NMOS NAND Gate Circuit

complete cct? w.r.t?
If it is just on NAND gates, all the info is in that (and other) Wiki entries

No offence but this reads like homework, esp with such a vague/empty question.

Assuming it is not homework tho, pop over to http://electro-tech-online.com and ask there

There is an implementation section on that Wiki page you linked. It shows both a MOS or BJT circuit for the NAND gate. Also there is the truth table.

Knowledge about MOSFETs coupled with the truth table and circuit, both from your link, should answer all your questions.

Sounds like you need instructions how to use Google more than anything electronic. I found all your requested inofrmation on my 1st Google page.

Very interesting stuff. You should check it out.

Assuming it is not homework tho, pop over to http://electro-tech-online.com and ask there
They are even less tolerant of homework requests that what appears here...

Are you talking about a CMOS or an NMOS IC? Your link leads to a CMOS IC.

For drawings, you can try TinyCAD. My school uses Active-HDL, but you need a license for that.

As for explanations of how it works, do that yourself.

Nobody is going to do your homework for you, people have provided some help to locate the answers.

So you join the forum, and your only 2 posts are asking for people to do your homework for you? Jesus, you didn't even try to do it on your own, judging by your 2nd post. Step it up and become a real engineering major and do your own homework.

Generally, reading the book and going to class helps.

Step it up and become a real engineering major and do your own homework.

Something tells me that he's not majoring in engineering. If he is, it won't last. :p

A lot of people do "engineering technology", the fake engineering major. People with an "engineering technology" degree aren't real engineers. ITs aren't real engineers.

Something tells me that he's not majoring in engineering. If he is, it won't last. :p

A lot of people do "engineering technology", the fake engineering major. People with an "engineering technology" degree aren't real engineers. ITs aren't real engineers.

Yeah, they aren't real engineers, but then not everyone has the ability or drive to do all the math, physics, etc. required for a true engineering degree. Nothing is wrong with getting an Engineering Technology major and getting a technician-type job. Don't be lazy about it, though ;) .

Let's see....an NMOS NAND gate? Off the top of my head, I'd say make an AND gate and an inverter. That would require three transistors and two resistors. If you have to use ONLY transistors, it'll take six transistors, but then it becomes CMOS again.

Let's see....an NMOS NAND gate? Off the top of my head, I'd say make an AND gate and an inverter. That would require three transistors and two resistors. If you have to use ONLY transistors, it'll take six transistors, but then it becomes CMOS again.

you can make a 2 input pseudo NMOS NAND gate with one resistor and two transistors.... or just 3 transistors

if you go CMOS it will take 4 transistors (two NMOS and two PMOS)

CMOS uses more transistors then psuedo NMOS.. but CMOS is much lower power because (theoretically) there is no static power dissipation... but we all know that there are leakage issues these days

to the OP.. sounds like you're trying to make a psudo NMOS gate... do your own HW

Yeah, they aren't real engineers, but then not everyone has the ability or drive to do all the math, physics, etc. required for a true engineering degree. Nothing is wrong with getting an Engineering Technology major and getting a technician-type job. Don't be lazy about it, though ;) .

And not eveyone wants to do theory or circut design. Some people want to do system design, and the practical stuff. Calling it a fake engineering degree is really quite insulting, considering less than 10 courses are different between the 2 degrees.

And not eveyone wants to do theory or circut design. Some people want to do system design, and the practical stuff. Calling it a fake engineering degree is really quite insulting, considering less than 10 courses are different between the 2 degrees.

Was that directed towards me? I didn't call it a fake engineering degree (it most certainly is an engineering degree!). It just isn't of the same caliber of a regular non "technology" degree.

10 courses is a lot though. That's a full year of school. Not to mention that generally the math courses are a lot easier (at least at my University). Who is to say a normal engineering degree isn't practical? I've used the knowledge from my classes thus far quite a bit. I guess it all depends on the curriculum and the professors.

I'm not dissing Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, or any of those types of degrees. You can't deny that they are easier to obtain, though.

Was that directed towards me? I didn't call it a fake engineering degree (it most certainly is an engineering degree!). It just isn't of the same caliber of a regular non "technology" degree.

10 courses is a lot though. That's a full year of school. Not to mention that generally the math courses are a lot easier (at least at my University). Who is to say a normal engineering degree isn't practical? I've used the knowledge from my classes thus far quite a bit. I guess it all depends on the curriculum and the professors.

I'm not dissing Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, or any of those types of degrees. You can't deny that they are easier to obtain, though.

Sorry wasn't directed at you, I clicked quote on the wrong person. It was directed at R-486.

The only reason, I am persuing my BSET over a BSEE is pure economics. I get over 50 credits twoards the BS for my military experience twoards a BSET, with the BSEE I would have only gotten around 20. 40 of those are at the AA level, so I will be finished with my AA early next year. Basicly I am just taking enough courses to have residency.

For my major, I have to take Calculus III along with Differential Equations. For Engineering Technology, only Calculus I is needed.

Engineering Technology majors are not engineers; they’re considered technologists. Some state boards will not let you become a licensed engineer with an Engineering Technology degree.

Some employers will not even consider hiring those with an Engineering Technology degree.

Back