New Samsung 4k for everyone.

I would like to know 1080p@60Hz performance as well. I can't afford to spend $1000 on a GPU, but would love the screen real estate for desktop work.

It performs just the same as any other monitor or video card would at 1080p. I played Crysis at 1080p for a while and it looked great IMO. Obviously that's a relative assessment but I would have no qualms playing the latest games at 1080p.

Preach. Be warned once you get used to more real estate space it can be hard to go back, so maybe the 40" is better in that sense. :)

Yeah Im still everyday wow'd by the huge eye candy at 40" I don't understand why they don't make more 4K monitors 40"+.

Any time someone spews unfounded garbage like "PWM makes this display a joke" or assuming this can only be a good display if it's ideal for professional gamers, they instantly lose all credibility in my view.

Not only is this an excellent display in many other aspects (size, brightness, contrast, response time, resolution, brand reliability, value), but it's downright better than most overall.
I've got a PWM-free Dell 4k alongside multiple smaller PWM backlit displays -it doesn't even bother me in the first place, and it's damn sure not enough of a difference to negate all the other benefits. Hence why I'm still here.

I have a sneaking suspicion that even if it was PWM-free, we would still have goalpost movers posting about how it needs GSYNC and 10000hz. All this despite the fact that many of us aren't competitive gamers, and have no interest in ever being one.
I much prefer the huge array of benefits on a display like this, you folks are more than welcome to attach yourself by the hip to your 800 dollar TN panels, PWM free micro-displays and CRTs.
Just don't pretend like there aren't screens that equal or best them in every other aspect than refresh rate or some vague concept of "professional gaming motion fluidity".

It performs just the same as any other monitor or video card would at 1080p. I played Crysis at 1080p for a while and it looked great IMO. Obviously that's a relative assessment but I would have no qualms playing the latest games at 1080p.

Thanks for confirming! I was just wondering whether the visual quality would somehow deteriorate when running the screen at 1080p instead of 4K.

I was able to get my 48" curved and it's fucking breath taking. My GF is even like ... jesus. Viewing it from 4' away and it's perfect. The Curve just adds to the immersion. Desktop looks awesome. These 4k wallpapers are just .. wow. I've been waiting for the moment for a long time. I love watching all the 4k content on you tube. I actually have a Panasonic GH4 with a 20mm pancake lens that shoots 4k video. I went out and captured some content at 4k .... just blown away. I will be picking up the new AMD 390x 8GB card shortly I hope. For now, I'm using 2 x 960 cards in SLI. Im still getting 40 - 50fps at 4k on high settings. BF4 looks like a totally different game.

I did do a latency test against my 42" LG that does 28ms. The 48" Curved had very good numbers at 23ms and 24ms.

And honestly, the different between 40" and 48" is almost nothing. like 7.25 inches? That's like your thumb and middle finger seperated if you have large hands. That extra room just makes the 4k text / desktop that much better.

I LOVE THE GLOSSY display. It makes all the colors just pop and explode and the cool thing about the curve, there is no reflection really because of the slight curve. Win / Win.

As soon as I can clean up my desk area I will take pictures for you guys.

Last edited:
Any time someone spews unfounded garbage like "PWM makes this display a joke" or assuming this can only be a good display if it's ideal for professional gamers, they instantly lose all credibility in my view.

It's more to the extent that PWM causes eye-strain on top of motion artifacts/blur which many find unacceptable on a display of this cost. Nobody commented that the display has to be "ideal for professional gamers"; but rather, the display in general would be worthless for gaming due to factors NCX has already cited. I barely play games, but I consider any display that uses PWM to be useless for even office/coding work because of eye-strain.

Not only is this an excellent display in many other aspects (size, brightness, contrast, response time, resolution, brand reliability, value), but it's downright better than most overall.
I've got a PWM-free Dell 4k alongside multiple smaller PWM backlit displays -it doesn't even bother me in the first place, and it's damn sure not enough of a difference to negate all the other benefits. Hence why I'm still here.

The Dell's issue is that 4k doesn't appear to jive with matte coatings, mainly because of the size of the pixels. The appeal of a TV as a monitor is its glossy coating.

