New mouse does not work

Magix

Weaksauce
Bought the Razer Deathadder today, and having problems getting it to work. The mouse's LEDs light up, but moving / clicking buttons does not work in the computer. I've tried hooking it up to a different computer and it works fine. I've tried all the USB ports as well as restarting and clicking 'uninstall' on the HID-compliant mouse under device manager.

This is not the first time I've had USB problems - in fact, my keyboard currently only works on 2 of the 4 ports that I have. My old mouse, Logitech MX518 only works in one of the ports. However some other devices work on the other ports, so it can't be the port itself being broken, per se.

Edit: SOLVED. decided to search for broken usb as opposed to broken mouse in google and got to the right solution. Turns out I had to uninstall all USB devices under task manager. After that restart seems to have fixed that. If anyone's bored, feel free to explain as to what the hell was going on with that anyway.

Last edited:
You guys do realize this topic is nearly a month old and on top of that the OP solved the problem himself.

Back