Project: 4 year upgrade

Doubl3KiLL

2[H]4U
Finally it begins! It's been about 4 years since my last upgrade, and I figured, Im going to do thing the way I've always wanted, make everything nice :cool:

We'll start with the PSU, since its the first part to come. The stock sleeving was ugly, so I did some research and found the MDPC-X sleeving, and new it must happen.

(My camera isn't too great, just a Kodak point and shoot, so forgive the pictures)

New arrival!

001.JPG

Nasty stock sleeving, which rock hard rubber holders at either end

002.JPG

Time to dig in....

003.JPG

Not too shabby

004.JPG

On to the others! you can see my sweet cheat sheet in the first pic :p

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

The sleeving begins

008.JPG

I was using a heat gun for the PSU ends, since I couldn't really get a lighter in there, and it was making me a bit paranoid hot hot the PSU was getting so I took precautions!

009.JPG

coming along

010.JPG

ATX finished!

011.JPG

012.JPG

I didn't document most of the wires, seemed repetitive to me, so heres the finished PSU, still need to do a few of the modular cables.

100_1249.JPG

100_1250.JPG

100_1251.JPG

100_1252.JPG

So thats the PSU, The case should be delivered tomorrow (supposed to be here, but he came literally 5 minutes after we left on Christmas eve and had to wait till Monday) and Ill be doing a few modifications to it and getting it coated, so the documentation will continue then!

Wow, that sleeving looks fantastic. After seeing all these MDPC jobs, I will be doing it also, just looks so good! Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Do you know if you can get these kits in other colors? All I can find is black.

Send Nils an email, I'm sure he can accommodate you. Hes super helpful, and I believe Ive seen other people get the kits in different colors.

EDIT: His contact info is on the right side under the contact option from the first page of my link.

Back