PNY GTX 980 XLR8 Pro OC Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
The PNY GTX 980 XLR8 Pro OC is on the test bench at HardwareCanucks today. Overall, the HwC crew seemed to really like this card. Here's a quote from the full review:

While the PNY GTX 980 XLR8 Pro OC may have one mouthful of a name, its specifications are reasonably impressive. On-paper core frequencies lie between ASUS’ ultra expensive Matrix Platinum and the less expensive STRIX OC which should put it a good 10% faster than a reference card.

I purchased 2 gtx 470's from best buy with a limited lifetime warranty. It finally died 5 months ago. They will NOT honor their warranty's. I shipped it to them only for them to have put tape on the upc barcode which says warranty void if removed.. the damn thing was never removed. They put 4 little red arrows on it like it was justification. Again.. NEVER BUY PNY.. they are crap. Their tech support is a joke as well. They don't even give them proper cards for testing setup. I found this out as tried to troubleshoot nvidia surround. Turns out that you must use all dvi /hdmi or vga cables or it won't work. They had no idea. I had to find this out after two weeks tech support tag and finally discoverd it on my own on nvidias website. I was kind enough to call PNY and let them know this info. Let this be a warning for you. DO NOT BUY PNY!!! EVER!

I purchased 2 gtx 470's from best buy with a limited lifetime warranty. It finally died 5 months ago. They will NOT honor their warranty's. I shipped it to them only for them to have put tape on the upc barcode which says warranty void if removed.. the damn thing was never removed. They put 4 little red arrows on it like it was justification. Again.. NEVER BUY PNY.. they are crap. Their tech support is a joke as well. They don't even give them proper cards for testing setup. I found this out as tried to troubleshoot nvidia surround. Turns out that you must use all dvi /hdmi or vga cables or it won't work. They had no idea. I had to find this out after two weeks tech support tag and finally discoverd it on my own on nvidias website. I was kind enough to call PNY and let them know this info. Let this be a warning for you. DO NOT BUY PNY!!! EVER!

PNY is the only brand that I've never had a failure (obviously this is all anecdotal) ... btw, I think your 470s are def out of warranty at this point. It's the lifetime of the product, not the lifetime of your card ... that, or since your card died, it's lifetime was up!

Back