Patience isn't a virtue - help me snag a 939 board

Captain Kirk

Limp Gawd
So almost all my new box's goodies have arrived. An Athlon X2 4800+ (Toledo), a 2 GB dual channel OCz kit, a BFG 600W PSU, and two BFG 7800 GTX 512mb's for SLi :). I've been wanting to snag the ABIT A8N-SLI Fatal1ty board, but it's been out of stock forever. Heck, I got my GTX's shipped before the board even came back in stock :p.

I've tried to pickup the board at places like CompUSA, and Best Buy. They're all out of stock. CompUSA, and a local Mom 'n' Pop store had two, but they were returned "defective." I've never had a bad ABIT board, but the threads around here have begun to chip away at my patience. Plus the fact that two local retailers had the boards returned defective makes me nervous.

So do I wait patiently and hope the board comes back in-stock, and isn't defective? Or do I go with my second choice, the DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert?

Eagerly awaiting your enlightening advice,

EDIT- The ASUS AN832-SLI Deluxe also looks nice...

I personally would go with the Abit over both of those... but I am somewhat of an Abit !!!!!!. The only motherboard I have ever owned that isnt Abit is the one in my current rig simply because they dont make a good matx board like I needed. The Abit is a nice board, if thats what you really want then dont give up... I am sure you will snag one.

Also, about the retail stores... usually people that buy anything like that at a retail store have absolutly no idea what they are doing. You can support what I just said simply by reading the bold text. Retail = higher prices + tax = go to internet. I can understand in your case but other people just dont know any better.

Tengis said:
Also, about the retail stores... usually people that buy anything like that at a retail store have absolutly no idea what they are doing. You can support what I just said simply by reading the bold text. Retail = higher prices + tax = go to internet. I can understand in your case but other people just dont know any better.
Ya, the whole instant gratification thing has been driving me nuts ;).

zip zoom fly has the an8 sli fatality in stock now for 219.00 if you still interested.i wouldnt mind having the board.with the new bios 19 there pretty good boards.plus
in a windowed case they must look awsome.219.00 is a bunch of money for a motherboard but i could see myself buying one if i had the bug to upgrade and the money to burn...........

Back