Problem with Silverstone PS05B headphone board

helloha1

Limp Gawd
I've been having issues with the headphone board on my PS05B case. It functions perfectly fine with a headphone connected to it, but if I connect a USB device to the front panel, I hear a buzzing noise through my headphones. This is resolved if I unplug the USB Device. I set up an RMA with Silverstone and they shipped out a replacement audio board at no cost. However I have the exact same issue. This isn't an occasional problem, It happens whenever I have USB and headphones connected simultaneously. Does anyone have any tips? I wanted to post here before I contact silverstone again because they'd probably just send another replacement headphone board and I doubt that would solve the problem...

Also I see that silverstone now makes a USB 3.0 version of this which seems identical other than having usb 3 headers. If I could convince them send one of those boards out instead of the USB 2 one and use an adapter like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-3-0-Mot...135?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7743e007 (My motherboard doesn't have dedicated USB 3, I'm using a PCIE usb card) could that resolve the issue?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back