One Plus 12 / One Plus 12R

Story Time With Uncle Flossy
:p
No other smartphone reviewer can give you bonus content like Flossy

I have a 9 Pro current that i bought used on the [H] but the battery life is starting to suck. I'm really tempted with the 12R with 16GB of ram. Still superior in everyway to the 9 Pro and pretty cheap with the guarantied $100 trade in.

Sorry Oneplus is dead to me. OPPO ruined what was great about it the OS and price creep. No Thanks. Now Specs do look good and the 50 watt wireless charging looks cool(heat?) and battery size. I would just miss some of the little touches Google Pixel phones provide honestly.

Last edited:
Was thinking about grabbing one but I remembered what killed my OnePlus 7 pro. The curved screen hitting concrete despite having a case on it. I love the 7 and have beening avoiding OnePlus because since that model they all sucked and while this 12 is absolutely a return to what made OP so great I can't risk it with a curved screen again.
I'm glad they got rid of the glass back though.

Was thinking about grabbing one but I remembered what killed my OnePlus 7 pro. The curved screen hitting concrete despite having a case on it. I love the 7 and have beening avoiding OnePlus because since that model they all sucked and while this 12 is absolutely a return to what made OP so great I can't risk it with a curved screen again.
I'm glad they got rid of the glass back though.
I had the same thing happen to me 😜

I have a 9 Pro current that i bought used on the [H] but the battery life is starting to suck. I'm really tempted with the 12R with 16GB of ram. Still superior in everyway to the 9 Pro and pretty cheap with the guarantied $100 trade in.
I think they gave me 200 in credit plus the 100 extra trade in credit for preorder for 300 in total for my 128Gb 9 non pro. OnePlus since the 11 is getting their grove back and it looks like the 12 is steller, especially for the price cause after my disappointing experience with the 9 i was ready to write them off

I think they gave me 200 in credit plus the 100 extra trade in credit for preorder for 300 in total for my 128Gb 9 non pro. OnePlus since the 11 is getting their grove back and it looks like the 12 is steller, especially for the price cause after my disappointing experience with the 9 i was ready to write them off
Please do post feedback. I am still rocking my Pixel 6 and will probably skip the 9s all together to wait for 10's with new custom SOC

Please do post feedback. I am still rocking my Pixel 6 and will probably skip the 9s all together to wait for 10's with new custom SOC
I totally will. My experience with the 9 wasn't terrible, but extremely disappointing, and with how poorly the reviews on the 10 were, I figured the brand was dead. Although the 9 being water proof was great for when I went to the gulf coast or tipped over in my kayak and I'm going to be mindful that the 12 wouldn't survive that.

In for a 12 myself, haven't purchased a phone new for almost a decade but my LG V60 is starting to show its age battery-wise and there's an ugly green smudge on the screen I have to stare at every time I use it.

Came out to $722 after tax and the -$100 recycling fee and $30 off for signing up for text messages. Probably 4% more off after using rakuten and my credit card, so not bad for under $700 OTD after cashback.

Edit: the last phone I purchased brand new was in 2014... the original OnePlus 1 :ROFLMAO:

oneplusone.png

I'm going to try out the 12R. I was able to get $270 trade-in on my OG Pixel (???) I still had laying around, so $209 after tax!!!

Seems like a lot of phone for not a lot of money. I'm using a Pixel 4a currently, so this should be a good bump in performance. It will be bigger which I've been trying to steer clear of, but all new phones are getting larger.

I'm going to try out the 12R. I was able to get $270 trade-in on my OG Pixel (???) I still had laying around, so $209 after tax!!!

Seems like a lot of phone for not a lot of money. I'm using a Pixel 4a currently, so this should be a good bump in performance. It will be bigger which I've been trying to steer clear of, but all new phones are getting larger.
that's a smoking deal

Curious to know how the OnePlus 12R is working out. From what I've seen, the mediocre cameras are the only big setback; it's otherwise a really strong phone for the money, even without a trade-in.

Loving my 12 so far that replaced my LG V60... the camera and the overall OS speed absolutely smokes my old LG. Only issue I am having right now is also plaguing other phones with the same processor including the utlra 24... some games running off the Unity engine will have random crashes.

Curious to know how the OnePlus 12R is working out. From what I've seen, the mediocre cameras are the only big setback; it's otherwise a really strong phone for the money, even without a trade-in.
I got my 12R last week. My only reservation walking into the upgrade was the size and I'm over it already :LOL:.

I doubt I will get the quoted full trade-in, but I will get something back. Even if I get $150-$200 off that's a deal, and I agree the phone is a good deal even without trade-in.

Setup was very easy. It connected to my Pixel 4a via bluetooth and drug all photos (~12GB), SMS, contacts over in about half an hour.

The screen is snappy, bright, responsive. The UI is close enough to Pixel that it was not difficult to navigate around. I'm even using some of their gestures (screenshot - three finger drag, trace V on lockscreen for flashlight, etc).

The camera is satisfactory for what I use it for. The macro lens is not very good. As most state Pixel has the camera game locked down.

The phone lasted me a few days on charge. I was trying to let it discharge fully but with plugging into Android Auto it was difficult to drain for my use. I ended up putting on YT videos and setting it off to the side to finally kill it over the weekend. Battery is very good.

It is a very thin device; with the slick back, camera bump and curved edges I kept a death-grip on it until I got a Tudia Merge Grip case for it. https://tudiaproducts.com/products/oneplus-12r

I have gravitated toward the Spigen Tough Armor for all my phones, but not currently available for this phone (yet). This is the closest to that form factor, and I will rock it until Spigen is available.

Last edited:
replaced my 9 non pro with the 12 last week. My faith in 1+ has been restored. I'm getting 7 to 8+ hours of screen time between charges if I charge to 100%. I decided I'm going to use their "smart charging" where it only charges to 80% just for battery longevity. The cameras are also a huge improvement from the 9.

It's a great device no doubt!
I use it more than my S24 Ultra and iPhone 15 Pro Max!
$799 for top spec SOC, 16GB RAM, and 512GB UFS 4.0 storage AND top tier QHD+ LTPO AMOLED display is an incredible value.
Biggest con for me is the curved screen.
The radio hardware is top tier as well.
The latest update improved the camera a lot AND added UHD60 HDR10+ Dolby Vision Pro which puts video capture on par with the big boys.
I wish there was a better selection of cases.
To my knowledge, this is the only (current) USA version phone that has an IR blaster. Love being able to turn off the telly with my phone again!

I just picked up a 1+ 12R with 16Gb ram and 256 Gb of storage from Best Buy and it is pretty sweet for $599! Also got a $100 Best Buy gift card. 👍

just another update. no regrets. Excellent screen on time and the camera is far superior. here is a night photo I took in my backyard (in pro mode) a couple of weeks after getting it with no editing. I am planning on taking it out to the mountains soon with a tripod to take some better night sky photos. Oneplus is back!!!

Attachments

• IMG20240302205507.jpg
    IMG20240302205507.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 0
It's a great device no doubt!

To my knowledge, this is the only (current) USA version phone that has an IR blaster. Love being able to turn off the telly with my phone again!
hahaha yeah my 4 year old lost the remote to the roku and within a couple of minutes I was using my phone to control it. definitely and underrated feature

Back