Online games besides BF3

xxxkaliboyxxx

Limp Gawd
Just wondering what other online games people are playing besides BF3. As much as I love the game right now, I don't want to get burnt out. I been out of touch for about a year and a half. Not big into MMOs, but people keep on talking about SW:TOR so I might give that a shot. Recommend a online game to a out of touch gamer. Thanks

Last edited:
Dead Island with a friend. TF2. NHL 12 on the PS3. If I had some extra time, I'd play some Starhawk Beta. Play some STO, that should be good in hour bursts. Honestly, it feels more polished than when I first bought the game in 2010.

Besides BF3, DOW 2 Retribution and I attempt to play Space Marine (those that have it will understand :p) But they are more niche games, and so I wouldn't recommend them as a popular choice.

It is probably better if you give some tighter criteria in terms of what you are looking for? Popular relatively recent MP games at the moment can range from BF3 (FPS) to Starcraft 2 (RTS) to SWTOR (MMO). Even just for popular FPS games you have variation from BF3 to TF2 to CS to COD.

Besides BF3, DOW 2 Retribution and I attempt to play Space Marine (those that have it will understand :p) But they are more niche games, and so I wouldn't recommend them as a popular choice.

It is probably better if you give some tighter criteria in terms of what you are looking for? Popular relatively recent MP games at the moment can range from BF3 (FPS) to Starcraft 2 (RTS) to SWTOR (MMO). Even just for popular FPS games you have variation from BF3 to TF2 to CS to COD.

true, thing is I have no idea whats popular online right now. I wish I had more of a criteria, but I don't. Just trying to get a feel for what people are playing. How about FPS? I have BF3 and CS:S. what else is good for online play?

The other big online FPS games at the moment are Team Fortress 2 and Call of Duty.

Team Fortress 2 is actually F2P, since you probably have Steam already due to CS:S there really is no downside to giving that a look.

Though personally I'd consider looking outside your regular genre. But you probably still need a basic idea of where you want to want go.

In terms of MMOs, personally I don't think they are really worth it unless you can see yourself investing a long term commitment to one.

The other big online FPS games at the moment are Team Fortress 2 and Call of Duty.

Team Fortress 2 is actually F2P, since you probably have Steam already due to CS:S there really is no downside to giving that a look.

Though personally I'd consider looking outside your regular genre. But you probably still need a basic idea of where you want to want go.

In terms of MMOs, personally I don't think they are really worth it unless you can see yourself investing a long term commitment to one.

I have no problem looking outside my regular genre of FPS even though I don't think I got to much time to invest in MMOs. I'm more of a causal player

Tribes Ascend is good. It is the only other fps I play besides BF3.

Last edited:
Goldeneye Source

Blacklight: Retribution (still in closed beta)

Firefall

BF2142 as a break from BF3......loading the game and getting on a server is soooo much quicker...:D

Currently playing Tribes:Ascend right now. Pretty awesome, has a retro feel that Tribes 1 had and more open space than Tribes two, but I don't think by much. Trying out the Technician (AKA Engineer) right now

Do a lot of people play Golden Eye Source?

Currently playing Tribes:Ascend right now. Pretty awesome, has a retro feel that Tribes 1 had and more open space than Tribes two, but I don't think by much. Trying out the Technician (AKA Engineer) right now

Do a lot of people play Golden Eye Source?

woah, T2 had huge spaces too...

if Ascend is even bigger, I may have to give it a try!

Goldeneye Source

Blacklight: Retribution (still in closed beta)

Firefall

I hope Retribution is good, I really enjoyed Blacklight: Tango Down but didn't play much since the servers were always empty when I started playing.

LOL (again) for me.

Guess it's saving me money too, no need to upgrade!

Anyone know if Trackmania 2: Canyon has a healthy online base? It looks fun :)!

Don't do it! Unless you live in Germany, they have very high player base. It's a nice game and only 25 bucks, worth a shot if you're into racing games. But man it gets extremely difficult at the Red tier difficulty (second to last difficulty). Some tracks you'll miss the gold by tenths of a second and it's soo frustrating. And you can't unlock the last ten tracks of Red tier or any of the Black tier without getting Gold medal in all races. If you have patience, you'll like this game.

Also, making/editing tracks is very fun. Worth checking into if you face difficulties placing Gold later in the game.

To OP, sometime in the near future TERA Online and Blade and Soul will be coming out, those should be very popular titles in the MMO community. They've already gained a ton of support and people are really eager to play 'em. Their graphics are sweet in my opinion. You don't necessarily have to be a hardcore gamer to enjoy these though, the casual gamer will still like them.

World of Tanks.

Free to play, not the biggest download ever (~4gb maybe?). I played it for a year straight. Then BF3 and SWTOR dropped.

Back