QNIX QX2710 worth it?

So im looking to get a decent 2k monitor, something priced well but not crap
http://www.ebay.com/itm/14148115268...campid=5337259887&afepn=5337259887&rmvSB=true

i found the above deal on Slickdeals and was wondering what you guys thought about it. i tried to find some reviews for it on line, but there seems to be several types of this monitor, some with DP connections some with out, some with one kind of panel and so on.
this monitor is right in my price range.

Im just wondering if anyone has any history with this company/ monitor. this way i dont shoot my self in the foot.
also im looking for what the frequency is, can i over clock it. i did try to do research to answer this, but ran into same issue of there being different versions.

Thanks alot for your help, Have a great day.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I own two Qnix 2710's.

They work great. The versions that I have are overclockable, and they both started displaying artifacts around 110hz. So I set them to 96 hz and have been using them for almost 2 years now.

I have one and when i bought it it was a great deal (about a year ago).
But 1440p monitors have come down in price and honestly, today i would rather buy the DELL u2515h.
Same resolution, only 2" smaller and has a much better build quality/design and isn't nearly as prone to backlightbleed or any display artifacts/issues like banding (mine has it even at stock 60Hz).
Unless you want the 96Hz+ (and it is a slow IPS panel without overdrive so you still get tons of smearing), i wouldn't buy it.
And with the DELL you have a proper warranty.

edit: its the TRUE10 version, scratch that immediately. IT IS SHIT
If you want a QNIX and OC get this

It is the single input DVI model and they are the only ones who can overclock without dropping frames. But notice the SE in the name. It means the panel is more likely to have issues like defective pixel or the banding i mentioned.

edit: Found this one. 290$ w/ shipping, only max. of 3 defective pixels instead of 5 with the SE model and DVI only too, so good for OC.
It is glossy 'tho.
There are pixel perfect versions for around 350$ but i wouldn't recommend them at this price.

edit: where are you from? I have a hard time finding the DELL at US retailers and amazon is overpriced with 400$

Last edited:
Im on the east coast, i work for an IT company and should be able to get the monitors at a reasonable price in the future. like i said im just looking at options. I want to get two monitors for somewhere in the range of 500--600. but i use them for gaming and so on,
i currently have a LG 27ea31 that i use and its nice i would just like something better.
current rig is:
CPU: 17-4790k
Ram: 16 gig
GPU: gtx 970

any specific size/resolution requirement and how important are higher refresh rates for you?

I like the 27" monitor i have and would like to keep it in that range. as for resolution im looking to upgrade to the 2560x1440 resolution, i have a 1080 right now. as for refresh rate, the games i play are bf4, tf2, and some otheres here and there. Witcher 3 when it comes out. so in all honesty i would like the 3-6ms Response Time, as for refresh rate 60 htz or higher would be nice.
I believe my current Refresh rate is 60 but ive been noticeing some lag between when i click the mouse and what happens on my screen.

So im looking to get a decent 2k monitor, something priced well but not crap
http://www.ebay.com/itm/14148115268...campid=5337259887&afepn=5337259887&rmvSB=true

i found the above deal on Slickdeals and was wondering what you guys thought about it. i tried to find some reviews for it on line, but there seems to be several types of this monitor, some with DP connections some with out, some with one kind of panel and so on.
this monitor is right in my price range.

Im just wondering if anyone has any history with this company/ monitor. this way i dont shoot my self in the foot.
also im looking for what the frequency is, can i over clock it. i did try to do research to answer this, but ran into same issue of there being different versions.

Thanks alot for your help, Have a great day.

I've owned two of them. One was purchase new and could overclock to 96 hz. It didn't have any dead pixels and didn't have more light bleed than a typical ips. I later sold it for a Samsung 4k monitor that had a dead pixel which I later returned and it was too pricy for the size. So I then bought a used qnix on ebay. It had only one input, and was overclockable to 120hz. It did have some noticeable light bleed on the bottom of the screen, though.

I think it's a good monitor, but at this point, it might be better to get a 4k monitor if you have the hardware.

The QX2710 is no longer worth buying because newer models use 150hz PWM.

Check out the best 27" 1440p monitor list for recommendations/reviews.

Listen to this person, he speaks the truth. I can tell you from personal experience that the PWM on my QNIX just about destroyed my eyes when I was using it as my primary monitor. I had to choose between the terrible PWM or setting it to max brightness, and either one is very painful.

If money isn't too much of an issue, you may want to turn your attention to either the Acer 1440p 120hz monitor that recently became available, or the ASUS model bearing the same specs thats expected down the pipeline (near future). I believe that one is dropping this summer, but we can never be sure with this sort of thing (given what happened with the ROG Swift and all).

Listen to this person, he speaks the truth. I can tell you from personal experience that the PWM on my QNIX just about destroyed my eyes when I was using it as my primary monitor. I had to choose between the terrible PWM or setting it to max brightness, and either one is very painful.

If money isn't too much of an issue, you may want to turn your attention to either the Acer 1440p 120hz monitor that recently became available, or the ASUS model bearing the same specs thats expected down the pipeline (near future). I believe that one is dropping this summer, but we can never be sure with this sort of thing (given what happened with the ROG Swift and all).

Asus MG279Q - June according to their sales reps.

Back