Second, you're generalizing; PWM may not affect you, but it may affect many others.

qkslvr221 said:
I have a sneaking suspicion that even if it was PWM-free, we would still have goalpost movers posting about how it needs GSYNC and 10000hz. All this despite the fact that many of us aren't competitive gamers, and have no interest in ever being one.
I much prefer the huge array of benefits on a display like this, you folks are more than welcome to attach yourself by the hip to your 800 dollar TN panels, PWM free micro-displays and CRTs.
Just don't pretend like there aren't screens that equal or best them in every other aspect than refresh rate or some vague concept of "professional gaming motion fluidity".

If it were PWM free, then this would be the monitor to get for "4k enthusiasts." Obviously this is not intended for the "hardcore" gamer, and I'd wager the vast majority of the thread is interested in 4K real-estate as opposed to motion clarity. If they were interested in motion clarity, then they'd go buy the Acer XB270HU.

All in all, you've misconstrued a simple comment on how this would not be ideal for gaming because of it's use of PWM. I don't think it's really useful for anything because of it's PWM, but that's just me.

Last edited:

The display elitists who seemingly get so irate over what most would consider perfect displays do serve a purpose, which is to set those goalposts and keep mfgs honest. I don't mind them, provided that I remember that their standard isn't necessarily my standard, and that I don't auto-disqualify any model they deem unworthy without checking it out personally.

PWM is a nightmare, absolutely. But one I rank lower than the combination of 4:4:4@60Hz, 40"+ size, and 4k capability. So for me, for my personal needs, I can live with PWM in exchange for the other issues all being checked off.

Had a buddy once that bought, and returned, 7 different 65" projection CRT Mitsu televisions from a local Best Buy back in the day, (the old cabinet type), because he kept "finding things wrong with them". All were perfect, saw each and watched him run through the exact tests where he spotted the flaws in person. Saw little to nothing that would be an issue for 99.9% of viewing.

Just be thankful you don't have that insane level of OCD...even a McDonald's burger can be decent when you're hungry. ;)

Last edited:
As soon as I can clean up my desk area I will take pictures for you guys.

Yes, please!

Glad you're happy with it so far. Which model did you end up getting, the 6700 or the 7500? If you don't mind, how much did it cost?

I'm also very curious how text looks on these. I don't think I'd be happy unless it was perfectly sharp and crisp, like on a true PC monitor (Philips BDM4065UC, Seiki 40", etc.).

6700 curved, $1,149 even. I used my tax id to avoid taxes.

I bought the 50" 6500 for $1,089 but took it back a few hours later unopened.

I have a BenQ 32" right next to the new 48" curved and it really does make the 32" look like a 2 or 3 year old monitor. In fact. it looks washed out a bit and dull.

The colors, the blacks, the contrast, the gloss makes this display just POP. Looks incredible.

I'm playing with some settings I found. I will post those once I think it's perfect

It's more to the extent that PWM causes eye-strain on top of motion artifacts/blur which many find unacceptable on a display of this cost. Nobody commented that the display has to be "ideal for professional gamers"; but rather, the display in general would be worthless for gaming due to factors NCX has already cited. I barely play games, but I consider any display that uses PWM to be useless for even office/coding work because of eye-strain.

I don't see any owners in this thread complaining about motion artifacts, do you? Again, no actual owners have complained about PWM in either this or the Phillips despite a few non-owners' dismissal of the entire category of screens.

The Dell's issue is that 4k doesn't appear to jive with matte coatings, mainly because of the size of the pixels. The appeal of a TV as a monitor is its glossy coating.

Now you're dismissing all matte displays with any type of anti-glare coating, how's that for a generalization?
I own both the Dell 4K and a 1080p Sony full-gloss, the matte coating on my P2415Q is hardly noticeable at all. It's not only much sharper than the Sony, but than any other PC display I own.
It's nearly as sharp as the 2560x1440 screen on my Note 4.

If it were PWM free, then this would be the monitor to get for "4k enthusiasts." Obviously this is not intended for the "hardcore" gamer, and I'd wager the vast majority of the thread is interested in 4K real-estate as opposed to motion clarity. If they were, then they'd go buy the Acer XB270HU.

You'll have to excuse me if I doubt that, as I think there would still be people whining about lack of GSYNC and screen tearing, again something that only applies to a small set of usage scenarios.
Unsurprisingly, I don't see any owners in both threads complaining about this either, while there are people with backlight bleed and dark/light pixel transition problems on the Phillips.

All in all, you've misconstrued a simple comment on how this would not be ideal for gaming because of it's use of PWM. I don't think it's really useful for anything because of it's PWM, but that's just me.

