New RIg help and specks to be reveiwed

Alonan

Gawd
ok I am going to say that i absoloutly suck at this im talking like super---noob not the building part but the thread part.

Ok I am going to be upgrading my rig and building a new one from some other parts and some new stuff.

USE...............................I will use this system for gaming.media and some digital rendering.

BUDGET........................My budget is about 400$ and i can build on this later.(Add more money this is just to make sure it will all work.)

SHIPPING......................The prices I may post on hardware I have found includes shipping and tax whatever it is the price delivered to my back door

LOCATION......................I live in searcy Arkansas

PARTS NEEDED............For the first rig I need a GPU some considerably better ram possibly a case and a new psu and a new GPU for sure

MONITORS.....................This computer will be running dual Dell S2409W's @ 3840x1080 (1920x1080 x2) AND A 37inch 1920x1080p monitor.but not all the time on the 37''

TIME OF BUILD..............I plan to build this rig this month. ASAP

MOTHERBOARD............Already have to but i need as many mem slots as possible, Onboard hdmi, full atx, crossfire, and, red, or black and red, AM3, DDR3 at least 1600mhz

OS.................................Windows Seven Home Premium 64bit on both.

NEAT.............................Think clean and neat this will be like the murdermod version of a FT02 super clean and neat.

OVERCLOCKING.............I will not be doing a lot of overclocking hardly at all.

This is what i have right now in my current rig. some of this will be reused in the new rig some will be sold for money and or upgrades others will be traded.

PARTS THAT I HAVE AND WHAT I WILL BE DOING WITH THEM

Cooler Master Cosmos S 1100..........................................Keeper might trade + cash for a Silverstone FT02 or Corsair 600t

MSI 785gm-e65................................................................keeper for reuse

AMD Phenom II 555 Black Edition which is unlocked...........keeper for reuse

2X1gb corsair xms3 1333mhz............................................Selling for money$$$

XFX 9500GT.....................................................................keeper might trade + cash for 5670 or 5770

OCZ GameXstream 700w..................................................Keeper for second rig

2X seagate barracuda in RAID...........................................keeperz

Cooler Master V8..............................................................keeping for second rig

Windows seven 64bit home premium..................................keeper

What i need
New PSU
New RAM
New GPU
New CASE.................... (optional)
New Heatsink
Motherboard...................(optional)
What I found

New psu's must be modular.

........Ocz modXsteam 700watt modular psu.....................85$

........OCZ fatality modular 700watt...............................100$

........Corsair hx750.......................................................130$..................prefered......

........Corsair Hx750.......................................................100$..................prefered....
New ram

........Corsair Dominator GT............................................120$

New GPU

........XFX ATI Radeon HD-5770.....................................130$

New case................................................................ .(Optional)

........Silverstone FT02 for my Cosmos s +$

New Heatsink

........Titan Fenrir - Limited Edition Red.........................54$

........Thermalright True Black.......................................60$

New Motherboard.......................................................(Optional)

.........MSI 890GXM-G65 AM3......................................100

This is what I am looking at in the first rig.

AND the second rig Will not start till the first one is Completed because some parts needed are off the first

Second rig
USE..................................Will be used for light gaming,Muzik, Videos, Theater,5.1 surround, programs, and storage blu ray

BUDGET............................Around 300 anything over that is pushing it I can go as far as necessary wont go over 500 though

LOCATION ........................Searcy Arkansas 72143

NEEDS..............................CPU,RAM, BETTER GPU,CASE, and HDD

MONITORS........................Will be used to run the 37inch 1920x1080 monitor all the time. and a 1920x1080p projector sometimes.

STARTS.............................Hoping to start the build by November.

MOTHERBOARD................Already have it.

OS....................................Windows Seven 64Bit Home Premium

WHAT I HAVE

Windows seven 64 bit home pre...........keeping............................................................done been had that

Msi 785gm-e51..................................keeping.............................................................new board i just happen to have

XFX 9500gt........................................keeping till i can upgrade to a hd 5670................ from old rig

Cooler master V8...............................keeping..............................................................From old rig

OCZ GameXstream 700 watt...............Keeping..............................................................From old rig

ASUS Blu Ray..................................Keeping...............................................................got new

As for what i need i have looked at these items

CASES

.....................Silverstone sg02..............................80$

.....................Corsair 600t....................................160

RAM

....................G.Skill Ripjaw Series F3....................95$

GRAPHICS CARD

...................XFX ATI HD-5670................................60$

CPU

...................AMD Phenom II 555BE.......................80$

HDD

..................Seagate Barracuda 400GB...................40$

So far this is what i have arrived at.

