Re-encoding video HEVC/H.265

Xpdite69

n00b
I know there are some other conversation about re-encoding videos to H.265 to save space but I am having issues getting the sound quality I want. I have been using Handbrake for Windows and maybe it does not have the setting I want. I am looking for 5.1 Dolby which I have seen on some other video's I have but have not been able to duplicate in Handbrake. It seems that I can choose either 5.1 or Dolby \ Dolby Pro Logic II. If I choose Dolby it shows as 2.1 when I am done. I must be doing something wrong. Anyone with experience in this have any suggestions?

Did the original track even come with more than two channels? Or did you make a mistake when making your originakl rip (downmux to stereo, which tends to be more compatible on other devices)

According to Media Info the original is showing as English, 48.0 kHz, 24 Bits, 6 channels, DTS XLL

I know there are some other conversation about re-encoding videos to H.265 to save space but I am having issues getting the sound quality I want. I have been using Handbrake for Windows and maybe it does not have the setting I want. I am looking for 5.1 Dolby which I have seen on some other video's I have but have not been able to duplicate in Handbrake. It seems that I can choose either 5.1 or Dolby \ Dolby Pro Logic II. If I choose Dolby it shows as 2.1 when I am done. I must be doing something wrong. Anyone with experience in this have any suggestions?
i use staxrip and can mux in the original sound, or convert it to dolby digital at like 640kbps(which is fine for comedies or whatever). Switch to that, it's easy.

i use staxrip and can mux in the original sound, or convert it to dolby digital at like 640kbps(which is fine for comedies or whatever). Switch to that, it's easy.
Thanks, I will have a look. I settled on Handbrake partly because it was the most recommended free app and partly because it the batch program to allow you to do a batch of videos

Do Passthru for the Audio so it doesn't recompress it
handbrake-audio-passthrough.jpg

Back