Random Box o' Stuff (wannabe Bag Of Crap)

For $10 + shipping, I will box up 3 craps from my office closet and send it to you. Any takers?

Haha random box of stuff V2.0

I wish I could get people to pay me to mail them my old crap that is taking up space.

Random holiday fact: Most companies that do large scale Christmas/holiday decorating either throw away or recycle all of the related materials (fake trees, wreaths, lights, ornaments, bows, etc) rather than take them down and store them for the next year because it is cheaper. ;)

Bah, I almost bit, but the 7 dollars shipping KO'd it for me.

Here is what some one got on slick deals:
1001729mediumkd0.jpg

I just bought 5 of those IDENTICAL aluminum led flashlights from the dirt mall. Mine are grey, black and green anno'd.

Man, bubble wrap just makes it all worth it. I mean thats just hours of fun.

Well, I have to confess, I didn't end up ordering one, I don't need more stuff than I've got, I already have enough trouble putting 7 computers in my 8X9 foot room lol

Okay, here's my 2 cents.

I've had 4 of Woot!'s Bags O' Crap. In every one, you receive a nice usable bag. One was a neoprene bag with a Kensington logo, one was a zip up binder, etc. But Woot! usually put another worthwhile item as well. This past one was a pub glass that keeps Sam Adams (or any other liquid) very cold, which is being proven while I type. So Woot! really spoiled us with actual usable bags and items in 99% of BOC. The bonus is the high dollar items that pop up randomly . I scored a Robosapien in the very first BOC in 2004. Two lucky Wooters received Nintendo Wii's this past one. But Woot! promises nothing but crap, period. It's very straightforward on their website.

So the HomeAndBeyond Mystery Box o' STUFF came up. HnB specified on their website the buying procedures and expectations of what to receive. There were a limited number "prizes" that were available. Each box would have a certain amount of STUFF and it did say that you would get your money's worth. This was in the item description. So I went for it and ordered two. I was thinking two boxes of STUFF was better than one.

The problem I had was one of the major complaints overall. I ordered two boxes but only received one. My one box containing two STUFFs had the same amount of STUFF as someone who ordered one. This idea that you spend $10 and get one box or you spend $30 and get one box containing the same items in the same quantity is the problem. This is strictly quantity.

The other argument people had was regarding quality. Remember, HnB offered STUFF, not crap. And they did say that the customer would "get their money's worth" from the STUFF they received. This is a subjective topic that I don't care too much about.

The idea of HnB offering multiple boxes but sending only one is why I didn't even think of ordering again. It had nothing to do with what I received, only how many.

Dang, this a long post. Maybe it should be considered by 7 cents. BTW, my box did contain some useful items, like an led flashlight and a small screwdriver set. But since I ordered two and only received one, I'm sure you can understand why I'm staying away from HnB.

And if you want to track your package early, this is what I used last time.
http://www.endicia.com/status.cfm?pic=123456789
Just change the number sequence at the end to your order number.

Well my tracking number now shows up in fedex database. I am getting 2.2lbs worth of crap. Its no Wii but lets see what garbage i netted :)

Mine is 3.3Lbs and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. :D Even if its total crap it was still worth it for the buck for charity and the anticipation that you might get something good.

mine is 3.3 lbs and is being delivered right now :D i hope that's a light ass wii!

lol

i just want a tap light honestly

Sweet I just checked and mine was delivered today and left at my front door. Now I just gota wait to get off of work :(

Mines the heaviest so far...heres hoping its somthing good :)

Pieces

Weight
4.6 lbs.

Dec 15, 2006 11:37 AM Delivered
Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.

ike989 said:
The problem I had was one of the major complaints overall. I ordered two boxes but only received one. My one box containing two STUFFs had the same amount of STUFF as someone who ordered one. This idea that you spend $10 and get one box or you spend $30 and get one box containing the same items in the same quantity is the problem. This is strictly quantity.

<snip>

The idea of HnB offering multiple boxes but sending only one is why I didn't even think of ordering again. It had nothing to do with what I received, only how many.

That was exactly the point I was trying make, but nobody wants to listen to the fat guy with the funny name! :D :p

Got mine. It came with the following:

1 Marinara sauce making kit
  • Marinara sauce packet
  • 6 Mason jars w/ lids
  • spaghetti rake (????)
  • Some tool for taking jars out of boiling water

2 Small box wrapped presents:
  • First present contained three (3) No-Name Thin form LED Flashlights runing on 2AAs. The light is not bright.
  • Second contained a Samsonite toiletry bag (sweet, i needed one. gay color, but sweet)

And finally, A Mini-Boom or something, which is portable iPod speakers w/ a dock, but super generic and cheap version looking.

Well worth the $10, and the $7 shipping. My mom paid for it in exchange for the LED flashlights which she's giving my dad as a gift, lol. Apparently she'd just bought one LED flashlight for liek $11

Free marinara kit and toiletry bag and ipod speakers for me!

Mines coming tomorrow and is 4.6 lbs. At least I got one of the heavier box's of stuff.

boc.jpg

I'm guessing this stuff would retail for about ~$40 if sold separately and it was $17.20 shipped...not bad I guess seeing as how I am going to gift most of it for Christmas :)

University Of Miami rug (would be cool if I liked them but meh)
Pamphlet for fixing roofs MSRP $4.95 (will be gifting to my cousin who is buying a house)
Shrek 2 clock (pretty nice and will be gifting)
Mini Screw driver set (not too shabby but don't really need it)
1 pen (twisty kind)

3 wrapped gifts:(will be gifting these)
1 LED Flashlight Set
1 Burgundy Samsonite Bag (aprox. 10"x4" this is actually pretty nice and a brand name too...I may actually keep this for myself)
1 FM Radio (probably pretty crappy but I didn't take it out to look at it)

2.8 lbs Dec 19th

My mom likes grab bags. I was joking around with her after reading the forums and she bit while i was at work.

LOL go figure..

Looks like she's getting led headlight and paper haha

I got about the same as Steve, but a little handheld electronic game thing instead of the flashlight

wtf i got a marinara kit which is cool and all.. but i ACTUALLY GO TO UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI.

Wtf.

just purchased my first box of crap. i dont know my pkg weight or anything.

just bought another one, shipping it to my mom and her family out of town. where does it show the weight? my shipping was $14

Back