Probably few of these threads... Best 400$ "USED" Gaming GPU?

satyr36

Weaksauce
Looking to buy a used card for sons PC... He mainly plays what all kids do.. Fortnite... He has an RTx 2060 now but it gets some lag even with settings on low...

Best 400$ "USED" Gaming GPU?

Honestly my “used” buying experience has consisted of most people either posting for a great price and selling very fast, or the people who have last gen cards and want top dollar. Either because they paid for a new card and want to recoup the ridiculous pricing, or the occasional person who is just out of touch with used pricing and will have a gpu listed for a year and won’t take any offers. They obviously aren’t too motivated to sell and ironically probably end up taking less in the end.

That’s basically the state of things unless you get lucky.

Last edited:
Looking to buy a used card for sons PC... He mainly plays what all kids do.. Fortnite... He has an RTx 2060 now but it gets some lag even with settings on low...

Best 400$ "USED" Gaming GPU?
Check Best-Buy's open box site. Sometimes they post open-box RTX 4070 Windforce, for $430. 4%-10% cashback with retailmenot, to sweeten the price.

New for less than $400, an RX 7700 XT is tough to beat. Although prices on those have spiked up, from a couple of days ago. May have to wait a week or so, for them to go back down to below $400.

Check Best-Buy's open box site. Sometimes they post open-box RTX 4070 Windforce, for $430. 4%-10% cashback with retailmenot, to sweeten the price.

New for less than $400, an RX 7700 XT is tough to beat. Although prices on those have spiked up, from a couple of days ago. May have to wait a week or so, for them to go back down to below $400.
There's a 4070 sitting in my cart right now. $439 + tax and they'll ship to me.

There's a 4070 sitting in my cart right now. $439 + tax and they'll ship to me.
I just bought one for about the same price. After giving used cards a good look including here, I was better off going with a new card. I went with a Gigabyte Windforce 4070 OC. That will hold me over until next gen for what I am doing.

I just bought one for about the same price. After giving used cards a good look including here, I was better off going with a new card. I went with a Gigabyte Windforce 4070 OC. That will hold me over until next gen for what I am doing.
You got a new 4070 for $440?

yeah.. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll take a look on the bestbuy area too... Been on site for 15 years but not 100 posts.. lol
Don’t worry about post count. Many lurkers here. It’s just nice to talk to people that have been in the hobby 15+ years

One more chiming in to say +1 for a 3080 vanilla. I paid $550 shipped + tax for mine second hand last fall and I have no real regrets gaming at 1440p. Aside from a couple cases where you have to turn RT or texture/shadow detail down a notch this card still chews through games.

$350-400 seems to be the going rate. Jump if you can find a FE. 9/10 would recommend.

Thanks again. I'll probably grab one up from the open box best buy option. Although it says none local... and no shipping at this time. I'm sure it changes daily

You can grab a 3080 for that which is awesome. I’m in the same predicament as you . Looking at a 3080 or 7800 xt as the 4070 and above cards are way too expensive

kinda. I mainly forgot about the site until I came looking for a used GPU and couldnt post in the F/S / Trade forum. sooooooooooory for showing back up
I don't think anyone cares much that you were gone for a long time, that you are back (welcome back!), or that you want to buy a gpu from someone on fs/t. But it would be nice if you put a little more time/effort into your posts instead of just saying "yup," "me too!" in various threads. I mean, you weren't that far from 100 anyway.

Kyle didn't put that rule in place to snubb old members, it's there because he would like this forum to have useful information and conversations, and to reward users who participate in that way.

This forum is a great place for knowledge, and not any trolls. There is a Facebook group I belong to and the shit I read / see is insane . People claiming they won the silicon lottery and their 4070 is posting numbers in 4k twice that of a 4090. If looking for a used card I don’t think you’ll be unhappy .

I don't think anyone cares much that you were gone for a long time, that you are back (welcome back!), or that you want to buy a gpu from someone on fs/t. But it would be nice if you put a little more time/effort into your posts instead of just saying "yup," "me too!" in various threads. I mean, you weren't that far from 100 anyway.

Kyle didn't put that rule in place to snubb old members, it's there because he would like this forum to have useful information and conversations, and to reward users who participate in that way.
I suppose.. but members with 50k posts commenting on how long ive been gone or quality of posts doesnt really contribute anything either. Anyway. Thanks. I'll be lurkin around more and more im sure

I suppose.. but members with 50k posts commenting on how long ive been gone or quality of posts doesnt really contribute anything either. Anyway. Thanks. I'll be lurkin around more and more im sure
While agree with both of you guys I also acknowledge that post count doesn’t equate to good content. Many of the high count members have plenty of “yup” “ok” “agree” posts also. Quality of posts have nothing to do with the count most of the time.

But like people have said it’s a rule out on place to deter people from joining just to use or spam the fs forum

hey now, memes are quality content ;)
ike_where_this_thread_is_going-vi.jpg

I ended being able to get it. It was actually brand new. The seal on the box was damaged. The actual video card bag has anti tamper tape on it that had not been removed. I registered the serial also. Pretty good deal if anyone else can grab one.
How did you get one ? I see they are open box but no option to buy it for me

It was hit or miss for me. I had two in the cart on two separate occasions. One I let go. The second BB showed as no longer available while I was working through checkout. Refreshing the search right away showed nothing available for shipping. A little while later, 30-60 minutes maybe, I refreshed the search and was able to see it and complete checkout.

That’s because it’s based on regions at Best Buy when it comes to open box stuff. If it’s not available within 250 miles of you, then it will show unavailable. Some open box items they offer, many they don’t.

Last edited:
That's true for most of their OB listings and I can't get the absolute cheapest listing shipped for this item. What made this 4070 different I don't know but the city UPS scanned it first was 1500 miles away. There are a few OB listings that appear shippable long distances.

Back