Question about 500r build.

amakrida

n00b
Alright so I have the following motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131837 and the Corsair 500r case.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139010

The case came with the motherboard stand-offs ore-installed. There are 9 of them on the case, and the mobo only has 6 holes. So the obvious answer is to just remove the 3 stand-offs that aren't going to be used. The only issue is the top 3 stand offs aren't actually stand-offs. They're just raised little bumps in the case that aren't removable.

My question is if I install the mobo without the the 2 removable stand-offs and the one permanent, will there be any adverse scenarios with that top stand-off still touching the board where there is no hole for it?

I have the 500r and used the standoffs that came with it. Those are just holes that look like standoffs. Use the ones provided and put them in order that corresponds to your motherboard.

I don't fully understand as my stand-offs came already installed and I don't see any holes that aren't used. So those top 3 holes 'look like' stand-offs even tho they say like micro-atx and atx next to them? Did you install the extra stand-offs into them? Won't that make them taller then the rest of the stand-offs.

I must not be explaining myself correctly. If all of the stand-offs are uninstalled there are 3 rows of holes for an atx mobo. The top row of 3 (where my mobo would be installed, using only 2 stand-offs because that's all the holes the mobo has) are permanent stand-offs. Therefore since I only need 2 stand-offs and there are 3 permanent ones then I'll only be using 2 of the 3. So the third will be there still touching the mobo (where there isn't a hole) and can't be helped because its permanent.

Will there be an adverse reaction from that 3rd permanent stand-off sitting on the mobo where there isn't a hole for it?

Since I can't remove it, should I place like a small piece of rubber underneath it? Will that be okay touching the circuitry on the back?

Umm...

Are you sure those raised areas at the top of the motherboard trey are only raised because the surround area is lower than usual? If that's the case, then you need to put the standoffs in the raised areas as well.

Back