I'm hoping for a clamshell design, it's my favourite handheld form factor, and I think it'd be a more cost efficient way for Nintendo to keep the price down while bumping the specs up (more room to cram components). Hoping if they did that, they'd eliminate the need for a separate dock by incorporating dock features directly into the Switch 2 (HDMI port, extra USB, etc).

I'd also like to see the 'rail system' be included in the Switch 2 - it's a good idea, makes replacing the more 'breakable' parts of the console easy to replace, and, imo, the feature was a bit underutilized with the Switch and I hope they expand upon it with the Switch 2.

I never used a OLED Switch, so I'm speaking on ignorance here, but I'd be okay if they went with LCD for the next console as a cost saving measure. They can always bring the OLED back in a later revision, and I'd rather most of the budget was put into boosting the system power.

Not going to hold my breath for this: but a user replaceable SSD option (m2 2230) would be awesome.

Maybe i'm too old, i definitely get the use case for kids. But just make a home console again, if you want in the mobile space team up with apple or something.

When i travel i have my iPhone and MacBook on me, both are required, and both can play games. Why do i want to carry a 3rd device. My switch hasn't left the dock in years.

Ok e time like 24 years ago at Walmart Nintendo 64 was the system to have. We were unloading a truck in the backroom. Two customers walked back there kids while unloading. The had a Walmart flyer that had Zelda 64 on it they said to us. Do you have this F$#@!n game? I guess they were looking for the all gold copy. The thing is the last big line we had for a game was COD Blood 2 after that game released no more lines since digital took over.

I am old enough to remember not just lines for Zelda, but actual chip shortages for Zelda II. I found it at a local video store by chance. Terrible game, however.

But my favorite memory is Zelda III A Link to the Past for SNES in 1991. I was on a waitlist at a local game store that specialized in board games and D&D type stuff. I’m like 11 years old, and I’ve been waiting for the game to drop for like probably two years at that point if not longer. I get the call, “we have Zelda, but we can only hold it for an hour!” My parents are not home. I had to call my mom on her “carphone” to come get me and get it. My friend who was over thinks I am nuts over the panic. I get the game, and it is instantly the greatest of all time.

When Ocarina launched, I had a car by then, but i don’t recall how I got my gold cartridge. Maybe Best Buy or Gamestop.

This time, Tears sold 18 million copies, but I had the game by 11 pm preloaded. I prefer this way!

I am old enough to remember not just lines for Zelda, but actual chip shortages for Zelda II. I found it at a local video store by chance. Terrible game, however.

But my favorite memory is Zelda III A Link to the Past for SNES in 1991. I was on a waitlist at a local game store that specialized in board games and D&D type stuff. I’m like 11 years old, and I’ve been waiting for the game to drop for like probably two years at that point if not longer. I get the call, “we have Zelda, but we can only hold it for an hour!” My parents are not home. I had to call my mom on her “carphone” to come get me and get it. My friend who was over thinks I am nuts over the panic. I get the game, and it is instantly the greatest of all time.

When Ocarina launched, I had a car by then, but i don’t recall how I got my gold cartridge. Maybe Best Buy or Gamestop.

This time, Tears sold 18 million copies, but I had the game by 11 pm preloaded. I prefer this way!

Yeah Zelda 2 played like Rambo for NES side scroller I think they just wanted to experiment.
As a Kid we went to a VHS store to rent Rambo my friend couldn't stop laughing at the game it was so dumb.

Screenshot_20230817-064933.png

Shovelware Investment

Yeah Zelda 2 played like Rambo for NES side scroller I think they just wanted to experiment.
As a Kid we went to a VHS store to rent Rambo my friend couldn't stop laughing at the game it was so dumb.
What about the Goonies game or Friday the 13th the game! Insane.

Has anyone transferred and SD card to a new Switch? I got a good deal on a new OLED and am trying to move all my games on my SD card over to the new Switch. Of course you can't just swap them out and Nintendo locks them down to one Switch. So following their directions doesn't work for me. After I've formatted it on the new Switch and it works fine (just empty), and I copy over all the files from my PC to the newly formatted SD card, the new Switch just doesn't see any of the installed games on the SD card. It does see the the appropriate amount of used storage on it though in the data management settings though, just nothing in the "manage software" or in the main apps page. I don't have the best internet and would rather avoid spending a full day redownloading my library of 100+ GBs of games again.

Has anyone transferred and SD card to a new Switch? I got a good deal on a new OLED and am trying to move all my games on my SD card over to the new Switch. Of course you can't just swap them out and Nintendo locks them down to one Switch. So following their directions doesn't work for me. After I've formatted it on the new Switch and it works fine (just empty), and I copy over all the files from my PC to the newly formatted SD card, the new Switch just doesn't see any of the installed games on the SD card. It does see the the appropriate amount of used storage on it though in the data management settings though, just nothing in the "manage software" or in the main apps page. I don't have the best internet and would rather avoid spending a full day redownloading my library of 100+ GBs of games again.
I don’t think you can do that. I think you need to follow their migration process.

