NVIDIA's "A New Dawn" Demo Now Available

Pretty cool to mess around with for a few minutes, the hair tech is cool. crunch's my 680's down into the low 20's or worse at 3600x1920 :D

Will be fun to see that level of character detail in all games at some point, those people might even wear more clothing.

I'm sure some dude worked for hours to make the nipple shape just right.... It's quasi pRon.

Impressive demo but WOW the amount of GPU power this thing uses, my 3 680s on just a single 1080P screen are getting only about 27FPS on average. What are 680 SLI/690 people seeing?

Gonna have to wait until my 670 arrives before checking this out. Two more days and I can see what this is all about.

The leaves look really good, as does the bokeh forest background, but the character model itself is kind of underwhelming IMO, especially for the amount of processing power required.

@heatlesssun I don't think the demo is very optimized for 3 way SLI because I'm getting 28fps average @ 1200p from a pair of overclocked 670s.

The leaves look really good, as does the bokeh forest background, but the character model itself is kind of underwhelming IMO, especially for the amount of processing power required.

@heatlesssun I don't think the demo is very optimized for 3 way SLI because I'm getting 28fps average @ 1200p from a pair of overclocked 670s.

I'm getting around 30-35 at 2560x1440 with a pair of 670's here. I need to try it at lower res to see if it even goes up or if it's locked at 30 fps effectively perhaps?

But yeah, this really pushes the hardware. I've never heard the fans on mine like I do when this is running. :p

Nude mod in 3...2...1...

But yeah, runs pretty meh on my 680. Recommended spec is 670 SLI or a 690. :eek:

Amazing how far we have come with animation, though. You can zoom in and practically see pores.

I know which office has a low female headcount...

But that hair is really impressive. Someone asked why it's not longer. That's because NVIDIA probably wanted GTX 480's and above to render at least 1 FPS. That fairy's head has 40,000 strands of hair.

WOW! It looks absolutely... the same as the old dawn, but with soft shadows.

I wonder if the old trick of renaming the .exe to Quake3.exe works like the original Dawn missing leaves on the body ;)

Impressive demo but WOW the amount of GPU power this thing uses, my 3 680s on just a single 1080P screen are getting only about 27FPS on average. What are 680 SLI/690 people seeing?

Why on earth would you run 3 x 680's on a single 1080p screen for? But if it floats your boat then so be it. I bet that one 1080p screen is going crazy though. Thanks

Why on earth would you run 3 x 680's on a single 1080p screen for? But if it floats your boat then so be it. I bet that one 1080p screen is going crazy though. Thanks

This demo only runs on a single monitor, I'm running 3D Surround on 3 1080P screens.

I got you then. I do know some folks that do it though. I did try it on my backup 470 and it was like 9 fps. Good times indeed. Thanks

25-30 FPS on GTX 690 at 2560x1600.

Turning Ultra mode off bumps it to 35-40 FPS.

My guess is Ultra defaults to off for all cards except SLI 680's and 690's.

3 680's for 1080p is pretty spectacularly odd.

However, there are plenty of games that give the 680 a run for its money at the highest settings possible... So, maybe not?

My guess is Ultra defaults to off for all cards except SLI 680's and 690's.

It was on by default on my single 680.

I dunno what FPS I was getting but I'd guess somewhere in the 15-25 range.

Methinks the programmers need to learn something about female clothing. That bra needs a strap to go around the back. And while those boobs are far too large on her, as large as they are, they need to move; they're not rigid structures! They managed to do her wings right. They managed to get the facial muscles right. So get the boobs right.

Methinks the programmers need to learn something about female clothing. That bra needs a strap to go around the back. And while those boobs are far too large on her, as large as they are, they need to move; they're not rigid structures! They managed to do her wings right. They managed to get the facial muscles right. So get the boobs right.

If the boobs move right, they don't even need to bother moving the wings.

If the boobs move right, they don't even need to bother moving the wings.

Wouldn't it take a lot less collective effort (programmers, texture artists, hardware engineering, drivers, building a system, downloading and installing the program, and so forth) to just...I dunno...go outside to look at boobs if it's that important to a person?

Does it support 4-way SLI? Looking forward to seeing it how my system handles it at 1440p when I get home.

What's VRAM usage like?

It fluctuates (depending on what it's rendering at the time), but I see it hit up to around 500MB

Good skin texture(s), but couldn't they have done weight mapping as you can do with Poser 9/Pro 2012?

Back