Now i need laptop, options and right direction...

Gaming on a laptop is just a bad idea, especially if you're bothered by fan noise. Laptop cooling is so challenged that you're going to have a hair dryer inevitably blowing inside your laptop while gaming. Also you're always going to pay a price premium (a hefty one) to get desktop rivaling performance from a laptop. You're going to pay on average 25% more for an equivalent laptop and chances are the laptop will overheat itself to death in 1-2 years of gaming.

My wife does gaming on a laptop and its a total PITA. You need to be pressure cleaning the ducts constantly (especially if you hold it anywhere but a clean tabletop) and still she burns on average 1 laptop every 1-2 years.

Last edited:
I agree, it was a hard part, this is why i went with just an 860m for video and integrated intel 4600 as well. I basically came to reality that i did not need a high end vid card in the laptop, i got used to the 5770 ATI i had in the desktop i was using.

So far the fan has been silent, but i haven't gamed at all on it at all yet. I think you can game on laptops, just don't expect everything cranked on hi and use SLI cards or something.

I would hate to see what an 880M would do for heat and sound in this laptop!

I have SLI lol and play everything on high.

SLI was tempting but then blew my budget away, and the laptops that have SLI 750M just seem like a bad way to get more power vs a higher end card

After many hours of searching for a bag for this laptop i found one, i hope.

The main problem i had is that i want a sling bag, i do not like back packs for carrying things, i am a sling guy. With that i searched literally every type of sling bag I could find on Amazon, Ebay and even many foreign sites.
Many bags were just under the width requirement to fit this laptop and so i had to pass, or it would be too close.

So this will be my bag! Will let you know how it works out once it Arrives in about 2 weeks. Even if it doesn't fit well for the laptop, i will have a nice bag for our mountain climbs.

Maxpedition Kodiak Gearslinger
http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/KODIAK-GEARSLINGER-p938.htm

0432kf_detail.jpg

Back