New Install Sli advice.

Rhentno

2[H]4U
Hello everyone. I'm putting together a new toy but I'm not sure about one detail. If I'm going for a new install, should I insert the second card after windows is installed or leave it there from the git go? Thanks for any knowledge.

I can't be certain but i would install the second one after installing windows may find easier for recognizing and compatibility.

I just put both of mine in and put the bridge on and let windows do its thing :D

Oh yes... I just installed windows twice with my cards in SLI mode... it's fine. No problems at all.. it defaults to the primary card until the real Nvidia video drivers as installed. But... I will say this, wait to install the Nvidia video drivers until after you have SP2 and all the patches installed, because having no video driver installed really speeds up rebooting, and there's a lot of that going on until you get windows patched, etc..

Rev. I usually follow a pretty strict install process, which includes all hotfixes before the vid/sound/mouse drivers are installed. I've found that works best in every case. I'll go ahead and start with them both in then, thanks for the tips. As always this is a great forum with willing contributors.

Back