No Rest for the Wicked

I like what I am seeing. Looks a lot more interesting than Diablo 4 already. Also looks like the combat is more "souls" like.

Yes! I have longed for a top down souls like arpg. Alaloth was kinda close but narrative and overland map was not executed well imo. THIS looks exactly like what I have been looking for. The combat, world interaction...very much looking forward to this.

Comes out next week on the 18th not much else until like V Rising comes out in May.

"Alice in Wonderland Meets Dark Souls"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmd9lu5AOMA

I'm not seeing nearly as much AiW influence as I'd have liked, but it does seem like a good game.

Quote from near the end of the video: "As far as isometric, kind of action-RPG Souls"ish"-like games, this is by far the best one I've played yet from what I've seen so far, and I'm just expecting it to get better and better."

Mixed on Steam neg reviews are performance related and lack of key binding. Someone said your character moves sluggish.

I checked this out for about an hour and so far it seems to have potential. The graphics looks great. The art style reminds me of the Dishonored series. The controls feel really good with weapons having different weight and momentum. The one thing that I think should be addressed is the healing. You can only heal via consumables. If you find a rest area you won't recover health there, it's only by eating different items you find or meals you cook. I'm looking forward to all the improvements Moon Studio have lined up for this title.

Dang I didn't know this was going to release as an early access title =(

Hopefully it's not one of those that remain in limbo for years on end.

so I'm guessing at least 1 year in Early Access?...I'll play this when version 1.0 hits

Hopefully it's not one of those that remain in limbo for years on end.
And you just never know… which is why I now just avoid those titles, unless it’s a very special case, like BG3 from Larian.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Z1hRvVxDg

Never heard of this streamer Ms5000watts saw her on Steam but the stream was bad quality on there.
Reviews went from Mixed to Mostly Positive in the past few days.

I picked it up before it goes off sale. I'll play it next week on my vacation havet had a full week since January.

Last edited:
20240425103207_1.jpg

This game is awesome I like it way better than whatever Diablo 4 was suppose to be. I'll play it some more next week but not really sure if I want to spoil it.

Last edited:
We wanted to drop one more hotfix with important updates, new torch items, as well as additional performance and visual improvements to make sure all of you have a great time with the game this weekend! We also fixed the rings!

Not to beat a dead Echo Knight Horse but please continue sharing issues or feedback you have with us!

⚔️
Art:

• Improved rim light rendering in the shadows to improve game readability in dark areas. This should help with the “game is too dark” feedback we were getting in some cases.
  • Adjusted rim lighting looks even nicer and allows characters to feel more integrated into the environments!

⚔️
Performance:

• Reduced unnecessary memory allocations for general rendering, fog, and other game systems
  • Optimized shadow rendering for all Visual Effects

⚔️
Quests:

• Changed Potion Seller quest reward from a Medium XP Potion to a Small XP Potion.

⚔️
Loot:

• Increased drop rate of gems

⚔️
Content Additions::

• Added new Torch offhand for purchase at Whittacker’s shop and crafting at the Workbench
    • Torches can be used for more light in dark areas

⚔️
Balance:

• Replaced Risen enemies on Prologue ship with special instances so they won’t be affected by global balance changes
  • Nerfed health on Risen enemies (except Risen Great Axe Raider) on Prologue ship by 40%
  • Rebalancing Cerim Crucible by nerfing enemies in the most deadly room and buffing enemies in weaker rooms
  • Increased timing of lowering platforms in Cerim Crucible so its more challenging and requires player to wait around less
  • Rebalanced Plague Ring
    • Increased Gain Health effect to 1-3%
    • Decreased Lose Focus effect to -7-10%
  • Rebalanced Snake Ring
    • Decreased damage dealt to player to 5%
    • Changed damage type dealt to player and enemy to Physical Damage instead of Plague Damage

⚔️
Enemies and Bosses:

• Improved Risen Bruiser locomotion animations

⚔️
Areas:

• Improved collision, faders and texture in Mariner’s Keep
  • Improved set dressing, collision and faders in Nameless Pass
  • Improved faders in Sacrament
  • Improved set dressing, collision and faders in Cerim Crucible

⚔️
Loot:

• Increased drop rate of gems

⚔️
Audio:

• Improved Falstead Darak intro audio timing

⚔️
Localization:

• Added and updated localized text in many places across multiple languages
  • Added localization support for the attribute insights tooltips, new Quit menu and depositing stacks UI

⚔️
Bug Fixes:

• Fixed Crash on the Main Menu
  • Fixed some transparency rendering artifacts
  • Fixed Plagued Mutant Soldier bounty boss going invisible
  • Fixed Fog of War not creeping back while the game is closed
  • Fixed error spam on the Refinery
  • Fixed Fierce Ring not dealing extra damage
  • Fixed interior backgrounds no longer being black
  • Fixed Bows not having full durability when being purchased at Whittacker's Shop
  • Fixed spot in Black Trench where you can go out of world
  • Fixed spot in Prologue ship interior where you can sidle and get stuck
  • Fixed spot in Echo Knight arena that resets the fight
  • Fixed shadow flickering at Campfire in Black Trench
  • Fixed spot with texture flickering in Black Trench
  • Fixed Chest inside a Chest appear in Orban Glades
  • Fixed UI layout so that coins are evenly spaced

please head on over to our No Rest for the Wicked forum!

I tried this game for a bit and the kb mouse support was pretty bad.. idk. Beautiful looking game and maybe I should have just used my controller for it but felt real alpha so refunded. I’ll maybe circle back to it after a while.

I tried this game for a bit and the kb mouse support was pretty bad.. idk. Beautiful looking game and maybe I should have just used my controller for it but felt real alpha so refunded. I’ll maybe circle back to it after a while.
Yup. Call me when retail v1.0 comes out. Hard disagree with the Moon Games Studio CEO on suggesting that all studios pursue the early access model. I guess it will be good for me because it would save me a lot of money.

https://x.com/thomasmahler/status/1782923630910841207
https://nitter.poast.org/thomasmahler/status/1782923630910841207

1714397528802.png

Best decision you could have made? So he's admitting that after developing the universally-acclaimed Ori series that they're incompetent as game developers since they can no longer make a game without player data and feedback.

https://x.com/thomasmahler/status/1782925468397707675
https://nitter.poast.org/thomasmahler/status/1782925468397707675

1714397647650.png

No, they just need to cut the bloat out so they're not spending $100+ million to bring a video game to market. The video game industry is falling into the same pitfalls that is contributing to the Hollywood crash: too much bureaucracy and unionization, leading to the increased reliance and influence from the outsiders who control the flow of capital and labor.

No Rest for the Wicked could very well be a great game when you're eventually finished with its development, but in its current state it is not a great game going by user reviews and comments.

Yeah but it's better than D4 at half the price Comix's strongest recommendtion here if it was bad I would of refunded it. Nothing bad about the game except for the players who bought it and expect perfection.

Last edited:
Nine women can't make a baby in a month? Psh, who says you have to be a woman to make a baby?

Seriously though this is all quite disappointing. I was really looking forward to this and fully expected it to have all the polish of the Ori titles. I broke my no early access rule when I bought Palworld, I guess I'm part of the problem =[

Back