Raspberry Pi Launched, Sold Out In Minutes

Supply, demand. NOT A LIMITED RUN ITEM. MORE TO BE MADE.

Don't be inane.

If you actually gave a fuck about poor kids you would buy one and give it to one of them for free. But nooooooooooo, all you want is to get your greedy hands on one for yourself.

If you actually gave a fuck about poor kids you would buy one and give it to one of them for free. But nooooooooooo, all you want is to get your greedy hands on one for yourself.

Are you just totally ignorant or what? Everyone that is sold puts money in the pocket of the raspberry pi foundation and helps to ensure that the foundation can continue on to the next model etc. Schools will already be purchasing these through bulk order anyway.

There are forums for angry teenagers. Go find one of them please.:eek:

This computer is meant for poor school kids to learn programming on. Every one you buy is one less for them.

Ummm, they won't sell to school until fall or next year these first release are to hobist/devs to make software and tools so kids can use them, effectively its a blinking box right now.

Also, like said, the more of these that are sold, mean the more money the foundation gets to donate these to schools.

I think you should donate your internet device you are using to a needy person if your are truly all high and mighty.

my thoughts exactly lol. I was gonna try and get a couple of these for that very purpose and well a few other things.

Same here. I can't wait to put a FLAC playing ultra low power wifi (through usb) capable carputer in my car. :eek:

Well I'm the US and my order was accepted with a Virginia address and I see the charge on CC, lets hope to no issues!

Why does it not surprise me that this went from a flat we have 10k units, when they are gone they are gone, to 'o now we have distribution so its a giant guessing game who gets what'

Just put my order in as they're selling to those on the mailing list. Got mine from element14/Premier Farnell. Don't know when it'll ship, so i'm going to forget about it and then be surprised once it gets here - lmao :) Now...which flavor of linux is most recommended...Fedora or Debian?

Just put my order in as they're selling to those on the mailing list. Got mine from element14/Premier Farnell. Don't know when it'll ship, so i'm going to forget about it and then be surprised once it gets here - lmao :) Now...which flavor of linux is most recommended...Fedora or Debian?

Speaking of what to run on it, I was planning to run Gentoo, but compile time would be horrible. I know I could cross-compile from AMD64 to ARM, but I wonder if that would produce the same quality optimized code. Anyone familiar with compiling for ARM on AMD64? Such a low power system deserves some Gentoo loving.

Back