NVIDIA GeForce 285.27 Beta Drivers

HardOCP News

[H] News
For those of you that like the excitement and mystery of beta drivers, NVIDIA has released new GeForce 285.27 Beta drivers. The company says:

The new GeForce 285.27 beta drivers are now available to download. Filled with performance improvements, fixes, and new and updated 3D Vision profiles, the drivers are an essential upgrade for those seeking the absolute best from their games. Of most interest will be the aforementioned performance improvements. On the GeForce GTX 580, SLI users can expect to receive frame rate boosts of up to 13% in Metro 2033, 8% in STALKER: Call of Pripyat, 7% in Civilization V, 7% in F1 2010, 5% in Crysis 2 with the DirectX 11 Ultra Upgrade enabled, 5% in Lost Planet 2, and 5% in Mafia 2. Single-GPU users will receive improvements of up to 5% in Call Of Duty: Black Ops, and 5% in StarCraft II.

You can't get blood from a rock. Its time to upgrade man the GTX260 has been rung, you aren't going to get anymore performance. :rolleyes:

But you can get blood WITH a rock... just bludgeon somebody with it and you will get blood. :D

Get a new card and use the 260 for PhysX.

When a new card comes out, they refine the drivers over the next 6-9 month only for the newest card. I doubt this release is any different than the one before for my GTX460.

I know it's a joke, but BC2 is 18 months old and your 260 is like over 2 years old.

Age hasn't stopped them from headlining an improvement to Metro 2033; a single player, linear corridor shooter that provided us with a one-time playthrough of a matter of hours before disappearing from hard drives over a year and a half ago.

BC2 is still the best online shooter out there right now and thousands play nightly.

I'm reading this thread because I tabed BC2 while waiting to join a server. it's not really the best shooter, it kinda get a little boring after 1500 hours :( but hey, we still have TF2 (I have new heavy HAAAAAAT)

Doesn't help my Matrox Millenium play Doom I any faster than my smartphone. Boo!

Age hasn't stopped them from headlining an improvement to Metro 2033; a single player, linear corridor shooter that provided us with a one-time playthrough of a matter of hours before disappearing from hard drives over a year and a half ago.

BC2 is still the best online shooter out there right now and thousands play nightly.

You didn't even play it through at least two times to get the alternate ending? (metro 2033).

I've played through it a few times and still dont' have all the "achievements". It is a good game for what it is.

You didn't even play it through at least two times to get the alternate ending? (metro 2033).

I've played through it a few times and still dont' have all the "achievements". It is a good game for what it is.

I did enjoy it but I wasn't that starved for entertainment or impressed with it enough to go through it several times.

AAANYWAY, more importantly.... I just tested these drivers and they are the best in a long time for BFBC2. The displaced HUD in nVidia Surround is GONE and not only that but you can now change resolution again without the UI becoming un-clickable. I was able to drop down from 6060x1080 to 3840x720 and will test tonight with all options on max, HBAO on and 8xCSAA to see if you can play without any CTD's. It's running at 60fps solidly on a 580GTX SLI rig with that resolution and settings. Hopefully it's low resolution enough to avoid the buffer overflow crashes that plague three screen BC2. I've been playing with all settings on low for far too long and I'm tired of looking at cardboard cut-out trees.

When a new card comes out, they refine the drivers over the next 6-9 month only for the newest card. I doubt this release is any different than the one before for my GTX460.

yeah, that's why I eventually decided to only buy top end GPU. It seems like nVidia (more so than AMD, IMO), ignores the lower stuff to slightly greater degree :(

I just have a Galaxy 480gtx soc until something faster for what I paid for it comes out. At $230, it might be a while.

Yea there were a whopping 6000 peak players online Saturday night according to steam. There were 66,000 playing TF2. I only know because a clanmate was trash talking and I linked the stats to him, and told him to stfu. :D

Yea there were a whopping 6000 peak players online Saturday night according to steam. There were 66,000 playing TF2. I only know because a clanmate was trash talking and I linked the stats to him, and told him to stfu. :D

lol. TF2 is f2p now, though :( It's really changed the game, IMO.

It's not a Steamworks title. The TF2 stats will show you every TF2 player in the world. The BC2 stats will show you the ones that bought it on Steam only.

It's not a Steamworks title. The TF2 stats will show you every TF2 player in the world. The BC2 stats will show you the ones that bought it on Steam only.

true... my copy of BFBC2 was activated on Origin...

5-7% in SC2 is a pretty big deal, especially for us casters. Any speed increase lets us provide a better viewing experience.

Sadly not much mentioned about the ION2 or any improvements. Maybe the HD Audio upgrade will fix some problems with my Nettop machine.

And no mention of improvements for red orchestra 2

Don't be silly! Every possible improvement has already been covered by the 123945 patches in the last few houts. If not, one of the next 3509 coming soon should sort it out. :D

True but I'd venture to say that well over 10% of the copies sold were on Steam.

True but I'd venture to say that well over 10% of the copies sold were on Steam.

you know, curiously, I decided to look at borderlands achievement stats one day. Around 70% of the people who bought it, even bothered playing it.

Unrelated, but I just had to add that in :p

Anybody else get a display driver has stopped responding with these yet?

I was just working in Visual Studio and my main screen went blank (GTX460). A few seconds later it came back with the error.

I checked my 460 temps and they were in the low 30s.. so it shouldn't have been any overheating problems.

Just got another display driver has stopped responding message while I was working in VS.

I re-overclocked my 460 to see if that fixes it. I had been playing a game earlier and then reverted the clocks and voltage back to stock when I exited,, maybe there is a voltage or clocks bug in this driver...

you know, curiously, I decided to look at borderlands achievement stats one day. Around 70% of the people who bought it, even bothered playing it.

Unrelated, but I just had to add that in :p

Quite boring really. Enemies are too far in-between.
I have it and barely put in 3hrs.

Yay for driver has stopped responding about 1 time per hour.. while not even doidn anything but writing code.

Going to bed now.. maybe it will work fine tomorrow after it has been cold booted. I haven't restarted since installing these new beta drivers.

Upgraded tonight. Only played some Dirt 3, The Witcher: EE, both games ran splendid (Dirt 3 on 3 monitors is amazing). No problems at all for me so far.

Just tested BC2. I can confirm that the bug with resolutions + mouse cursors is fixed. Not sure if Surround is fixed yet but didn't have any CTDs in the 20 minutes I hopped onto a server.

Back