Patio PC

Konowl

Limp Gawd
So I have a couple of extra receivers floating around, and want to add sound to my patio without using Zone 2 on my receiver. I also have a billion extra PC's floating around too.

That being said - is there a media player I can hook up to the receiver that is controllable by android? So for instance I could just have a tablet outside and let people play what they wanted. Hooking up a PC is an option but strikes me as overkill.

XBMC has a free remote control app for Android, probably your best bet. There are also other apps that can control WMC, they usually require server software to be installed on the pc though. I use xbmc for a whole house audio system. We have the remote app on our tablets and cellphones. It controls the system over wifi, so it will work as long as you are on the same network. with a little tweaking it also supports WOL which is a bonus.

XBMC has a free remote control app for Android, probably your best bet. There are also other apps that can control WMC, they usually require server software to be installed on the pc though. I use xbmc for a whole house audio system. We have the remote app on our tablets and cellphones. It controls the system over wifi, so it will work as long as you are on the same network. with a little tweaking it also supports WOL which is a bonus.

So maybe find a usb stick that has xbmc on it and connect to audio in?

Back