QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll 27" 2560x1440 Matte IPS Display ??

D3DAiM

Limp Gawd
So I've been researching all of the Korean 27" IPS display options....
I see a lot of forum activity surrounding the Achieva Shimian QH270, Catleap Q270, QNIX QX2700, Crossover 27Q displays and MicroCenter's Auria EQ276W
I am quite concerned about the defect-rate for these builds relating to sleep-mode, blinking/flickering, DOA, input lag. I would also like to avoid glossy displays in favor of matte finish.

But it does not seem like there has been any discussion on the (new?) QNIX QX27 & X-STAR DP2710 2560x1440 matte PLS displays.
Has anyone had any experience with either of these two models? Looks like they are using Samsung PLS panels??
And are they HDCP compatible? I plan on passing the display through my home AV receiver.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/27-QNIX-QX2...7930?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item3a7f623dba
http://www.ebay.com/itm/27-X-STAR-D...9043?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item3ccfdbfea3

Thanks! -d3d

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Saw these as well. I'm a little worried because the stand looks a lot like the monoprice stand which people are saying is not removable. If I catch a review of this monitor I'll come back and update this thread.

On a competitor forum some people are RAVING (positively) about the quality of this monitor. I hope hope hope this is HDCP compatible.....

On a competitor forum some people are RAVING (positively) about the quality of this monitor. I hope hope hope this is HDCP compatible.....

A guy on a forum contacted one of the sellers about HDCP compatibility and said it is NOT.

I'm skeptical because it's still only one guy raving about it and he thought it was HDCP and is new to the forum. I'll wait until one of the regulars that knows a lot gets one.

Yeah.. decided I'm going to hold out on the 27" market for another year or two. Just too damn expensive and risky at this point (if you are going the Korean route).

Got two 2" IPS "frameless" LG monitors and a wall mount for the same price of one nice 27". It would have been nice to get all those extra pixels, but oh well...I've managed this long :p
Most my movies are pirated and downsampled any ways..and I don't really do any hi-res image editing.

If I want something for movies, I'd probably just as soon jump on getting an actual TV now haha.

I purchased matte version of this monitor from Ebay yesterday, and will update here how it goes.

It's apparently HDCP compliant, and it's one feature I'll definitely be testing since I do use WMC with cable-labs certified tuners, as well as blu-ray playback. We'll see. It's one of the many risk factors in this possibly great deal.

One very intriguing feature here is the 100+ Hz overclock capability, that few folks have reported. A 2560x1440 PLS panel with 100-120 Hz for under $300 was too good of a deal to pass, even considering all the things that can go wrong.

Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Sounds very interesting, if they OC well then I'm sold. Much cheaper than the IPS Korean ones too.

Back