I don't think we've even established the PWM frequency of this one, yet look at the bevy of whining from non-owners being posted.
As long as you understand that you're in an extremely small subset of potential owners, that's affected so much by a backlighting tech that it negates every positive aspect of the display.
It seems our resident display troll, NCX, does not.

Yes, the text looks perfect. These are monitors in every sense of the word. People just hear TV and they get stupid. Not the case at all.

Trust me, I can open up 2 firefox windows and see everything perfectly and still have a ton of desktop for irc / music. In fact, my productivity and work flow feels much better.

These 48" curved feels like I'm using an advanced alien display like I'm years ahead in technology. I was actually concerned with having a curved display at first but now it's like a wrap around monitor and the feeling it gives is pretty amazing. The only thing this is missing is the ability to move my hands around to drag and drop windows like Tom Cruise did in Minority Report. That's the feeling the curved monitor is giving me.

Last edited:
Yes, the text looks perfect. These are monitors in every sense of the word. People just hear TV and they get stupid. Not the case at all.

Trust me, I can open up 2 firefox windows and see everything perfectly and still have a ton of desktop for irc / music. In fact, my productivity and work flow feels much better.

These 48" curved feels like I'm using an advanced alien display like I'm years ahead in technology. I was actually concerned with having a curved display at first but now it's like a wrap around monitor and the feeling it gives is pretty amazing.

SixFootDuo is getting me all excited...his posts are the male version of 50 Shades of Grey...:cool::cool:

Lol. I know, right?

Am I the only one who is bothered by the thread title? Seeing "Samesung" over and over is driving me nuts. :p

These 48" curved feels like I'm using an advanced alien display like I'm years ahead in technology. I was actually concerned with having a curved display at first but now it's like a wrap around monitor and the feeling it gives is pretty amazing.

Very cool, how far are you sitting from the 48"? I'm still unable to decide between the 40 and 48" curved screens as I'll be sitting ~2ft from the display. Do you have to turn your head much to view content at the sides?

Very cool, how far are you sitting from the 48"? I'm still unable to decide between the 40 and 48" curved screens as I'll be sitting ~2ft from the display. Do you have to turn your head much to view content at the sides?

I'm also wrestling with this. I sit at a similar distance and I think for us, the 40" might be preferable. I looked up the dimensions of the 48" last night and used a tape measure to "imagine" what the 48" would look like in front of me. Holy cow..it was ridiculously huge, lol.

I use a 8' x 4 1/2 table. I have about 4' in front of the monitor. If you have 2' go with the 40

6700 curved, $1,149 even. I used my tax id to avoid taxes.

I bought the 50" 6500 for $1,089 but took it back a few hours later unopened.

I have a BenQ 32" right next to the new 48" curved and it really does make the 32" look like a 2 or 3 year old monitor. In fact. it looks washed out a bit and dull.

The colors, the blacks, the contrast, the gloss makes this display just POP. Looks incredible.

I'm playing with some settings I found. I will post those once I think it's perfect

If you don't mind me asking did you buy it off Amazon? That price sounds similar and if you did how long did it take to arrive + the condition of the box when it did?

I don't see any owners in this thread complaining about motion artifacts, do you? Again, no actual owners have complained about PWM in either this or the Phillips despite a few non-owners' dismissal of the entire category of screens.

I don't see how this is relevant?

I already said that the consumer buying this monitor isn't as wholly interested in motion clarity.

People who have issue with PWM will simply not buy this. That's why we ask for tests to be done, so we know whether or not we want it. If you take issue with people being critical of something you bought, then ignore them. That's certainly a better solution than making irate posts with the nuance of "Stop saying what I bought sucks!"

We have to have critics for technology to move forward -- that's how we got PWM removed and less grainy matte coatings applied to many consumer monitors.

Now you're dismissing all matte displays with any type of anti-glare coating, how's that for a generalization?
I own both the Dell 4K and a 1080p Sony full-gloss, the matte coating on my P2415Q is hardly noticeable at all. It's not only much sharper than the Sony, but than any other PC display I own.
It's nearly as sharp as the 2560x1440 screen on my Note 4.

I didn't make any generalization; you're putting words in people's mouth (again).

The pixels in a 4k display are very, very small. A monitor with too thick a matte coating for it's size (everything not including the BL3201PT, LG31UM97 and EV3237) will appear grainy. Reviewers have already confirmed that the Dell in question is grainy (PCmonitors, =DEAD=.)

