Old System Project

Kankykur7

Weaksauce
This is my first attempt at watercooling and i need some guidance as to how i should put certain things together. Everything I have done so far is here:http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/1337shack/ (please excuse my friend, he made the site and is obsessed with words such as 1337 and 'teh' :p )

Anyways, a few issues have arose in my build so far and i need your help. First, i tried converting the 120mm radiator from 1/2" to 3/8" by using a 1/2" tube between the radiator and a brass threaded piece and attaching clamps onto both ends.( shown at the bottom of my project site) When i tested this, though, it was leaking water from both ends. Is there some better way that i could adapt the radiator to 3/8"? If not, could i use a 80mm radiator with the 3/8" fittings to cool the cpu (1.2 athlon)? The pump also has 1/2" fittings so if there was some better way to adapt it, that would be great. (I bought all these parts from a friend a long time ago when i knew nothing about tube sizes :( )

This is an old system mainly just for testing, so performance/overclocking isnt important. Silence would be nice, but again this is more to get into watercooling.

Back