PSA: New AMD Crimson Drivers could be killing cards

I am willing to bet the OP was orgasming as he read the story and then again when he posted this thread.

Sorry OP no AMD cards were harmed due to this driver issue....

What I find odd is how the only real common factor here is the Samsung display present on these models is the only display out of a plethora of available displays on the market that are failing, yet everyone is blaming Microsoft and Nvidia?!

No other display on the market is exhibiting the same issue? Desktop or laptop? I run the drivers at 4k/80Hz over DP 1.2 without a single issue.

Wouldn’t it make sense to consider an issue with the Samsung's display firmware causing the fault if that's the only one real common theme here and not a single other make/model of display is having an issue under the same OS/drivers?

But but it only happened after installing muh superior nveediah drivers.

It is certainly Samsung's fault. A proper design principal is to always sanitize your inputs and reject invalid, malicious, or damaging commands and data.
While Nvidia/Microsoft may have messed up their drivers it is Samsung's responsibility to ensure their hardware does not operate outside of specification.

My 270X hasn't had any issues and still changes the fan speed with load. I do not use any third party software to control my GPU fans.

But but it only happened after installing muh superior nveediah drivers.

Only under Windows 10, only on one make/model of display?!

So the change is most likely a result of how the monitor is detected/driven, it could be a result of a standard that either MS or Nvidia implemented/changed, but the failure is most likely a fault/oversight in the firmware of one particular Samsung display device - Just by logical deduction!

And rather than contact Samsung for warranty advise on the product they make people are sooking in a public forum at Nvidia demanding compensation?! You've gotta love modern society.

Last edited:
Back