P5b vanilla PC Probe II accurate?

00ber_m00

Limp Gawd
I'm running an e6600 on my p5b vanilla and while running dual prime95 PC Probe II (software bundled with the board) shows temps from 55c to 58c. I am not overclocking and I am using a Sythe Ninja Plus.

These temps seem a little high to me. Can anyone verify the accuracy of this program? Thanks.

Get Speedfan, see if it reads the same. If so, MB is reading wrong.. or you really didn't apply thermal compound correctly.

At idle now, PC Probe II reads 43-44, AI Suite (the other bundled software with the board) reads 40-42, and Speedfan reads 29.

Speedfan isn't reading properly because it stays at 29c with dual prime running. It is also reading one of my fans as running at 19,000 RPM.

AI Suite is reading 51c under dual prime and PC Probe II is reading 50-55

Also, a question to other P5b vanilla (not deluxe please) users- what sort of temps are you getting with what program and what hsf? Thanks.

Something else interesting is that when I turn on prime95 my temps jump 10 to 11 degrees in under 2 seconds.

Is that really possible?

hmm, no parts of my ninja that I can touch during operation (I can only reach the fins and can barely get my fingers on the heatpipes at the bottom) are barely warm under heavy load which leads me to believe that I phukd up on my heatsink install so I'm gonna try to reseat it

Back