No bezel monitor!

Enthusiast Extreme

Limp Gawd
Ok I may be going on a rant here but it's almost 2014 and I cannot believe that companies still don't have no bezel monitors...! I know some of them come close( I have Asus MX279H) which I love since it's IPS and almost no bezel(8mm).. Any idea when they will start making them? I know it's possible since some TVs are only at (2mm) and phones don't have them as well (HTC One).

I know there are a couple out there for instance NEC at 8k dollars, I'm not interested. Is the Asus I have the closest no bezel IPS monitor for now? :D

I'm not sure I would want new bezel. I know it would be ideal for triple display gaming. I would be afraid of damaging the screen. With a wider bezel I don't need to worry about something knocking against the edge.

Hopefully very soon, between now and end of Q1 next year.

It depends mainly on the panel manufacturer - namely LG, Samsung, Sharp, etc.

Once they release a panel that does not require mounting brackets with little or no panel frames - then monitor manufacturers can design monitors with little or no bezels.

Oh I see. Yeah I don't know why it's taking them forever to do so. I mean a lot of TVs have it, and phones as well but no monitors!? How hard can it be?

Back