Nexus M ( 2015 ) Smartphone

I got used to the N6 size really quick. I was on the phone last night and thought about that as I read news on the new Nexus. Now I pick up the phone and the size feels natural. Then again I'm 6'6" with proportionate hands but I noticed I had to start holding the phone differently than I do other phones. It's definitely on the limit in terms of size as it's borderline uncomfortable manipulate some times.

I'm planning on a day 1 purchase of the next N5 and am second guessing going down in screen size.

Today, I was relatively excited for the OnePlus2, and thought it might be my next phone. But, wow, does it look like a flop, and calling it a "2016 Flagship Killer' is just ignorant... So, fuck them.

I'm back on the waiting bandwagon, and can't be more excited for the new Nexus.

Yeah.. the two huge problems with the OnePlus 2
1: No NFC. Instant fail there for me. (I actually use wallet for purchases wherever possible)
2: No version for Sprint. Double fail there.

So basically i'm just waiting for the new Nexus 5. Hopefully my contract will be up by then.

I've had my HTC One m7 paid off for a year now, and I've loved it so much that I never needed anything else, and lately it's been showing it's age, and the dev support is almost dead. So, time for something new. The new Nexus can't come any sooner...

Also waiting for the next Nexus phone(s). But it will be gimped in some way, just like before. The condition for an OEM to build a Nexus phone seems to be that it cannot be better than the OEM's current flagship.

It's a rather fucked up situation, if you think about it. If you want the best specs, you'll have to get the OEMs flagships and suffer from their software. If you want the best software, you'll have to wait quite a while for the Nexus phone, and suffer on the hardware side instead.

Huawei probably isn't going to cut corners on this one as this is also their entrance into the American markets... And that their flagship phones already cost ~$350

Looking good, LG! Basically a G4 with front facing speakers and finger print sensor in the back!

http://bgr.com/2015/08/14/lg-nexus-5-2015-images-design/

lg-nexus-5-onleaks-uswitch-video-3.jpg

Another day, another render. This time it's the Galaxy S front with Moto style speakers. The back looks like something from four years ago. Less fugly than the original Nexus 5 though.

The back of the Nexus 5 is ugly as hell. I might have to go with the Huawei, assuming it is AMOLED.

Ha ha, the picture was taken with an iPhone!

I do wonder, what phones do Mountain View Googlers/Alphabets use?

Ha ha, the picture was taken with an iPhone!

I do wonder, what phones do Mountain View Googlers/Alphabets use?

I've been to the Googleplex, and I see plenty of Apple products including iPhones. I don't think Google cares what you use. On the other hand, I heard any Windows laptop won't be able to log into Apple's corporate WiFi.

i'm still on my OG 8gig Nexus 4. i like the form factor and the no-bullshit android experience (looking at you, samsung). i'm stoked for a replacement.

I've been to the Googleplex, and I see plenty of Apple products including iPhones. I don't think Google cares what you use. On the other hand, I heard any Windows laptop won't be able to log into Apple's corporate WiFi.

Apple definitely has Windows systems on its network (it has to develop Windows apps and Boot Camp somehow). On WiFi, I'm not so sure.

As for Google, it's not surprising. As often as some hardcore Android fans like to imagine Google shoving the Apple users into a dark corner, the truth is that Google doesn't mind any device that can easily tap into its services -- heck, you'll probably see more Macs than Windows PCs or Chromebooks. Apple is a hardware company, so it has a vested interest in getting staff to use its own devices.

Is it just me, or does that phone look like a.... Marshmallow.... :D

Looks more like a tampon. Just needs more LG red.

But on a serious note I'll overlook the aesthetics if the internals are good. We'll see.

Better be a sub $400 with those specs, esp. considering the Moto X Pure/Style has the same SoC and RAM, but with a better display, expandable storage, and considerably larger battery for $400 already. I wouldn't even consider it for more than $350. Assuming it will be available on Verizon still as well.

Is there any talk or confirmation of whether this will be available with Project Fi? I got an invite, but I don't want to buy the older and quite expensive Nexus 6, so I was hoping to wait for this.

Is there any talk or confirmation of whether this will be available with Project Fi? I got an invite, but I don't want to buy the older and quite expensive Nexus 6, so I was hoping to wait for this.

It's only a rumor, at this point.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/4...exus-5-2015-with-project-fi-support-rumor.htm

Some user on XDA was actually able to get Project FI working on the current Nexus 5, lol
http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/general/project-fi-nexus-5-t3136193

I got my eye out for the new N6, really hoping the rumors of 3500mah battery and Snapdragon 820 are true. Very much doubting the 820 though but we should know soon

I got my eye out for the new N6, really hoping the rumors of 3500mah battery and Snapdragon 820 are true. Very much doubting the 820 though but we should know soon

Recently the past week or so, I have read a dozen different Android sites stating these spec's;

- Snapdragon 810
- 5.7" AMOLED qHD screen
- 3GB RAM
- 3,300mAh battery
- 32GB / 64GB storage
- Metal build quality like HTC One line
- Overall phone size and shape very similar to the Note 5
- Price same as Nexus 6 ( $650 )
- Won't be named Nexus 6 ( 2015 )

Last edited:
Gonna be a hard choice between this and the Moto X Pure. Front facing speakers are pretty much a requirement for me coming from my M8. But the fingerprint scanner on the new N5 will be super nice too. I don't care about camera or battery life much since I'm always near power and never use my camera. So it's pretty much down to that... and if the N5 will still work on Verizon.

Nexus 5X :cool:

This is a rendering, but source says it is extremely close to the real deal. The spec's are different than listed too, real spec's Snapdragon 808...5.2" screen...2750mAh battery...3GM RAM...

Last edited:
If that's really it, then that's a no brainer for $400. But somehow I doubt that's the real specs, or if it is then no way it'll still be $400. Maybe $450 at the cheapest.

If that's really it, then that's a no brainer for $400. But somehow I doubt that's the real specs, or if it is then no way it'll still be $400. Maybe $450 at the cheapest.

No way will it be less than $600USD, mark my words.

No way will it be less than $600USD, mark my words.

It will be $399 and $449 respectively for the Nexus 5X. It is more of the "Budget friendly" Nexus phone this year, with good specs, but not top of the line super specs.

The Huawei Nexus also coming out Sept. 29th, will be the super Nexus, and that will be $650 they say. With a 5.7" AMOLED display...4GB RAM...Snapdragon 810...3,300mAh battery.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/google-nexus-phone-2015-news/

http://phandroid.com/2015/09/02/huawei-nexus-and-lg-nexus-rumor/

LG Nexus 5X spec's;
$400 / $450
- Snapdragon 808
- 3GB RAM
- 5.2" LCD Screen
- 1080p
- 2,700mAh battery
- Dual front facing speakers

Huawei Nexus 6X spec's;
$650