EDIT: I can get the 2x2gb DDR3 1866mhz Dominator GT and the XFX Radeon 5770 For 240$ if i buy both from a friend of mine.

Last edited:
Please answer the stickied "ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST" twice, one for build 1 and one for build 2 so that we can help you better.

Though so far, your planned upgrades are a waste of money now:
- Those Domininator RAM (either DHX of GT) are not worth the extra cash at all. You won't notice an iota of difference between that Dominator RAM and your current Corsair RAM or these G.Skill sets:
$82 - G.Skill F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT 2 x 2GB DDR3 1333 RAM
$95 - G.Skill Ripjaw Series F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 RAM

- THe HD 5670 is a piss poor choice for the money.

Now we can't make any actual recommendation in regards to the GPU until you answer those quesetions.

my friend i have a buddy of mine we built are systems at the same time his has the 4gb of 1800mhz ram and the hd5770 the only deference i kid you not well the BD drive is sony mine is asus and his system will do circles around mine all day long and not break a sweat even without the 5770 he had a xfx 9500gt as well when we bought the systems they were identical then he upgraded the ram and then the gpu.so the difference must be the 1800 dual channel vs the 1333single even when mine was running dual the 500mhz does makes a massive difference.

Also if the ram ins not running at the exact same speed as the FSB then you will have a big bottleneck so having them running together ads to more stability in overclocking and cooler temps if you runn fast overclocking or whatever on everything then when it hits the bottleneck it generates heat more than it usually would because you are forcing the info though it considerably faster and harder.

Last edited:
No it doesn't. RAM speeds only matter while overclocking as they're one of the many factors that help determine a certain processor's OC threshold.

Now please use the sticky questions and rewrite your OP so we could help you better. The time that I spent trying to figure out what you and your friend want was time that I could have spent trying to find parts to fit both of your needs.

Last edited:
As tiraides said, the increase in RAM speed did not in any way shape or form improve your friend's system that much more. Either A) you screwed up somehow with your PC or B) your friend's parts weren't the same as yours

As Tiraides said, your post is way too confusing to even attempt to sort through. And please answer the questions fully. I can see that you did answer some of the questions but you did not answer those questions fully.

First of all, thanks for fixing up your thread. I hope you didn't get the idea that we were trying to get you to fix your post just to be dicks. Anyway, in a rush so this is gonna be short:

For Build 1:
- Neither of those PSUs are good for the money. This is a significantly better quality PSU for the money:
$100 - XFX P1-650X-CAG9 650W Modular PSU

- RAM wise, as said earlier, you're not gonna notice an iota of difference between that Dominator set and these RAM sets:
$82 - G.Skill F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT 2 x 2GB DDR3 1333 RAM
$95 - G.Skill Ripjaw Series F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 RAM

No offense, but your story about your friend's system being faster than yours due to the higher speed RAM doesn't make sense at all. It doesn't jive with any reports or articles I've read.

- The HD 5770 1GB is a good choice for $130.

- Go for the True Black.

For Build 2:

- Cases wise, due to the limited budget, I do not recommend spending $160 on a case.
- HDD wise, spend the extra $15 for the significantly faster HDD:
$55 - Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Sounds good i did some thinking and his system is not somuch faster not a hellofa lot but it is some but what i think i am seeing is not speed but rather smooth it is not so much faster than mine as it runns smother than mine

as for the case i will most likely go for the SG02 case by silverstone it is a 80$ case new

and honestly i want to go with corsair. like a hx750 or hx650 has to be modular

and the hdd ill get the 500gb version of the western digital caviar black 500gb 32mb cache and 3.0gbs or seagates barracuda 500gb but not samsung pardon me but i have had horrible luck with thos things.

