Nook Color $200.00 Ebay daily deals

fantome2024

[H]ard|Gawd
found @ slickdeals.net

(Ebay Daily Deal) Barnes & Noble Nook Color Wi-Fi eReader $199 + Free Shipping

Apply Coupon = CBARNESDD

Link

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Damn, very nice. Been wanting to get one for a while now. Might have to grab it.

Geez... been wanting one of these pretty bad of late considering all that you can do with them and the fact that - aside from missing a camera and having 3G capability - they're pretty much full blown Android tablets that can even run Android 3.0 Honeycomb quite well.

Always the good/better/best deals when I'm broke. Amazing how that works... ;)

I bought one just to drop 3.0 on it right away. I have all of my books through Kindle right now... it'll be nice to have a basically open 3.0 device (not tied to a cell company etc. on any level).

Picked one up. I was looking for one of these. Do you just download the Nook app from the market once you root?

You may not be able to install the NOOK app on the device with just rooting; I've read reports from folks over at the XDA-Developers forum that stated it won't work with the stock ROM by rooting, for some reason. That may have changed recently, I can't say for sure, but the NOOKColor subforum over there is located at:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=860

That's pretty much the source for NOOKColor info/hacking/ROMs out there...

You may not be able to install the NOOK app on the device with just rooting; I've read reports from folks over at the XDA-Developers forum that stated it won't work with the stock ROM by rooting, for some reason. That may have changed recently, I can't say for sure, but the NOOKColor subforum over there is located at:

Cool. Thanks. I'll check it out. I'll put a different ROM on it as it's really just the best deal on a Android tablet right now in this price range.

well, most likely it checks what device it is on the app, but you can change that code in the app to get it working on nonrooted device.

I doubt it needs real system access.

I feel like a fish that's having a worm dangled right in front of its face.

Been looking at this or an ipad for awhile now...

I feel like a fish that's having a worm dangled right in front of its face.

Been looking at this or an ipad for awhile now...

mdameron, I'd buy this now. If you don't like it, just sell it off for $200+ship. Someone will bite.

Wow this is an incredible deal. I just started college, if there was a cheap way of getting textbooks in e-book format I'd be all over this. It's just that buying e-book versions of textbooks usually costs half the price of a NEW book, and I can get used textbooks for half the price of that. :(

I bought one just to drop 3.0 on it right away. I have all of my books through Kindle right now... it'll be nice to have a basically open 3.0 device (not tied to a cell company etc. on any level).

Yeah, but 3.0 on the Nook Color isn't particularly fast.

I'm just gonna wait it out for the quad-core tablets running on Android 3.5 or whatever.

I'm thinking these are refurbed...

Looked under warranty link it says "Pre-owned". Also looking under seller's feedback, I see one or two references to the nook they bought and refurb.

I'm looking on my iPhone and can't search well, so it might be stated and I'm not seeing it.
Any verification of this?

I'm thinking these are refurbed...

Looked under warranty link it says "Pre-owned". Also looking under seller's feedback, I see one or two references to the nook they bought and refurb.

I'm looking on my iPhone and can't search well, so it might be stated and I'm not seeing it.
Any verification of this?

That certainly is peculiar, but this is in the description:

Condition:
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable). Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag. See the seller's listing for full details. See all condition definitions

Considering this is a coupon and the regular price without the coupon is the same as a new one in-store, I don't think these are refurbs. Probably smell blood in the water with the ipad 2 release just days away?

And as far as the seller feedback, I'm sure they DO sell refurbed nooks.

bought one also. I just got a eink nook like 2 weeks ago too. Wife is going to murder me!

That certainly is peculiar, but this is in the description:

Considering this is a coupon and the regular price without the coupon is the same as a new one in-store, I don't think these are refurbs. Probably smell blood in the water with the ipad 2 release just days away?

And as far as the seller feedback, I'm sure they DO sell refurbed nooks.

See... I missed that fine print on my iPhone. All good points.
Also I can't click on a link to view what those buyers bought... which could very well be a refurb unit.

Just wanted to give a warning on what I a saw... ;)

The wife really wants 1 of these. Her B-Day isn't until August, so I'll hope for a new version or price drop by then. But the main issue, is I know she won't let me mess with it at all if I buy her one.

ill wait and see what the ipad2 has to offer, but damn am i tempted to pick this up!!!

The wife really wants 1 of these. Her B-Day isn't until August, so I'll hope for a new version or price drop by then. But the main issue, is I know she won't let me mess with it at all if I buy her one.

You should buy one for yourself now so you're up to speed and ready to support her once she gets hers. See, it's all about her really.

UPDATE

I sent them a message asking if it was a refurbished unit:

Thank you for your email inquiry.

The Color Nook in this listing is a brand new Color Nook that ships directly from Barnes and Noble and is not a refurbished unit.

Thank you for your interest in Nook Color.

- barnesandnobleinc

You should buy one for yourself now so you're up to speed and ready to support her once she gets hers. See, it's all about her really.

lol That's what I've done. Had my Nook for about two weeks now. My little sister wants one for her birthday in a couple of weeks so I just got one of these. :D

I LOVE my nook.

However, just want to let you guys know that 3.0 isn't ready for daily driving yet on the nook color. It will be in a few weeks or month probably, but until there is an ASOP 3.0 release it's very much cobbled together.

That being said, rooted 2.1 is flat out fucking awesome.

I LOVE my nook.

However, just want to let you guys know that 3.0 isn't ready for daily driving yet on the nook color. It will be in a few weeks or month probably, but until there is an ASOP 3.0 release it's very much cobbled together.

That being said, rooted 2.1 is flat out fucking awesome.

Is BT working yet?

What things have you done with the Nook so far? Has it replaced your kindle?

BT and flash do not work on 2.1. Flash works on 2.2, which is VERY close to being a daily driver. The ONLY problem that I have with 2.2 is that sometimes the market get's wonky with paid apps. But that rom is literally being updated daily.

I believe BT is still a work in process. They have activated the chip and have paired with it IIRC but I think they are waiting on some driver or something.

As for what I do with it, it goes everywhere I go. It's so much lighter than an iPad or Xoom that I just throw it in my bag and forget about it. It serves as my e-reader, web browser on the go, and entertainment device. I have a 32gb card in there filled with entire seasons of Top Gear and Family guy.

The only downside is that to get hardware acceleration on video, you have to re-encode it to 854x400 or lower, but the GPU does a terrific job scaling and it looks fantastic on the screen (very near HD quality, depending on the bitrate you encode at). I just used it on a 5 day trip to Florida as my sole device on a plane and in the hotel. Worked great for emails, browsing, in-flight wifi (it WORKS with gogo in flight wifi), movies, and music.

I really can't wait until they get a really polished rom out for honeycomb though. It's only a matter of time - the Nook Color has by far the most popular development forum at XDA of any Android tablet and nearly any Android device (generally 200-400 viewing it during peak times).

Tempted really, but I heard there's tax at the end, plus I can CL a Nook Color for 180-200 as is, so I'm kinda indecisive right now :(

Tempted really, but I heard there's tax at the end, plus I can CL a Nook Color for 180-200 as is, so I'm kinda indecisive right now :(

They supply a list of states that get taxed (and the tax rate) under the Shipping tab on eBay.

I also find it tempting but I already have a laptop and Kindle 3, and don't really need portable media device. Still, it'd be fun to play around with.

Back