forgot to activate it before the change over, has anyone else used their code after the change?

Anyone know if this is coming back up on Steam? Seems weird to take it off Steam when the whole point was that they didn't have enough customers, so they make it F2P and then take it off the biggest digital download service around?

Don't understand why you would need steam. As most MMO's have their own patcher, Rift does. Even if you 'opened' it up through steam, you would still go through the rift patcher.

Yeah I actually prefer it not on steam, so that it's easier to just load it into ramdisk and run the launcher.

[L]imey;1039974331 said:
Yeah I actually prefer it not on steam, so that it's easier to just load it into ramdisk and run the launcher.

And how exactly is it easier? :confused:

It doesn't need to be in the steam folder. It can execute from anywhere like a small ram disk.

[L]imey;1039976251 said:
I've found that when I drag things out of the steam folder, and attempt to launch them, steam gets picky with file locations.

Why launch it with steam? MMOs like this have their own patcher etc. and are not tied to steam like other games. Take the game out of the steam folder, move it to the ram drive and start the launcher. Its no different then if you downloaded it directly from trion besides the default folder location.

No difference whatsoever, not harder, not easier.

Game is awesome now more people playing it cause it's FTP... I picked up a horse in the gem store and made a new character and merged my old level 46 tank on the same server.
I started over and made a Chlormancer so I can heal and bolt at the same time. I have all my spells macroed on my Logitech G500 mouse.

At least the chat is active in the game once again then at least you have people playing the game again.

I picked it up at launch had a GTS 240 card which sucked now I have a 690 GTX and it's flawless. Get like 78+ FPS on Ultra

One thing I noticed there is a lack of world invasions I think they toned them down at bit because of complaints I only been in two of the in Silverwood so far. One time I couldn't make it to the Colossus boss.

The game is heavily geared towards storm legion. Untill you hit 50 and move to the new continents you wont see many of the invasions anymore. I think they were toned down because they can really slow down the grind to 50.

thats one reason i quit playing, to many world events to often.i think i got to like lvl 22 or some where around there and just got bored with it.

I think the big problem with the zone events is that there aren't enough low lvl players to finish them once you get out of the starting zones until you hit the lvl 60 zones.

So the event would just run for an hour+ getting in the way of lvling. And the few people who tried completing it would fail on the final boss because the party was too small.

Anyone looking into this game should prepare themselves to spend a few weeks / months (depending on how much you play) sprinting to lvl cap or at least 50 before you can actually start enjoying the game IMHO.

I think the big problem with the zone events is that there aren't enough low lvl players to finish them once you get out of the starting zones until you hit the lvl 60 zones.

So the event would just run for an hour+ getting in the way of lvling. And the few people who tried completing it would fail on the final boss because the party was too small.

Anyone looking into this game should prepare themselves to spend a few weeks / months (depending on how much you play) sprinting to lvl cap or at least 50 before you can actually start enjoying the game IMHO.

This killed rift for me three times. It's just plain stupid and I called it way back before launch even. GW2 is turning out the same way. Dynamic events are great for the first few months after that they are crap.

Back