NFS Most Wanted = Amazing :|

Stormlifter said:
This version looks fun cause you get the run from the cops again... yay!

... Minus the fact that their Pontiac GrandAms can catch up to a car going 175 MPH... ;)

It disappoints me to see that two thirds of the online community lacks the ability to use brakes.

Are they preset courses or do you have the ability to drive anywhere you want like in Underground 2?

I really liked being able to just drive around the city at my leisure and look at teh scenery.

GForce64 said:
It disappoints me to see that two thirds of the online community lacks the ability to use brakes.
howd you even manage to get into an online game, its damn near impossible

finalgt said:
"This game isn't Project Gotham Racing 3"

I'd be fine if it isn't PGR3, as long as it's more like Porsche Unleashed, the original Hot Pursuit, or the original Need for Speed. Give me a game that Road & Track would want to have their logo on again.

As for rice, I respect Asian cars (the 350Z is beautiful, though I like my Mustang and would take a GT over a Z) but the whole street racing subculture just annoys the crap out of me. I couldn't care less about earning street cred or blinging out my ride, and I get the impression that EA just isn't interested in making games for people like me anymore. Which is fine, because apparently Microsoft is interested in making that sort of game (PGR and Forza).

name said:
Got mine in 10. Good link - I never remember Yahoo Games.

Yeah, that's how you bypass the slow speeds given to basic membership users on gamespot...lol

I get an error...saying I don't have 3d3...something...deleted demo and downloading from fileplanet...may have something to do with 81.87's im running.

wow, I love this demo... and it runs VERY VERY VERY good.....

with the underground 2... runs like crap.. but with msot wanted... holycow.... 1600x1200 max everything 4xAA 16xAF and it is smooth as silk... but with 1280x960 it runs even smoother hehe....

I found some nice settings and will likely pick this one up, although I really hate the console impact on the nfs genre, but I guess thats where the money is.

i think its fine, its the customization that gets people, you can trade your cars with friends and show off how you modded your car and so on, sure the underground racing aspect is a tad lame with the street cred and all but its nice to race a friend with the same car except they look completely different

meh my 2cents

I was up late last night playing this demo. It's badass. I havent played a Need for Speed game, or any racing game for that matter since High Stakes so this was really a breath of fresh air. Very fun. The sense of speed is awesome. It also runs very well. Which makes it even more fun. I will definitely be getting this.

Ive got an old MS sidewinder wheel in a closet in my house that I MAY bust out. My gamepad is more convenient right now, just pick it up and play.

Hope you can turn off the motion blur in the retail version of the game.........

other wise it looks very cool :cool:

Does anyone know whether NFS Most Wanted will finally support Dolby 5.1? The other games in the NFS series were near perfect, except that they only played in stereo. If the Xbox360 version supports 5.1(arn't all of the supposed?), but the PC version doesn't, i'll probably be pissed.

I always get a kick from seeing how serious the cop looks when shoving me into the police car rofl :D!

One thing I miss is the sense of humor from previous pursuit games. I remember being chased left & right by a dog & a bunch of cops lol. Well, at least riding backwards and have half a dozen chase me is still possible, swoot :p!!

What's up with the shadows on 9800pro cards ?

My friend is playing this demo and the shadows look all blocky turned up high.
Looked on some forums and it seems this is affecting all <x class ATi cards.
Is this a bug in the demo or a problem with ATi drivers ?
Hopefully retail is fixed.

Bobby said:
Well, at least riding backwards and have half a dozen chase me is still possible, swoot :p!!

Swoot?? LoL. Yes it is a good scene to be rolling backwards in your pimped viper will cops are yelling, "We're losing him!"

Stormlifter said:
Sounds like this demo is buggy.... sad cause NFS is generally pretty bug free...
Here's my 2 cents... 6800GT, installed fine, runs great, without a hitch, with 4x AA and 8x AF at 1024x768. Didn't try going to 1280x960.

I don't doubt it's an ATI issue some people are having. I couldn't even run the NFSU2 demo back when I had a Radeon 9800 Pro. I haven't really had any of those kinds of issues with my latest Nvidia card.

Game is fun overall. But then I finished the original NFSU and enjoyed doing it. Same thing with Midnight Club 2. To each their own.

Stereophile said:
What's up with the shadows on 9800pro cards ?

My friend is playing this demo and the shadows look all blocky turned up high.
Looked on some forums and it seems this is affecting all <x class ATi cards.
Is this a bug in the demo or a problem with ATi drivers ?
Hopefully retail is fixed.

first off why are you trying to run with any shadows on an 9800 series card?

second, just turn the shadows off. you will get about 10-25 fps more.

Yeah the shadow performance hit is large, im guessing everything is highly optimized for the xbox and not so much for us. Hopefully much can be gained from driver revisions that do the old switcheroo with the shaders. I've found using a lower resolution with antialiasing performs better than upping resolution alone due to shader performance.

Deviationer said:
first off why are you trying to run with any shadows on an 9800 series card?

second, just turn the shadows off. you will get about 10-25 fps more.

First off why don't you read and comprehend what I wrote ?

Second of all it's not my card. Apparently there is a bug/and or no support for high quality shadows on that series. Max out the shadows and it still looks like shit. People should have the option to take the performance hit if they want to. I can't believe a 9800pro couldn't run this game with full shadows at 640x480 with decent performance. I haven't seen anyone complain of the shadows using older nvidia cards so I assume it is an ATi specific problem.

It so unrealistic....

it has gas at $1.76...

I love this game I am so glad there is a racing game that isn't so linear...

The actress for Officer Turf apparently let it slip that she is working on a remake of the original 2005 Most Wanted, due to be released next year.

1689170302691.png

I wouldn’t mind Most Wanted with modern cars and graphics. Let’s hope they don’t fuck it up like NFS Unbound. That game was worse than horse shit.

Let’s hope they don’t fuck it up like NFS Unbound. That game was worse than horse shit.

I had EA Play Pro left over from playing the Dead Space remake and downloaded NFS Unbound to try it. I tried playing the first race and the cars felt like they're slightly on rails, like slot cars that can just switch lanes. Uninstalled. Wasn't worth the download time.

I want a remake of the PS2 version of NFS Hot Pursuit 2 (Xbox, PC, and GC were a different studio) but with modern cars and graphics, also proper wheel support.

Back