Recommendations - Im old and need a bigger monitor.

deathhorse

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi all,

I have a 19in or 20in basic aoc monitor. I was wondering if someone knew a cheap place to buy new or used monitors. I'm looking for bigger than 24in. I mean i would complain if it was 27in. I was looking online a found a couple of deals but I know nothing about this stuff. I usually only upgrade when my monitor breaks. Couple of years back i had a 22in Asus ips i got from an hardforum member but my crazy 12 year old raged on it so thats e-waste.

Maybe around $100 i am afraid to buy a monitor off of offerup cause some people are super shitty and selling half working or not working stuff.

Wow, your username and your monitor definitely check out:

1588285006089.png

In any case... This place has some sellers who would sell monitors. Otherwise, your local computer store, thrift store, goodwill may have some.

when you have a triple monitor setup at work and dont really tinker after work it makes it easier to not really deal with having a desktop and monitors at home that are nice. But i recently started playing some online games here and there.

My eyes suck and I have found that using a Samsung T24E310ND 24" TV/Monitor has worked amazingly well for me using HDMI input. It's only 1366x768 so you have some extra scrolling to do, but it has great image quality and the low resolution combined with the large screen makes icons and text super easy to read. Gaming at 1366x768 has been fine too and the low resolution means even an old relic video card (see my signature) can still offer decent performance even in newer games (like Doom Eternal and Metro Exodus for me lately). It's not a perfect setup but the large easy to see text is worth the other trade offs to me........just a thought.

My eyes suck and I have found that using a Samsung T24E310ND 24" TV/Monitor has worked amazingly well for me using HDMI input. It's only 1366x768 so you have some extra scrolling to do, but it has great image quality and the low resolution combined with the large screen makes icons and text super easy to read. Gaming at 1366x768 has been fine too and the low resolution means even an old relic video card (see my signature) can still offer decent performance even in newer games (like Doom Eternal and Metro Exodus for me lately). It's not a perfect setup but the large easy to see text is worth the other trade offs to me........just a thought.

I second this. I run a 26inch Hitachi TV which also has a native resolution of 1360x768 and it’s super good for my old eyes.

Back