I transferred everything over from my launch switch to an OLED switch and, I'll be honest, kind of a pain.

If you don't have switch online, get it first, the cloud saves make it WAY easier.

Then some game saves, Smash Bros, Pokemon Titles etc. Won't transfer automatically and require you to do it manually. Animal crossing requires downloading an entire second program. There's another step to make your new switch your "primary" switch, so it won't check the Internet to play downloaded games every single time.

Took me a large part of a day, and I had to redownload a ton of stuff.

I transferred everything over from my launch switch to an OLED switch and, I'll be honest, kind of a pain.

If you don't have switch online, get it first, the cloud saves make it WAY easier.

Then some game saves, Smash Bros, Pokemon Titles etc. Won't transfer automatically and require you to do it manually. Animal crossing requires downloading an entire second program. There's another step to make your new switch your "primary" switch, so it won't check the Internet to play downloaded games every single time.

Took me a large part of a day, and I had to redownload a ton of stuff.
Yeah, I have Switch online (with expansion pack) and it seems my saves carried over automatically at least when I did the profile transfer (dunno if that transfer did game saves or if it just synced with the online service). I was just trying to avoid re-downloading all my games again. But I just said screw it and queued up all my games to download again and they've been downloading all day so far.

I rarely play my Switch portably, but this OLED was an open box at my PX for $319, so I impulse bought it and figured I could resell my OG Switch for $250 at least. I have a Satisfye grip for it too, which unfortunately the OLED is just a few mm wider and doesn't fit, so I guess I'll have to order a new one of those along with a screen protector. Any recommendations before I buy whatever has the best reviews on Amazon?

I ended up getting a Skull & Co OLED switch grip and rather like it, I especially like how it fits in the dock without removing it, unlike my Satisfye switch grip.
I got the LE Zelda themed grip though, so it matches my TOTK OLED Switch.

...I also got the Satisfye OLED TOTK style grip, both are good. I think i lean more towards Skull and Co for ease of use.

Honestly, I'm mostly using the NYXI Wizard when i'm in handheld these days.

https://nyxigaming.com/products/nyxi-wizard-wireless-joy-pad

Reactions: T4rd
like this
I ended up getting a Skull & Co OLED switch grip and rather like it, I especially like how it fits in the dock without removing it, unlike my Satisfye switch grip.

...I also got the Satisfye OLED TOTK style grip, both are good. I think i lean more towards Skull and Co for ease of use.

Don't forgot to do your free products application: https://nyxigaming.com/pages/free-products-application

Skull and Co grip looks nice, but they only have white and red/blue colors on Amazon and their website, and I just want a black or grey one.

Satisfye seems to have gotten pretty big britches since I got my OG Switch grip in 2019 too. My grip was $17.51 back then and now they're $45 for the grip only for $70 for the case bundle. Dafuq..

I spent about $35 on my satisfye grip, definitely overpriced compared to what they used to be. I was pretty fucking full of Zelda mania though, because I ordered it the same day I ordered my TOTK OLED and $35 didn't seem like a big deal at the time. lol.

So if you pay attention to the market, you'll know 2 things.

1. Jensen looooves money
2. ARM SOC's aren't making that money

Will switch 2 have an AMD soc? Thoughts? Will there be a portable switch 2?

View: https://youtu.be/M2bl_Jqti44?t=117

Apparently, Nintendo did demo Unreal Engine 5 (The Matrix Awaken tech demo) running DLSS 3.5

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sources-nintendo-showed-switch-2-demos-at-gamescom/

The demo is said to have been running using Nvidia’s DLSS upscaling technology, with advanced ray tracing enabled and visuals comparable to Sony‘s and Microsoft’s current-gen consoles

Also ran Zelda and higher res and frame rate. "said" being an important word here, but that could confirm the Switch 2 will be again an Nvidia SOC like it was highly rumored.

Nintendo is back with yet another limited release in the "99" series of classic games, where 99 people compete in one game online, this time with the original F-ZERO. It is available now for Switch Online subscribers.

And yet they can't get 8 people connected in Mario Kart Tour without constant disconnects.

Nintendo is back with yet another limited release in the "99" series of classic games, where 99 people compete in one game online, this time with the original F-ZERO. It is available now for Switch Online subscribers.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haoiSDKghLE

I've never played my Switch online with anything, but this looks pretty sweet. Just played a Grand Prix round on the game to practice a bit for it. But yeah, I'm concerned with how well latency and connection will be on a game like that.

