Recommended Torrent Client

sh0rty

[H]ard|Gawd
I have been using utorrent 3.2.2 for over 20 years now and this week I starting to get random errors. It has been crashing regularly since win11, but requires a simple restart so I just kept using it. Anyway, any recommendations from the masses?

https://transmissionbt.com/

Transmission is awesome. I run it as a daemon under FreeBSD and use Transmission Remote GUI from PCs or Tremotesf on Android because the default web interface isn't the greatest (though it has improved a lot). It's incredibly lightweight and stable. You can just install it on whatever platform and run it normally too.
I will have to check that out...thanks to all the replies. I am starting with qbittorrent for now, but for sure checking out transmission.

Those using qbtorrent, did you add your IP in Options>Adv>IP address reported to trackers ?
Also when using VPN do you use your VPN app (connect or disconnect) or use the proxy function within qbtorrent?

Thanks for any insight.

Those using qbtorrent, did you add your IP in Options>Adv>IP address reported to trackers ?
Also when using VPN do you use your VPN app (connect or disconnect) or use the proxy function within qbtorrent?

Thanks for any insight.
nope, i ride bareback ;)
at least until canuckistan enforcing things....

Back