Problems installing the latest driver.

Harddriver

Weaksauce
I've recently purchased a 6950 and it works very well. The problem is that, whenever I try to update the drivers, it says that I'm still on version 12.1 under the Information > Software tab on the Catalyst Control Center. It also says that the late update I did was on May the 4th, when I of course have tried to update many times after that date. Here are a couple pictures to give you some reference:

16hq7uf.jpg

2akspl.jpg

I have a 6950 and haven't gotten that issue with the latest driver.

However, the latest driver (12.4) keeps telling me that my HDMI-connected HDTV's audio is unplugged. So, I would have to unplug the HDMI cable and re-plug it back in.

I eventually downgraded the drivers back to 12.3 and going to stick it there for the foreseeable future.

I have a 6950 and haven't gotten that issue with the latest driver.

However, the latest driver (12.4) keeps telling me that my HDMI-connected HDTV's audio is unplugged. So, I would have to unplug the HDMI cable and re-plug it back in.

I eventually downgraded the drivers back to 12.3 and going to stick it there for the foreseeable future.

Does your software screen say 12.3 instead of 12.1? Even when I download the Auto Detect software, it says I have the latest drivers.

Hmm... so my Catalyst version is lower, however, my Driver Packaging Version is higher.... Maybe this does mean I have the newest drivers? If I do, I still think it's silly to not show the proper version.

There is another thread here saying Catalyst is reporting the wrong version number but the correct drivers are installed. Mine says 11.1 but I am running 12.4.

Mine does the same says 12.1 from what I get it shows the version of the previous version of drivers installed.

There is another thread here saying Catalyst is reporting the wrong version number but the correct drivers are installed. Mine says 11.1 but I am running 12.4.
That would make sense! :D

I just did a total wipe of the drivers and all AMD information off of my computer, reinstalled, and now it says I'm running Catalyst Version 11.5! Haha!

How can you tell that you're running the correct version?

EDIT: It seems that although the Catalyst Version is different, the Driver Packaging Version is up-to-date. Although mine does say 11.5 Catalyst now, the Driver Packaging Version is the exact same.

That would make sense! :D

I just did a total wipe of the drivers and all AMD information off of my computer, reinstalled, and now it says I'm running Catalyst Version 11.5! Haha!

How can you tell that you're running the correct version?

EDIT: It seems that although the Catalyst Version is different, the Driver Packaging Version is up-to-date. Although mine does say 11.5 Catalyst now, the Driver Packaging Version is the exact same.

That is what I checked, the package ver. and actual drive ver.

My HDMI audio just shuts off regardless. I reverted to 12.3 and again no issues. Shame though cause 12.4 fixed one old console port basketball game. Before if I ran it with mlaa the players hair would disappear but with 12.4 thats no longer the issue. No biggie though since Im already cranking SSAA out massively in that game anyway.

Back