Last edited:
The XFX PSU is made by the same company that makes many of the Corsair PSUs, Seasonic. It's just as good as (if not better than) the Corsair PSUs. And it is modular; only the main power cables are permanently connected to the PSU.

The Western Digital Caviar Blue is confirmed to have one 500GB drive platter, and recent benchmarks show it outperforming its Caviar Black equivalent. The Caviar Black still uses two 250GB drive platters. For some strange reason, the Barracuda 7200.12 drives run slower in comparison to the WD and Samsung drives.

For decent gaming performance on one 1920x1080 resolution monitor, yet alone two (or three), you need a GTX 460, at a minimum. The HD 5770 won't cut it in many cases, especially if you like a lot of eye candy (aka high visual settings) while gaming.

Speaking of which, define "light gaming" for your friend. The Silverstone SG02 is not a good option if gaming is concerned as its three 80mm case fans -- of which you have to buy two fans separately -- aren't really adequate for cooling a hot mid-range video card. In short, it may be enough for the 9500GT (which is insufficient for 1920x1080 gaming) but not for the HD 5770 (which may be good for only low graphical settings).

Which games are you and your friend planning on playing with these machines? At which level of visual quality?

ok on the htpc in the sg02 case i play Jade dynasty kinda like runescae but a lot better and it is huge world graphics arr exceptional and the card holds up very well i mean very well in the game the only time it has any rouble is when i got to the market place and there is a few hundred player with names abover their heads and the names and a gazillion colors make the gpu a little crazzy.it has a little bit of lag but runs great though everything else.

here i took this while running across a field just to give you an idea on 1920x1080
http://a.imageshack.us/img21/5922/jadedynasty23.jpg
well for the type of stuff i do i think the ati 5770 will do good when it will be running the 37inch it will only be just to whatch movies or browse web
but my current gpu seems to run 2 monitors just fine it dont like it when i game on both btu it does well. however it hates morphyre for windows media player on 2 montors.
as for cooling i think that with what i have n mind the sg02 will do exceptionaly well there is a card called the 5670 can find it here
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150466&cm_re=xfx-_-14-150-466-_-Product

4670 1gb

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102820&cm_re=ati_hd-_-14-102-820-_-Product

and another
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102820&cm_re=ati_hd-_-14-102-820-_-Product

the his and the sapphire seem the fastest the xfx seems a little slow but has more steam processors
i can get any of these for well under 65shiped but i dont like the specks on any of the nvidia cards yet. not any of the gtx cards.

As for the high end machine running the dual 24's it will be playing assassin's creed among a few others. like aion and maybe warhammer online nothing really intense. I think that the cheaper cards i have chosen wil run JD and blu rays fine and cooly in the sg02 or sg01 if i can find one as for cooling i have adapted a very effecent means of installing a 120mm fan as well as the 80's

but chances are ill end up with the 600t. so cooling should by far not be a problem. if i had it my way id just get a 5770single slot but the prices are kinda jacked up right now.

For build #2: Is there anyway you can narrow down when exactly you're gonna build that PC? I ask because any part we recommend today will not be the same parts we recommend in late September, let alone for November. If you can't narrow it down to within a month of this thread's creation, then I recommend making a new thread 1-2 weeks specifically for the 2nd PC before you actually buy parts for the 2nd PC to get the best prices and parts available for the money.

As for the high end machine running the dual 24's it will be playing assassin's creed among a few others. like aion and maybe warhammer online nothing really intense.
Asassin's Creed 1 and 2 are fairly intense games. Same goes for Aion and Warhammer Online IIRC.

