Original Titan....Keep it?

Kenjiwing

2[H]4U
Does anyone know of a good comparison between the original titan oced vs the new 1080/1070/980 TI bunch? M gfx card is doing okay but im really kind of curious how far behind I am currently.

980 Ti is about 50% faster than the original Titan.

1070 is about 5-10% faster than that.

1080 is about twice as fast, give or take a few percentage points.

Stock to stock comparisons.

Yeah a 1080 is easily over two times faster than the original Titan. I would upgrade to a much more modern cpu before getting a new gpu though.

Yeah a 1080 is easily over two times faster than the original Titan. I would upgrade to a much more modern cpu before getting a new gpu though.

ya I am really curious if I would eve notice a CPU upgrade as my PC is pretty quick

What are you doing with the Titan? If you do a lot of FP64 computing you should keep it as it can still hold its own against non-workstation class cards in that particular area.

If you are gaming on a big monitor then it may be time to upgrade but as others have already stated you might be CPU-bound if you do that first.

What are you doing with the Titan? If you do a lot of FP64 computing you should keep it as it can still hold its own against non-workstation class cards in that particular area.

If you are gaming on a big monitor then it may be time to upgrade but as others have already stated you might be CPU-bound if you do that first.
Definitely agree with this. If you're doing GPGPU stuff then I would keep it. The original Titan is a little slower than a GTX 970 in gaming in stock conditions. You have a pretty monster overclock on yours, though, going by your signature.

As always, it all depends on what you are trying to do with the GPU. Is your current titan limiting you?

Back