[Prime Gaming] [GOG] Quake IV FREE with Prime till 9-14-23

CAD4466HK

2[H]4U
Get a free GOG key for Quake IV with Prime till 9-14-23.

https://gaming.amazon.com/quake4-go...6497?ingress=amzn&ref_=SM_Quake4_S01_D01_CRWN

Developed in 2005 by Raven Software in collaboration with id Software, Quake 4 is a narrative-driven, sci-fi, military-style, first-person shooter and direct sequel to Quake II that also includes arena-style multiplayer modes.
After the successful assassination of the Strogg’s leader, Earth’s military reignited its attack on the hostile aliens’ homeworld of Stroggos. As Marine Corporal Matthew Kane of the elite Rhino Squad, your mission is to spearhead the invasion. But, in this desperate war for humanity’s survival against an unrelenting enemy, you may discover that the only way to defeat them...is to become one of them.

I remember buying this when it came out. But where the CD is beats me. I'm sure it's clunky now but it was a bit of a classic when it released. Makes me miss Quake Wars Enemy Territory.

I remember buying this when it came out. But where the CD is beats me. I'm sure it's clunky now but it was a bit of a classic when it released. Makes me miss Quake Wars Enemy Territory.
I still have my Quake IV shirt that I got from pre-ordering it from Best Buy (in fact I wore it the day b4 yesterday) :)

1000000045.jpg

Wow! I've got the game w/disks and I think I got it up to 1080P.
Yeah I have it on disc and had to hack the shit out of it to make it look decent because of the ultra quality bug, and the game not supporting 16:9 at the time.
This site here is a godsend for tweaking it.
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Quake_4

If you want good visuals, you have to tweak it at ultra settings by using this script.

seta com_machineSpec "3"
seta com_videoRam "1024"
seta r_shadows "1"
seta r_skipSky "0"
seta r_skipBump "0"
seta r_skipSpecular "0"
seta r_skipNewAmbient "0"
seta r_multiSamples "4"
seta image_ignoreHighQuality "0"
seta image_downSize "0"
seta image_downSizeBump "0"
seta image_downSizeSpecular "0"
seta image_useCache "0"
seta image_useCompression "0"
seta image_useNormalCompression "0"
seta image_usePrecompressedTextures "0"
seta image_lodbias "-1"
seta image_anisotropy "16"
seta image_filter "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"
seta g_brassTime "2"

Thanks for the mods. This was always one of my favorite games. I never beat Lt. (or Cpt.) Voss though. I never finished the game. I just kept returning to the parts I liked and replayed them. Is the version on Prime the remastered version?

Thanks for the mods. This was always one of my favorite games. I never beat Lt. (or Cpt.) Voss though. I never finished the game. I just kept returning to the parts I liked and replayed them. Is the version on Prime the remastered version?
It's the newest patched version. You might be thinking of Quake II, they just released a remastered version of that one.

Back