I think that the cheaper cards i have chosen wil run JD and blu rays fine and cooly in the sg02 or sg01 if i can find one as for cooling i have adapted a very effecent means of installing a 120mm fan as well as the 80's
Regardless of the parts you've chosen, still not a smart idea anyway to get a case that'll have cooling issues. There's a reason why the SG02 hasn't been recommended down in the Small Form Factor subforum we have for the past year or so. These are the more commonly recommended mATX cases:
$60 - Black Chiefmax FC-DV21M mATX Case
$100 - Lian Li PC-V351A Silver mATX Case
$100 - Lian Li PC-V351A Black mATX Case
$110 - Antec NSK2480 mATX case with Antec Earthwatts 380W PSU

Typical ATX case recommendations:
$80 - Cooler Master RC-690-KKN1-GP ATX Case
$70 - Cooler Master CM690 II ATX Case

but chances are ill end up with the 600t. so cooling should by far not be a problem.
On a $300 budget, the $160 600T is an insane waste of money for such a kind of PC. If you do the math, you're already looking at $285 for the CPU, GPU, RAM, and HDD. And you still need to add in the case.
i can get any of these for well under 65shiped but i dont like the specks on any of the nvidia cards yet. not any of the gtx cards.
Which GTX cards are you talking about? In fact, what Nvidia cards can you actually get in that $65 price range? And I'm guessing you're getting those parts used?

Again, there's other factors that you may be missing about your friend's PC. Again, RAM speed alone will not dictate how smooth a PC is.

you make really good points the antec is a bad choice for me i hate slim the lian li's go hard especially the white but i think i like the more cubed look of the Black Chiefmax FC-DV21M however i just found a used nzxt rogue for 85shipped its in good condition what do you think???

as for the gtx's i found these impressive but im just not sure
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187112&cm_re=gtx-_-14-187-112-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130339&cm_re=gtx-_-14-130-339-_-Product

the hd5770 has them beat in the core speed but the nvidia's are knocking the ati with the memclocks and they have shaders and the ati don't so i just dont know im willing to do a 140 or so on a good card i have friends who can get me good used hardware for cheap and sometimes new for less than used prices. i dont just buy ebay hardware there i no telling what has been done to it.i prefer new or used by people i know.

i dont want to go over 300 but if it is nessesary i will and im talking about the big cards for the desktop the all powerful one....or not lol

as for my friends pc i think i am going to see whats up he may have newer drivers than mine or be overclocked out the .....

you know this is getting far more complex than i originally intended but i guess it is a good thing to learn from people more experienced than I. honestly i like the hd5770 and am an nvidia hater the last 3 cards i have owned have been trash quadro something ..Slow GF7300 somthing slow 9500gt not nearly as bad but slow...Ati radeon x500m or something like that

looks like tis but it was 500mhz and ran good.
http://www.ixbt.com/video2/images/palit-2/palit-front.jpg

i may take my chances wit the GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 768MB and the radeon thats 300 cash and run a 3dmarks and see whats up then whichever one of those i like buy the 9800gtx and run 3dmarks again to see which card come out the best for me.

and can you explain fermi to me is it so much better than anything else out there????

as for a mid tower with plastic on it here

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146059&Tpk=beta evo

used t own one good case best out there for the price i promise dual 140 top 120 rear 2x120 side 1x120front and 1x120bottom bottom mounted psu good cable management and mostly tool-less entry very nice not the quietest but definitely the coolest.but i like the lian li pc-7 better but i can get a usd Element s for around 80 and i realy like the case

you make really good points the antec is a bad choice for me i hate slim the lian li's go hard especially the white but i think i like the more cubed look of the Black Chiefmax FC-DV21M however i just found a used nzxt rogue for 85shipped its in good condition what do you think???
Way too many mixed reviews about the NZXT rogue for me to recommend it again.

as for the gtx's i found these impressive but im just not sure
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187112&cm_re=gtx-_-14-187-112-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130339&cm_re=gtx-_-14-130-339-_-Product

the hd5770 has them beat in the core speed but the nvidia's are knocking the ati with the memclocks and they have shaders and the ati don't so i just dont know im willing to do a 140 or so on a good card i have friends who can get me good used hardware for cheap and sometimes new for less than used prices. i dont just buy ebay hardware there i no telling what has been done to it.i prefer new or used by people i know.

First and foremost: NEVER COMPARE VIDEO CARDS BASED ON SPECS ALONE! That's the second stupidest way you can judge a video card (the first being "It has more RAM, so it's better!"). You have to read a few reviews comparing the cards to get an accurate or good idea of how a video card performs. Your way of comparing cards by specs alone is a recipe for disaster as specs alone don't account for many other factors that determins game performance.

Second, ATI and Nvida do have shader tech but different implementations of it.

