Pentium 233mmx system wanted

I actually have a Packard Bell system from the early to mid 90's that I believe is a Pent 233. I will have to check for sure but it seems it is.
Hmm, man just can't remember to be honest. It was either a 233 or a 133. :p

Dark now, and no lights in my storage unit out back, but I can check tomorrow and make sure it fires up. I think it has a 430mb hard drive and 32mb ram.

Bhahaha, I remember paying almost $300 for the ram!!! I purchased the system brand new. I think it was 95 as it came stock with Win 95 installed. As soon as I got it I reformatted and installed 3.11.:p

Anyhow, if your interested I will go grab it and make sure it still boots. Hell, it still has 3.11 I believe. I might have ended up putting 98 on it. Can't remember for sure........Imagine that hahaha.

Shipping costs will probably be prohibitive. I would check your local Craigslist and maybe make a post.

I think I have something that should work for you unless you need something very specific.

Pictures

I have a Pentium 233MHz MMX w/ Asus TX98-XV motherboard and 1 stick of 32MB PC100 RAM.

ATX motherboard
2 Memory 168-pin DIMM slots
3 PCI slots
2 ISA slots
2 USB ports
Onboard ATI video card of some sort, but you can install a PCI video card.

It came out of an old HP desktop and has an HP splash screen that you can disable. Though the heatsink is large I recommend having something blowing some air across it. The original HP case had a fan shroud over it. I have an I/O backplate for it too. I still have a Creative Soundblaster Live! sound card if you need one.

I used to have a Voodoo 3 2000 PCI on this guy and ran Windows 98 and plenty of old games.

I also have a Pentium 233MHz w/MMX laptop w/ 256MB RAM and I think an 18GB HDD. It's an IBM Thinkpad 390. Let me know if you're interested in it.

Back