Dell obviously does not have a 32" 4k monitor using one of the [non-grainy] panels in the monitors mentioned above.

You'll have to excuse me if I doubt that, as I think there would still be people whining about lack of GSYNC and screen tearing, again something that only applies to a small set of usage scenarios.
Unsurprisingly, I don't see any owners in both threads complaining about this either, while there are people with backlight bleed and dark/light pixel transition problems on the Phillips.

Um.

There's no one complaining because "gamers" are not interested in it? You basically just contradicted your own scenario. There's always going to be one guy saying "Damn, I wish this had G-SYNC." But, assuming they purchased the display, then they're obviously interested in 4K more than the former.

You also may find this hard to believe, but the people that post on this forum are typically adults that understand when they're the target audience for a product. I don't see any thread on this forum spiraling out of control with "It's shit because it doesn't have G-sync." or "Only 60hz? Garbage." (rabidz7 does not apply to this category.)

Low PWM frequencies, however, do not fall in the same category as "lack of features." It's detrimental -- an attempt to cut costs and nothing more. It has no place in expensive products like this, and as such, I find it ridiculous.

I don't think we've even established the PWM frequency of this one, yet look at the bevy of whining from non-owners being posted.
As long as you understand that you're in an extremely small subset of potential owners, that'd be affected so much by a backlighting tech that it would negate every positive aspect of the display.
It seems our resident display troll, NCX, does not.

We can deduce from tests earlier in the thread that it's very low, mainly due in part to the amount of lines being shown. Higher PWM frequencies produce less lines than what's been said.

If people are interested entirely in the 4K experience, then they're going to buy it anyway. There's always going to be critics of things you like, you're going to need to learn how to deal with that.

Calling NCX a troll because he's voiced an opinion on newer information (PWM test being rather recent) that's opposite yours is quite funny.

But I rest -- I have the information I require from this thread -- I don't want to belie it with needless bicker.

I already said that the consumer buying this monitor isn't as wholly interested in motion clarity.

People who have issue with PWM will simply not buy this.

4k doesn't appear to jive with matte coatings, mainly because of the size of the pixels. The appeal of a TV as a monitor is its glossy coating.

I didn't make any generalization; you're putting words in people's mouth (again).

Looks like self-awareness isn't your strong suit. You're basically saying all those who don't like PWM only have the option of not buying any PWM-based screen.
Surprisingly, there are many of who don't prefer it, but are willing to make informed compromises based on the large list of positive attributes I mentioned.

If you take issue with people being critical of something you bought, then ignore them. That's certainly a better solution than making irate posts with the nuance of "Stop saying what I bought sucks!"

I actually haven't bought this yet, and am more interested in a discussion than whatever anger-fueled confirmation bias you have in mind.

Reviewers have already confirmed that the Dell in question is grainy

Now we're getting somewhere. Here's a direct quote from the source you named:
"The image didn’t look as clean – the surface texture didn’t seem as ‘smooth’ as on some otherwise comparable matte surfaces. It is at least free from the heavy ‘smeary’ grain that is pretty much exclusive to ‘heavier’ matte surfaces."

Doesn't sound nearly as damning as your wording to me, I wonder why that is. It's as if the actual difference isn't nearly as large as you make it out to be, though I'm in full agreement that any grainy coatings should be removed.

There's no one complaining because "gamers" are not interested in it? You basically just contradicted your own scenario. There's always going to be one guy saying "Damn, I wish this had G-SYNC." But, assuming they purchased the display, then they're obviously interested in 4K more than the former.

You also may find this hard to believe, but the people that post on this forum are typically adults that understand when they're the target audience for a product. I don't see any thread on this forum spiraling out of control with "It's shit because it doesn't have G-sync." or "Only 60hz? Garbage." (rabidz7 does not apply to this category.)

Yes, there was, but it seems those posts have since been deleted (see quotes from page 11). I'm not going postulate more assumptions or generalize.

Low PWM frequencies, however, do not fall in the same category as "lack of features." It's detrimental -- an attempt to cut costs and nothing more. It has no place on expensive products like this, and as such, I find it ridiculous.

We can deduce from tests earlier in the thread that it's very low, mainly due in part to the amount of lines being shown. Higher PWM frequencies produce less lines than what's been said.

