NO sound coming out HMDI

ugemeistro

Weaksauce
I just installed windows 8 pro and for some unknown reason i'm not getting any sound

my asus h97i plus bios is on hdmi for sound out and the meter on the sound is showing sound but nothing is coming thru except for video only....

I just installed windows 8 pro and for some unknown reason i'm not getting any sound

my asus h97i plus bios is on hdmi for sound out and the meter on the sound is showing sound but nothing is coming thru except for video only....

If you have the ability to, Try knocking out a few easyies first. Swap the cable, swap the monitor, check Asus' website for board drivers for 8.x which should have audio drivers, don't use the windows provided ones. Also please don't be insulted, but check mute status on both the pc and monitor. Also check asus forums/support if there are any known issues with windows 8.

Also is this a fresh install or have you confirmed this motherboard worked previously (ie you were working fine in windows 7 etc), if it is fresh out of the box, there could be hardware issues.

If you have the ability to, Try knocking out a few easyies first. Swap the cable, swap the monitor, check Asus' website for board drivers for 8.x which should have audio drivers, don't use the windows provided ones. Also please don't be insulted, but check mute status on both the pc and monitor. Also check asus forums/support if there are any known issues with windows 8.

Also is this a fresh install or have you confirmed this motherboard worked previously (ie you were working fine in windows 7 etc), if it is fresh out of the box, there could be hardware issues.

the only sound i can get now is through the 3.5mm jack, i've deleted and DL's the newest and previous drivers, tried 3 hdmi cables and tried it thru both the TV, home theater receiver and a 2nd monitor. It was working on Win 10 Enterprise edition, but i decided against it.

Is the HDMI sound set as the default output in the sound control panel ?

Back