Poll: Keep the LG L246WP or Get the Westy L2410NM

LG L246WP or Westy L2410NM

• Ditch the LG, she didnt love you anyway!

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Keep the LG, PIP FTW!!1

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EliteFLava

n00b
In possession: One (1) LG L246WP (P-MVA panel) purchased from Compusa online approx 9 days ago. This is an April 2007 manufacture date with the older firmware (v1.440). I have experienced the "buzzing" issue about two times. The screen has developed two (2) stuck pixels in the top right of the screen, they appear white on a black background.I thought they had been taken care of after using a pixel exerciser for 30 min, but have reappeared intermittantly thereafter.

I had planned to ship the monitor to LG and request a newer model (L246WPs after manufacture date of July 07 seem to be less faulty) and with the stuck pixel situation I am quite determined to do so (especially before Compusa goes belly up).

This monitor is to be used mostly for Xbox 360 gaming (HDMI) and PC use within the next few years when I build a new tower. The new tower funds were set back by the new tower monitor :p.

I chose this LCD for these features:
1) little to no reputation for crushing blacks
2) 1:1 pixel mapping for letterboxing 1080P display
3) a VA type panel (viewing angles etc)
4) low input lag (for an LCD, that is)
5) you can never have to many USB ports (esp since they allow daisy chaining of 64 devices)
6) stereo audio out
7) 3 inputs (HDMI, VGA, Component)
8) PIP has to be useful somehow.:p

I rolled on the nearest BB to see what they had setup, and a close second when I was choosing 24"s was the westy L2410NM (MVA panel). With the westy I would be giving up:
1) PIP
2) the "P" in P-MVA :eek:
3) stereo audio out for speakers
4) USB hub
5) the low input lag of the LG
6) its about $150 less than the LG

Would any of you suggest returning the LG for a refund entirely, instead of an exchange?
Or do you have any additional comments about the quality of the westy screen vs this LG.

TYVM in advance.

Both suck dingaling.

I have a samsung 245bw and it's the fastest US model 24inch panel, faster than most 22inch panels except the 2ms 226bw. Even though it is fast-ish, it is about the slowest panel you want to use for gaming. I had a 246wp for a few days and it was way too slow for gaming.

Felt like the equivalent of drinking a 12pack then playing a fps on that thing. The text and picture are also much more blurry on the 246wp than on a TN or IPS panel. Useless monitor.

Seems like the only panel options that don't suck right now are:

20inch 4:3 ips for low budget people
24inch NEC 2490 IP thats like a thousand bucks
A 30 inch IPS panel thats a little more than a thousand bucks

Both suck dingaling.

Felt like the equivalent of drinking a 12pack then playing a fps on that thing. The text and picture are also much more blurry on the 246wp than on a TN or IPS panel. Useless monitor.

your vision and sense of reality must need correcting or everyone else that owns this monitor is blind. I'm guessing its the former.

So everyone is agreed that I should at least exchange the LG for the newer firmware versions?

Would running the pixel exerciser for a longer duration have better results, or are those pixels now permanently more prone to dying?

Back