Third, for the money, the 9800GTX+ is a crap card considering that the faster HD 4850 is $20 cheaper. The GTX 460 line of cards happens to be best bang for the buck cards out now in the $200 to $240 price range, displacing the HD 5830. If you can find the HD 5830 for $150, that'll be a good choice over the GTX 460 or HD 5770.

i may take my chances wit the GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 768MB and the radeon thats 300 cash and run a 3dmarks and see whats up then whichever one of those i like buy the 9800gtx and run 3dmarks again to see which card come out the best for me.
Yeah sorry but that's full of noob in this sentence alone. It would be cheaper, smarter, simpler, and more accurate to simply read a bloody GPU review or two of the GTX 460 that compares it to the HD 5770, HD 5830, and HD 5850. In addition, 3DMark is not a very good indicator at all of video game performance. Know what's a good indicator of video game performance? ACTUAL VIDEO GAMES! Get it?
and can you explain fermi to me is it so much better than anything else out there????
Fermi is Nvidia's latest GPU tech. The GPU tech itself isn't necessarily better than anything else out there in general due to the increased power and heat usage seen with most Fermi based video cards. The GTX 460 uses a newer revision of the Fermi tech that uses signigicantly less power than other Fermi based cards.

ok i guess i need to do a lot of reveiwning i have been up for almost 36hours and am very tired yes the who buy send it back thing was a fail after reading reveiw on the 9800gtx it is in fact a suck card but the 460 and the 5770 seem pretty decent i will keep resarching for the pricerange i did not ralize how many options there would be its like hey this is good for 120 but for 130 you can have but hey if your going to do that you might as well 150this and 170 that ...it goes on forever i just have a very dificult time drawing the line. i may just tell my uncle to buy me the best he thinks is good for me and pay him back(he is a design engineer hed know best) although i wouldn't learn much.. so ill keep reading..

look forward to an i7 rig........over 500 alone for mobo cpu and mem is just to out there at the moment tho

yeah i about to hit the sack man finaly and to think i was up at 4am yesterday sheesh

ok well got a little sleep but i am still having trouble on that gtx460 and the hd5770 it is very difficult to draw the line its like here you get good but hey for 20 more you can get better but if your going to spend this much whats another 30 you get the idea very confusing.

How badly do you want to play games? At a 1920x1080 resolution, neither card on its own would be a good option. But to get something good, you'd have to up your budget.

ok at 1920x1080p one all monitors or on one monitor.???

i think the hd5770 will be a good candidate for what i want to do and i can get one right now for 125shippped in like new condition used for about 3 hours.

and it is still under warranty.

now i have recently discovered a better gtx460 than the last one i was looking at it can be found here

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130571

and i think it will work fine its just ugly but i dont really care

now i have read reviews on these and i was wondering i have had really bad luck with the fan type this has i find the blowers work better how well and or noisy is this ion yalls opinions.???

ok at 1920x1080p one all monitors or on one monitor.???
I don't understand this question. Please elaborate more and more concisely please.

now i have recently discovered a better gtx460 than the last one i was looking at it can be found here

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130571

and i think it will work fine its just ugly but i dont really care

now i have read reviews on these and i was wondering i have had really bad luck with the fan type this has i find the blowers work better how well and or noisy is this ion yalls opinions.???

Supposedly the eVGA cards are rather loud but not 100% sure about that.

The HD 5770? For real-time strategy games like StarCraft 2? Maybe. For first-person shooters like Call of Duty? Probably not. For gaming on multiple monitors? You'll need to spend a lot more money and buy better cards for that task. Speaking of which, are you trying to game on both monitors at the same time?

Unless that HD 5770 card "on sale" was from XFX, and it was registered properly by the original owner (the person who bought it from the store, not you), you won't be able to buy that card without losing the warranty. There is only a limited window of opportunity (usually, 60 to 90 days after purchase date) to register the card, and for non-XFX cards, the warranty only lasts for the time that the original owner keeps the card (or the end of the warranty period, whichever comes first).

it is definitely an xfx it has the best warranties and yes it was registered i am very sure of this i did my research on that for sure i wont buy used hardware unless it is of good make and has good warranties. as for the monitors i will only be gaming on one at a time sadly as i do not know how to do eyefinity i would like to have the 2 or 3 if i manage to have one resolution and be like one monitor instead of 2 or 3 separate ones. Like one wallpaper but i dont know how yet. when i get it like that i will game on all but for now it is only 1 at a time.

i hope this answers you questions.

maybe i need 2 hd5770

If you are going to spend money for 3 monitors you can definitely spend the money for a card powerful enough to play games on them. 5850 or higher for a decent eyefinity experience.