I've never played my Switch online with anything, but this looks pretty sweet. Just played a Grand Prix round on the game to practice a bit for it. But yeah, I'm concerned with how well latency and connection will be on a game like that.
I can confirm after playing for the last 2ish hours that f-zero 99 is awesome.

No Man's Sky Nintendo Switch Edition Announcement Trailer

FSR 2 implementation improves performance in Switch for NMS

NMS on Switch: No Man's Sky's custom FSR 2 support dramatically improves the game​

Hello Games has rolled out FSR 2 upscaling support to all platforms, even the last generation consoles where the headroom to support it is limited. In each case, settings were optimised to the specific platform, but we can't help but wonder whether Hello's Switch implementation could find life elsewhere, perhaps for improved performance on PC integrated graphics.

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfo...-fsr-2-support-dramatically-improves-the-game

We asked Hello Games what its approach was in bringing AMD's temporal supersampling upscaler to Switch and the developer supplied a detail-rich reply:

Meh. You don't buy a switch to play games for other systems. If it' slow enough to run on S or a switch 2, i'm not really interested in it for ps5.

that's not what he's saying...he's saying that the technology/hardware inside the Switch 2 is so good that games will be releasing on all the high end platforms at the same time

that's not what he's saying...he's saying that the technology/hardware inside the Switch 2 is so good that games will be releasing on all the high end platforms at the same time
Series S isn't high end, it's a mess. Switch 2 will be roughly 1/2 that performance. Current gen games shouldn't be releasing on either.

Series S isn't high end, it's a mess. Switch 2 will be roughly 1/2 that performance. Current gen games shouldn't be releasing on either.
The Switch 2 is going to be even more of a dinosaur then the Switch 1. Rumors it is around base PS4 performance.

Imo, it doesn't matter what GPU is inside the switch. It might well be a 4090.

But it has to run at 9watts. That is the same power budget of the steam deck or the lesser z1 non-extreme RoG Ally

Rumors put it around ps4 pro peformance clock for clock which, for a handheld, is kinda crazy, especially for a part that's supposed to be sub 15w. (Ps4 pro was 300 watts)
That's almost on par with a steam deck except it's likely gonna be smaller than a steam deck

Also, it will have 10+ years of architecture improvements over the ps4 including a heavy reliance on DLSS. Considering what the switch is able to throw out with it's ancient technology, this will likely be a rather substantial improvement even if it's only partly accurate.

Imo, it doesn't matter what GPU is inside the switch. It might well be a 4090.

But it has to run at 9watts. That is the same power budget of the steam deck or the lesser z1 non-extreme RoG Ally
I mean i kinda agree. I think 99% of people buy the switch for N first party games. I bought mine specifically for Zelda, and Zelda sequel, also played mario. Will prob play new mario and definitely the RPG remake. At no point did i ever wish a AAA 3rd party game would release on it, because it would be awful. I've always been against, and will continue to be against, current gen games wasting dev time trying to get their stuff to run on last gen or mobile hardware. I think lots of gamers agree with me.

That said, would love to get TOTK at 60fps on a new switch, not denying it. Hopefully they have a pre-order system in place, because i'm not jumping through crazy hoops to get a console again on launch day like I did with ps5, no way. OG switch was probably the easiest console i've gotten since ps2.

The Switch 2 is going to be even more of a dinosaur then the Switch 1. Rumors it is around base PS4 performance.
Agree'd. But for a closed ecosystem which N has, it's not bad. Yea some games run bad but i got used to them, it's also hand held, which i almost never used.

I've been playing SMB Wonder, it's pretty good because it's slightly challenging. I think it's funny because you have to go on some kind of drug-induced trip in every stage and the flowers in the game talk to you and say positive things in a super chill voice. Pretty sure one of the flowers said "I believe in youuuuu" at the beginning of the game. The flowers are more of a sanitized version of Towelie. My only complaint is that the audio is really flat or barely stereo; it's weird. Major buzzkill. The music and effects are good, but I don't think the game even outputs surround.

I've been playing SMB Wonder, it's pretty good because it's slightly challenging. I think it's funny because you have to go on some kind of drug-induced trip in every stage and the flowers in the game talk to you and say positive things in a super chill voice. Pretty sure one of the flowers said "I believe in youuuuu" at the beginning of the game. The flowers are more of a sanitized version of Towelie. My only complaint is that the audio is really flat or barely stereo; it's weird. Major buzzkill. The music and effects are good, but I don't think the game even outputs surround.
:ROFLMAO: Sounds awesome :D! I'm going to see what deals may crop up for the holidays on a switch and then debate if I should wait for a switch 2 with backwards compatibility or just buy now and enjoy.

There was a mod that came out that made the flowers say obscenities but Nintendo squashed it.

There was a mod that came out that made the flowers say obscenities but Nintendo squashed it.
Uhhhhh... A mod came out and was squashed in a single day of release of the game? Are you talking about a modded pirated copy or something?

Back