NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 364.47 WHQL

nVidia is getting kinda annoying with these driver updates....whatever, if my GTX950, GTX970 and GTX980-Ti run better with these good, but I'm really starting to appreciate AMD's approach to driver releases, rather than nVidia's sporadic approach.

nVidia is getting kinda annoying with these driver updates....whatever, if my GTX950, GTX970 and GTX980-Ti run better with these good, but I'm really starting to appreciate AMD's approach to driver releases, rather than nVidia's sporadic approach.

How so? You don't need to upgrade to every driver.. If you have a driver that works.. Don't upgrade it.. Don't fix what isn't broken.

It'll be interesting to see if Ashes actually gets any performance benefits.

It's not sporadic, it tends to be tied to major title releases and I think that's a good model.

How so? You don't need to upgrade to every driver.. If you have a driver that works.. Don't upgrade it.. Don't fix what isn't broken.

You are right, if we just can get the amount of times nVidia puts out a driver averaged together with the amount of times AMD puts out a driver over a year we would get a reasonable release schedule. I just updated my nVidia drivers this weekend, looks like I'm doing it again.

Since I'm bitching about drivers, why can't AMD get a WQHL driver out? nVidia basically does it on a daily basis.

Since I'm bitching about drivers, why can't AMD get a WQHL driver out? nVidia basically does it on a daily basis.

I know there's a lot of debate around it but I think nVidia is just better at drivers than AMD and it's the reason why I don't consider AMD GPUs these days.

might be best to avoid for now:

Some Users May Be Experiencing Issues w/ Game Ready Driver 364.47 • /r/nvidia

From Release Notes:
Event Viewer error 14 points to nvlddmkm when the system is rebooted.

Performance drop (pause and play) observed when the game is played at 4K resolution with SLI enabled.

Driver installation will fail if GeForce Experience is a selected component and the system is either in safe mode or without a network connection.

NVidia GTX 970 - video_tdr_failure with driver 364.47 (March 3, 2016) • /r/nvidia

Installation issues with GeForce driver version 364.47
We have received reports of some users having issues installing today's Game Ready Driver, version 364.47.
Initial investigation suggests the issue is isolated to multiple-monitor configurations. Should you experience issues, you can either disconnect one monitor during the driver installation (and reconnect once completed) or you can uninstall the driver through Windows Safe-Mode and revert to a previous version.
Our driver team is actively investigating the issue and we will have more information shortly

Cause its a waste of money and means nothing. Only reason I choose is Nvidia is cause of CUDA support.

It takes like 3-4 minutes to install drivers and reboot. If these don't offer any advantages to you, don't upgrade - otherwise I don't understand why you would complain about frequent driver updates.

Really hoping these sort out the inconsistent / broken SLI stuff I've been dealing with in Rise of the Tomb Raider. I tried the "fix" that's floating around, altering the profile, and while that brought up usage on my second card a bit, it didn't really fix it. We'll see.

I just installed these drivers, clean installed after removing old drivers and no SLI options in the NVIDIA control panel....wtf?

I never had any driver issues with my previous AMD cards, switched to nvidia in September and the first few drivers were fine but the last 3-4 driver releases have had issues every time. What is going on with nvidia?

Did the install -- custom / clean install via the regular Nvidia installer since I had to revert some Nvidia Inspector profile changes, no DDU or anything like that. I decided to live dangerously and left my second monitor plugged in, even. No issues. SLI option is there as it should be; re-enabled it and was off to the races.

I'm now getting a solid 70+, often 90+ FPS after initial load-in (there's a few seconds where it's in the 30s, then increases and stabilizes) in Rise of the Tomb Raider with almost all settings to full; turned off film grain, motion blur, and vignette blur since I find them annoying, everything else is maxed, at 3440x1440. Pretty happy with these so far. Seeing good utilization (in the 90s) on both cards.

Installation issues with GeForce driver version 364.47. Might want to skip this WHQL release.

Answer ID 4054 | Published 03/07/2016 09:28 AM | Updated 03/07/2016 04:36 PM
We have received reports of some users having issues installing today's Game Ready Driver, version 364.47.

Initial investigation suggests the issue is related to doing an "Express" installation. We suggest those willing to try this driver use a Custom -> Clean Install installation.

If you experience issues, you can uninstall the driver through Windows Safe-Mode and revert to a previous version.

Our driver team is actively investigating the issue and we will continue to update this article as we learn more.

We suggest those willing to try this driver use a Custom -> Clean Install installation.

i did this and it installed fine. haven't played any games yet but the installation went through fine.

Because why would people still be using old and outdated....poor performing versions of Windows?!??!
Uncalled for and off topic.
fyi, I have no performance problems. The opposite. Good luck with yours :)

Installed it on top of the last driver, no issues thus far. Granted, I'm on a pretty vanilla setup - 1 monitor, 1 card.

Ah, Vulkan support. I wonder if nVidia finally enabled Async Compute in this new driver version. I wonder if we can now try out AotS running in Vulkan.

These installed ok for me and Tomb Raider plays fine.

I havent had a crash due to a memory leak either which has been plaguing me in ROTTR.
Each crash used to show gfx memory use at over 4TB !
With these it stays below 6GB (980ti).
Only other game I've played so far is Van Helsing Final Cut, that is fine also.

Back