You need to have at least $400 (which is about the cheapest price that I've seen for one HD 5870) for decent multi-monitor gaming. You'll also need a better PSU than those OCZ --XStreams to safely power it, which will be at least another $75 (or more if you're sticking by your modular-only requirement).

well first off i have 2 of the three monitors i want i will be waiting to get the second rig running and i will be waiting to get a 37 inch led monitor for movies etc. so in truth i am spending about 150 for a new dell 24inch identical to mine currently.as for a psu i have ordered a 750 watt corsair hx750 found one new for 90$ i though it was a good deal.i can ger 2 hd5770's for 280$ so if i can find a hd5870 for that i think i can pull the trigger.

looks like i can find several well under 400 on new egg alone so i will continue my search and see. i know this is foolish but what is the difference between the cards as far as i can tell the core speed is the same the mem speed is the same amount of mem is the same only difference i can find is the card is bigger uses more power and has 400 that is 1200over800 stream proccessors thats like paying 200+for 400more stream processors would it not be more efficient to buy 2 hd5770's so i have the 850core
1200mhz mem
800strema proccesors
4.8gb sec
TIMES 2
seems faster than the one hd5870 if i am incorrect or there is better reasoning please correct my foolishness and inform me i dont want to sound like a fool. so any help is appreciated.

Your reasoning sucks but the thought is right: HD 5770 CF would be faster than a HD 5870

The HD 5870 and HD 5770 are based on different cores so a direct spec comparison cannot be done. In addition, there's a huge variety of other specifications that you missed when you stated "1200over800 stream proccessors thats like paying 200+for 400more stream processors". Not that simple. The HD 5870 has a larger bus width (256 VS 128 of the HD 5770), has 1600 shaders, not 1200, twice as mnay texture mappung units and render output units, etc.

However ATI has vastly improved its Crossfire scaling over the past few years (still significantly worse than Nvidia's SLI scaling though) so a HD 5770 CF setup is faster than the HD 5870 but at a lower cost and slightly lower power usage.

well crossfire is an option i have then cause i have a board that will handle it. as for the shaderz i was wrong i must have got the mem speeds confused somewhere along the road

ok out of 2 hd5770's
and one 5870

which is the best performance price wise??

ok out of 2 hd5770's
and one 5870

which is the best performance price wise??

HD 5770 Crossfire.

However an even faster and significantly better choice in terms of price to performance would be GTX 460 1GB SLI.

Danny, IIRC, Alonan plans on buying the MSI 890GXM-G65 for his system. If you're suggesting that he goes with the GTX 460 SLI setup (which I agree with, in principle), he'll need to change his board to something along the lines of, say, the MSI NF750-G55. (However, he'll definitely need to look at the Corsair or XFX 750 watt power supply).

Danny, IIRC, Alonan plans on buying the MSI 890GXM-G65 for his system. If you're suggesting that he goes with the GTX 460 SLI setup (which I agree with, in principle), he'll need to change his board to something along the lines of, say, the MSI NF750-G55. (However, he'll definitely need to look at the Corsair or XFX 750 watt power supply).

Ahh point taken.

Yeah stick with the HD 5770 CF. I personally can't recommend a 750a mobo these days.

ok sounds good if you dont mind my asking why cant you recommend a 750a mobo?? although the 750a is cheaper than the 890gxm.....

Since AMD owns ATI, its CrossFire-supported boards are generally more reliable than the SLI boards with the Nvidia chipset.

good job on the rank danny bui

thx everyone that makes a lot of sense and would explain why intell bases with nvidia are usealy more reliable.

That's a different story in and of itself (but it's not worth discussing in the context of your choice of a motherboard).

Back