It's wholly detrimental to you and select few users only, as evidenced by the numerous happy actual owners.
I don't agree with that deduction, and am certainly not willing to discount the display for that reason.
Yet another assumption on your part- that nobody is making an informed compromise with both factors being taken into account.

If people are interested entirely in the 4K experience, then they're going to buy it anyway. There's always going to be critics of things you like, you're going to need to learn how to deal with that.

Calling NCX a troll because he's voiced an opinion on newer information (PWM test being rather recent) that's opposite yours is quite funny.

But I rest -- I have the information I require from this thread -- I don't want to belie it with needless bicker.

This isn't about my personal reaction to disagreement at all. If you have a problem with this discussion, I suggest you find somewhere else to hypocritically "teach" and "bicker".

Does the PWM kick in below a certain brightness level? Or is it always "on"?

Based on the encouraging information in this thread combined with this new post about the BDM4065UC, I'm very tempted to cancel my order for the Philips and order the 40" JU6700 from Amazon (they don't seem to have the 40" JU7500 yet).

But Amazon itself doesn't appear to have stock yet, so I'm checking out the various third party sellers because I want the option to return it if need be. For anyone else doing the same, be sure and read the return policies. Some don't allow returns on TVs larger than 32", others charge a restocking fee, and some others don't accept returns on TVs at all.

Looking forward to more discussion as more people acquire these!

So can someone tell me which 40" 4K TV is the best to use a gaming monitor, that has the lowest input lag, 4:4:4 @ 60 hz, and the best colors/blacks?

Surprisingly, there are many of who don't prefer it, but are willing to make informed compromises based on the large list of positive attributes I mentioned.

Actually, no one has reviewed the displays people have purchased in this thread and I'm the only person to ask about PWM. Informed compromises and purchases have not been made.

The rest of your posts essentially endorse and promotes ignorance since people are happy. If you can't figure out why this is dumb, then maybe you should only read five star Amazon reviews from now on.

So can someone tell me which 40" 4K TV is the best to use a gaming monitor, that has the lowest input lag, 4:4:4 @ 60 hz, and the best colors/blacks?

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1041514671&postcount=236

If you're happy with the Philips you'll likely be happy with anything.

Does the PWM kick in below a certain brightness level? Or is it always "on"?

At maximum backlight panel setting of 20 the PWM tests show no PWM. But 20 backlight panel is too bright really and you cannot fix it by lowering brightness setting.

Default setting of 12 for back light works well. I have not seen any motion artifacts or blurriness. If anything scrolling windows around feels more smooth on this monitor then my PWM free BL3200PT.

At maximum backlight panel setting of 20 the PWM tests show no PWM. But 20 backlight panel is too bright really and you cannot fix it by lowering brightness setting.

Are you sure all of the motion compensation features were disabled? Sometimes the back-light strobing (my old LN46A950s LED Motion Plus=strobing works when the PC.4:4:4 mode is enabled) features still work when 4:4:4 is enabled. The display will appear to be using PWM if strobing is enabled.

Didn't even think about this. On my Seiki I have to use the panels scaling to do 1080 at 60+hz, which looks like shit. If I scale through video card though it looks great, but only get 30hz. With these panels being 60hz you can use video card scaling, so should look good and maintain the 60hz

The Frequency of PWM is an important factor for possible eyestarin. If its 1000+ Hz I see no issue with PWM. Im guessing only pros can test this though.

The curve is very slight. Anyone that knows me here on HardOCP know I go back to the Westy V1 and V3. if you're a fan of large displays, these Samsungs are great displays, thin bezel, low latency.

Crutchfield is the only retailer that seems to have a unconditional 60 day return policy (no restocking fee, minimal shipping return fee) on TV's.

As far as what I want, I still can't decide as to whether to go with the 40" or 48".

Default setting of 12 for back light works well. I have not seen any motion artifacts or blurriness. If anything scrolling windows around feels more smooth on this monitor then my PWM free BL3200PT.

That's actually just the comparison I was looking for. I've been eyeing the BL3200PT for a while now (waiting for its issues to get resolved, hopefully in new revisions), but I'm leaning more toward a curved 40" 4K now.

The only thing that concerns me is potential eye strain, as I am particularly susceptible to it.

Crutchfield is the only retailer that seems to have a unconditional 60 day return policy (no restocking fee, minimal shipping return fee) on TV's.

