Offworld Trading Company $17.00 @ GMG

Yakk

Supreme [H]ardness
Like the title :

Offworld Trading Company at GMG :

Special Pricing : $19.99 - 15% Code : 15PERC-WTHGMG-NVMBER = $17.00

Game is still in Early Access, developed by Mohawk Games & Published by StarDock.

Link : http://www.greenmangaming.com/

Yeah, I have it. Ehhhh...not really digging it at all. Don't know anyone else that has it that likes it either. YMMV of course!

This game intrigues me. With green managing gaming....is this like Steam. Or can you simply D/L directly to your HD?

This game intrigues me. With green managing gaming....is this like Steam. Or can you simply D/L directly to your HD?
They sell keys for all of the digital distribution platforms such as origin or steam. It is likely a steam key.

Thanks guys, I bought it for $17.00 & played for about 8 hours. It's different that's for sure. RTS game with no tanks, units to wage battle. It's all about resource strategy. Buy low, sell high. I nice break from my usual games that I play. Still in Beta & has a way to go yet. Overall I like it. Thanks OP for posting this.

Glad you like it. It's definitely not a mainstream game, but I have fun with it. The developers loosely based themselves on the original M.U.L.E. game with land claims and resource management.

Going to see how the game Evolved from here.

How much is this like Sins of a Solar Empire? Much as I am fond of some of Stardock's other offerings... that one not so much.

Never had an issue with GMG ever, ever, ever. Will continue to throw my money at them until something arises but until now, they have been nothing short of great.

GMG is not a grey market key site. I have heard of issues with payment and them running out keys before but they're a legit retailer based in the UK.

Hmmm....Thanks for letting us know about this. I bought the game & didn't have an issue with the Steam install.

Never had an issue with GMG ever, ever, ever. Will continue to throw my money at them until something arises but until now, they have been nothing short of great.
Yea, they have a better history than some of the other resellers, for sure. But it's a roll of the dice. Just wanted to let folks know there was a question out there.
I was under the mistaken assumption that they were a direct publisher of steam keys (like when you buy a physical copy and it has a steam key inside). Apparently they are third party.

Yea, they have a better history than some of the other resellers, for sure. But it's a roll of the dice. Just wanted to let folks know there was a question out there.
I was under the mistaken assumption that they were a direct publisher of steam keys (like when you buy a physical copy and it has a steam key inside). Apparently they are third party.

Not always. The issues they have had delivering Battlefront over the past few days has left them heavily scrutinized. They also had issues with other major releases like Blops 3 and Witcher 3. As a result, they today started showing the source (sorta) for their keys.

On the right side, by the publisher and whatnot, you'll see they list a source. If the publisher is there (such as the case for the game in this thread), that means it will be a first party key supplied directly from the publisher to GMG. In cases like this, there should be no question of the authenticity or origin of the key, and in the case of pre-orders you should get all the same benefits, pre-load, etc. that everyone else gets.

If you see "authorized distributor", such as the case for anything from EA, Ubi, or Activision, that means that GMG is not an authorized reseller of keys, and instead sourced them from another location. According to GMG, their source is first party, thus not grey market. But it still leaves some ambiguity as to the intended region, and can lead to potential problems such as late delivery, no pre-order bonuses, or the potential to get an invalid key (all of which everyone is dealing with in the wake of Battlefront's release).

From this point forward I will continue to use GMG wherever their keys are provided directly by the publisher. Anything where they are not, I will steer clear. Not worth the hassle.

Back