PIP function in Dell U3014

jfromeo

n00b
Hello fellows.

I just bought a Dell U3014 and I am trying to understand how the PIP function works.

I own a HD7970GHz GPU with latest Catalyst drivers, and a Samsung TV placed in the living room to watch mkv files. I have Windows 8 Pro x64 running in my PC.

So, I have the Dell U3014 connected to the HD7970GHz through the DVI output, and the Samsung TV through the HDMI one. I have no problems on doing the extended desktop option, cloning desktops, activating only one... etc

But what I would like to do is to show in the PIP window what is currently being sent to the TV through the HDMI output So i can see in my Dell display what I am doing on the other desktop. I cannot duplicate desktops as the resolutions and format ratios vary (2560x1600 16:10 to 1920x1080 16:9), and I see the image deformed in my Dell.

I have read somewhere that the DVI and HDMI outputs shares somehow some video channels (for example, in order to do the Eyefinity setup with 3 displays, I cannot use DVI-DVI-HDMI, or DVI-HDMI-HDMI if applied, I have to forcedly use one DisplayPort output).

So maybe using the DisplayPort output for the Dell and the HDMI one for the Samsung could do the work?

Thanks in advance!

Back