You sure about the minimal shipping part? I just looked at their website:

For most returns, Crutchfield can issue you an UPS Authorized Return Shipping (ARS) label for a flat fee of $10 per package. Let us know how many packages you're returning, and we’ll send a label for each package via email, fax, or US mail.

Some items, like larger TVs, furniture, and large tower speakers require special freight shipping, and cost more to return. Larger TVs carry a $125-$175 return freight fee.

It would be good to get some clarification on what they consider a "larger TV" so we can see if this would affect either the 40" or 48" units (hopefully it's something like 50-55"+).

Wag said:
As far as what I want, I still can't decide as to whether to go with the 40" or 48".

I'm with you there. I had the UN40JU6700 in my cart on Amazon and almost clicked the place order button, but I keep going back and forth on this. Realistically, I think that the 40" would be better, as when I place my tape measure to simulate the dimensions of the 48" it just looks massive...particularly in terms of height. I don't really want to have to tilt my neck to look up to see the top of the screen, as that's usually where application menu bars are, etc.

I don't know...having a tough time deciding. I have two GTX 980s on the way to power whatever I end up with, so I'm really stoked for this!

To me, 48 inches seems absolutely too big.. Unless you are sitting a considerable distance away from it, but this then defeats the purpose of a larger screen.. I mean, I'm sitting 80-90 cm away (a bit less then 3 feet) and I know 48" would certainly be too big...
I have a 47" TV so I can test it and it's insane... 40-42" is the absolute maximum for me and my distance.

So if I wanted to go with 48", I would need to move it back to roughly 120 cm (4 feet), but then I would achieve very little in terms of immersiveness and in general. Because, by this logic, why not go 55" and sit 150 cm away from it? :)

In the end I guess it all depends on your room situation, desk and all that.

How legible is 4K without scaling on the 40"?

I have a Seiki 39in , and have to use the 'Larger' 150% zoom at 2-3 feet away, but I don't like ultra small text. 1080P on 15in laptops is too tiny for me. I can do it, but it's not preferred. I don't have an issue with scaling up, everything still looks crispy.

We talked a bit about height on page 4 of this thread. The 48" is only 3" taller overall, so vertical midline is only 13.5" off your desk vs 12" for the 40" model.
Getting a VESA arm can lower this another inch or so, but I'm still unsure about the width. That's the huge difference here, as there's almost a 7" difference between the two. 43" vs 36"

Are you sure all of the motion compensation features were disabled? Sometimes the back-light strobing (my old LN46A950s LED Motion Plus=strobing works when the PC.4:4:4 mode is enabled) features still work when 4:4:4 is enabled. The display will appear to be using PWM if strobing is enabled.

All those are disabled and cannot be enabled in PC mode (in fact the only non basic features that can be enabled in PC mode are HDMI UHD, HDMI black level and the white balance / temperature settings. All the advanced options are grayed out in PC mode).

I tried the motion settings in the TV mode and the "soap opera" effect is immediately obvious.

I tried the LED clear motion where it inserts a black frame in between every normal frame. The flickering is REALLY bad and its not even remotely useable (option is not available in PC mode).

Last edited:
The Frequency of PWM is an important factor for possible eyestarin. If its 1000+ Hz I see no issue with PWM. Im guessing only pros can test this though.

I have followed the directions for testing it here:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/pulse_width_modulation.htm

Single vertical white line on a completely black screen moving a camera across as its taking a picture. I cannot control the shutter speed but the picture metadata stores what shutter speed was used (they were all 1/9sec shutter due to being so dark).

The first 4 pictures are at a normal 12 back light setting. The last 2 are at maximum 20 back light panel setting.

http://imgur.com/NqO6gxO,KS0FBAW,tqQXM2z,aEU4oed,5bPZIbh,UclrSZF

I can consistently count 13 lines. That makes it 13*9 = 120Hz PWM. That is rather low frequency PWM so if you are sensitive it is probably not a display for you.

The last 2 pictures show that PWM is off at setting of 20 back light.

So the question is...how do you find the brightness of the monitor at a setting of 20? If it's usable (i.e. not blinding) in a dark room without any other light sources, it may not be a problem. 120 Hz is pretty low (yes NCX and Nikyo, we know it's an atrocity) but if one never needs to go below a brightness level of 20 then it's a non-issue since this is better than other monitors like the Philips that use PWM at every brightness setting below 100 (that brightness setting is like staring at the sun and unusable for most anyway).

Back