Post your watercooled systems HERE! Pics, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say there is a lot of quality here and it's giving me a lot of good ideas. Great stuff guys, you should be proud. :cool:

It's coming along quite nicely. Since starting this building of my first water cooling system, I've learned some carpentry, all about water cooling, and how to braze! Haha. This is my first baby step. I would eventually like to add a water chiller and then pelts, that is why I'm choosing to set up this system externally. Here are some pics of the progress. I'll add more as I get further along.

watermark.php

Rad in its raw state

watermark.php

Chopped and ready for grinding

watermark.php

Under the Knife

watermark.php

Brazed and ready

watermark.php

Another angle

watermark.php

Squirrel cage fan being prepared for mounting

hmm... that koolance has an unoverclockable mobo...
kind of a waste of watercooling...

I'm just a beginner in the watercooling venture so try not to slander me too much. ;)

This is just pretty much a beginners kit from Evercool - WC-201 kit. I'm the only one with guts enough to try watercooling so I am doing the review. :) Don't mind the hoses that are too long, this kit is scheduled to be migrated to another case soon and I will make hose adjustments then. I have some other mods in mind to aid in air movement to cool the water also. This is just the basic setup which pretty much just functions about as well as a good HSF right now. Anyway, here's the picture:

watercooling.jpg

It looks like a totally revamped antec or antec clone. its kinda cool and unique.

Originally posted by V0ltage
hmm... that koolance has an unoverclockable mobo...
kind of a waste of watercooling...
Not when you have two cats and a dusty apartment. The Koolance has a plastic shroud that keeps dust from falling through the top, and since I normally run one fan at 7v, dust and fur inside in the case is cut down.

I was dusting out my last system every other week. Now I go 6 months between cleanings.

Sorry for the crap webcam pics But thats all I have at the moment.

overclocking partner

46477459.jpg

46477437.jpg

46477481.jpg

Originally posted by Budzman
side02.JPG

Hey Budzman, I've got the same case, and I want to do a 2x120mm heater core along the top. I also have two optical drives, do you think there would be enough room in the top for a radiator that big ?

If I'm not mistaken, SioPao is talking about a dual 120mm heatercore, not a single 120mm heatcore with two fans in push/pull config. If you have a PC-61, I doubt there is enough room for a dual 120mm heatcore such as the Chevette.

Ahhhh I see, well you got about 11 inches of space from the psu to where the 5.25 bays end. Also gotta be careful of the slots for the 5.25 they kinda come in so there is slightly less width there, my radiator wouldn't fit inbetween there.

Whoops, phrased that a little wrong. I meant I wanted to get a double heater core, like here

Edit: Ya, that's what I was referring to.

Definitely not enough room. A BIX would definitely fit and a Dtek Pro-Core might fit. If you use the BIX with only one 120mm fan, it'll only take up one drive bay. Even then, you can put a fan controller in the drive bay that is supposedly taken up (an optical drive won't fit). If you use two 120mm fans in push/pull, it would take up two drive bays.

Ya, based on the dimensions, it seemed like it would fit. But I don't think that included the barbs and room needed for tubbing and all.

Yeah, routing 1/2" ID tubing is a pain in the ass in a mid-tower case.

That's what it seems like, this is my first time trying it. Think a good single 120mm rad will suffice ?

DTek pro-cores don't fit in the top of Lian-Li PC-6x cases without cutting the braces out. The JR-120 core fits rather snugly however.

double-wide rads are a no go, unless there is a double-wide black ice pro out there. My JR-120 with shroud and a 120mm evercool was within half a centimeter of my motherboard...that gives you an idea of how little room there really is in those cases.

You still have plenty of single-fan options though, and if you must have dual-fan....the black ice micro2 (dual 80mm).

cornerlight11.JPG

darkcorner11.JPG

sideopen11.JPG

1800+ at 2124mhz, stock voltages turbo timing more to come. 2*250gb raid,60gb fireball. 640mb Ram, really crappy video card.

whoa whoa.. what's all this about tygon and UV? does it degrade easily? I have tygon and UV's... so skurrred :eek: :(

Picture%20158.jpg

Originally posted by mustang_steve
Here we go, the pics of my Antec P-160. My old Lian-li was retired about a month ago, so I could add a second fan to my radiator since I ran out of space in the Lian-li.

I also got all the cutting to make this fit in under an hour...kinda shows on the slide out 3.5" cage, but I don't have any windows so it's all good.

file.ashx\path=\Catatonic\fullsize\side-open.JPG

mustang_steve, sweet rig. I am doing something similar and have a question about your hoses. From your post, you are using 3/8 ID, 1/2 OD and 1/16 thick tubing. How did you get it to fit over the barbs on your radiator. Assuming your rad barbs are 3/8 inch.

Last question is your tubing Tygon or Clearflex?

TIA for the reply

Originally posted by ShoNuff
mustang_steve, sweet rig. I am doing something similar and have a question about your hoses. From your post, you are using 3/8 ID, 1/2 OD and 1/16 thick tubing. How did you get it to fit over the barbs on your radiator. Assuming your rad barbs are 3/8 inch.

Last question is your tubing Tygon or Clearflex?

TIA for the reply

Thanks.

The tubing is a tight fit on the barbs, just push each side on at a time and it will slowly go on.

The tubing is just PVC due to the experimenting I was doing at the time. I was chaning my layout every other day, so tygon would get costly real quick. Once I get a car to replace my old one, some Tygon will be on its way.

mustang_steve: Just FYI, that 90 degree fitting on the inlet of your pump is going to really kill your flowrate. I would guess your system would be at least a couple degrees C better without it.

I know it's killing the flowrate, but it's either that or a kinked tube. 1/16th wall tubing is insanely kink prone...the tygon in that size is even worse than cheap pvc in how easy it is to kink.

Plus it runs cool enough for my tastes, I got my peace and quiet from it :)

pretty sweet setups... I hope to have mine posted in the next couple weeks or so. :)

here's mine: (out of case for testing and stuff, and also because i gave away my case, but i'm getting my brothers lian-li as soon as he buys a new case)

setup.jpg

block b mounted.jpg

pump and reservoir.jpg

i'll post later when i finalize the setup and all that (you know, get a case, get a radiator, etc)

o yeah:

here's the thread for the [ongoing] construction of the blocks and stuff. yah.
waterblock construction thread/worklog...

Originally posted by Benny Blanco
Check out that custom hdd cooler :rolleyes:

it's more to get some airflow over the computer than cool the hard drive down (although the drive did need it)

why'd it scare you, lukeh182?

If a computer was suicidal and decided to make the jump, that's what I'd picture it would look like. Guts splattered everywhere, nothing holding them together anymore. The towel adds to the scary effect by introducing heat buildup and true flammability into the equation, not to mention zero grounding for any shock/surge that might occur...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back