NVIDIA Has A Case Of Sour Grapes Over Consoles?

ANYONE ELSE GLAD THAT THE NVIDIA-PHYSYXZ "BUY OUR CARDS OR ELSE NO PARTIKLES FOR U" GIMMICK IS EVEN LESS LIKELY TO BE SHOVED DOWN OUR THROATS NOW.

The problem is that the gap was less wide when the PS3 and 360 was released. This means that the gap will grow much larger (as long as the trend for new GPUs sticks, ie atleast 10-15% increase in performance each generation). This means that by the time the PS5 is released PCs will have a much larger gap than 2.5x performance. This isn't as good for PC owners as nvidia is making it out to be.

Wow some really smarts posts here. I think we should all just get along and agree that this is one serious good time to be alive if you are a gamer. Wait until my 5 year old is 21 WOW.

Both the PS3 and the Xbox One absolutely blew me away with everything I saw. I want both. But I am a gamer. I want a WiiU just for the HDMI port so I can give away my Wii. I have a huge collection of Wii games, mostly adult.

Wait for Intel to release their next "Tock" or "Tic" and I would say by the times the consoles are release I will be proud to be a gamer, but mainly a PC Gamer!

All that means is AMD will get first hands on with the new title to optimize drivers/software for the game. They'll also most likely have suggestions/help with the optimization of the game code itself.

Optimized is good.

Nvidia, after launch, will optimize their drivers accordingly.

I see this as a good thing, since in the past AMD has always lacked with driver update/optimizations after game releases while Nvidia is generally always reliable and consent with quickly updating their stuff.

I see this as a win-win for us, the gamers no matter which side of the fence you are on.

I see this as a lose for Nvidia users. The developers should assist both AMD and Nvidia just as quickly and just as much with ensuring their games run fine on both brands. The whole "retain code/game until after release" resulting in waiting for working drivers weeks or months after a game releases is a horrible trend.

My only hope is that with TressFX AMD and Nvidia reach a deal and sell each other the code (or whatever) for each other's respective technology. This way everyone can max out Physx or TressFX with no "performance penalties". That would be a win win.

I see this as a lose for Nvidia users. The developers should assist both AMD and Nvidia just as quickly and just as much with ensuring their games run fine on both brands. The whole "retain code/game until after release" resulting in waiting for working drivers weeks or months after a game releases is a horrible trend.

My only hope is that with TressFX AMD and Nvidia reach a deal and sell each other the code (or whatever) for each other's respective technology. This way everyone can max out Physx or TressFX with no "performance penalties". That would be a win win.

Certainly agree with that. My 660 SLI and 670 machines take quite a hit but the hair is AMAZING in Tomb Raider 2013. I would think that Nvidia could mach TressFX with Physx or vice versa. Can anybody tell me real quick what all 3 consoles support?????

The problem is that the gap was less wide when the PS3 and 360 was released. This means that the gap will grow much larger (as long as the trend for new GPUs sticks, ie atleast 10-15% increase in performance each generation). This means that by the time the PS5 is released PCs will have a much larger gap than 2.5x performance. This isn't as good for PC owners as nvidia is making it out to be.

I think the similarity in architecture across all 3 platform will have a bigger impact than the performance differences. PC will always be ahead of consoles, there's nothing we can do to bridge the gap.

But with similar architecture, it should be easier than ever to scale the engine accordingly for all 3 platforms.

Wow some really smarts posts here. I think we should all just get along and agree that this is one serious good time to be alive if you are a gamer. Wait until my 5 year old is 21 WOW.

Both the PS3 and the Xbox One absolutely blew me away with everything I saw. I want both. But I am a gamer. I want a WiiU just for the HDMI port so I can give away my Wii. I have a huge collection of Wii games, mostly adult.

Wait for Intel to release their next "Tock" or "Tic" and I would say by the times the consoles are release I will be proud to be a gamer, but mainly a PC Gamer!
Technically yeah. But in terms of games quality, (for me anyway) I feel like the video game industry have seen better times. I watched Gamespot's live stage 1 for a couple of hours yesterday and the only game that impressed me was The Crew. Splinter Cell was boring to me, the guy practically ran around a bunch of guards who look like they are blind or retarded. :p

Most of my excitement for the next gen games is the technical part, better graphics etc. Or simply due to franchise that I've loved such as Final Fantasy. I've yet to see any new gameplay style that makes me say wow that's new, I need to get my hands on it.

PC's are capable of much more than being a graphics upgrade to console games.

1) I don't like the sound of the "optimized for AMD" talks of exclusive visual bling but then again, PhysX :rolleyes:
2) If this somehow means Nvidia will have to buy the game on release date in order to start working on a driver, then that's AMD taking revenge and F that S. Work together instead of doing next to criminal activities.
3) Expected outcome:
- Better console to PC ports in all ways
- UbiSoft continues to complain of difficulties porting games over and being douches
- Many publishers end up impossible to convince to release actual PC versions of their games despite being developed in pure DX11 environments

You reek of fan boy. Nvidia does this as well with other titles. Look at Crysis as an example you don't see the amd logo do you? I am not sure if your troll baiting or have blinders on?

1) If you ever played games that used Physx... you would understand that Physx plays a bigger role in graphics capabilities than none.. ONLY example is Borderlands 2.

Fixed..

ANYONE ELSE GLAD THAT THE NVIDIA-PHYSYXZ "BUY OUR CARDS OR ELSE NO PARTIKLES FOR U" GIMMICK IS EVEN LESS LIKELY TO BE SHOVED DOWN OUR THROATS NOW.

Hope so too

Can anybody tell me real quick what all 3 consoles support?????

Havok

after reading the article, it seems that Mr. Tamasi "sour grapes" comes from the all buzz about the new consoles over shadowing the Titan and other nvidia products. Just by saying the Titan is 2.5 time more powerful than the current consoles is kind of moot. He wouldnt need to point that out to anyone that is a pc gamer. But by pointing it out, its like saying, "well new consoles are great and all, but our gforce card is way better"
the problem with that, unless your a pc gamer, you will never know or care about how powerful the Titan is. He is correct about the improvement for PC games, but AMD will get more buzz about that too. All in all, AMD will get a ton of millage out of this on both ends, nvidia will push forward with the fastest graphics cards and their mobile chips, and the world keeps turning, sour grapes or not

Now on the final day of E3 2013 word has come from Nvidia that it's not sour grapes.

It's an Apple/Microsoft like heroin-disillusion.

They hope the Shield will overtake Xbox/PS4.

Back