New Cinema Display

Silent.Sin

Gawd
30" Apple Cinema Display looks freaking awesome, 2560x1600 :eek:. Found an adapter that would work with it I think, but you would have to buy 2. Another interesting bit is that Apple tells of a new NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL for the mac and NVidia themselves have not done so yet, they even have a picture of it. The display needs 2 DVI connectors so of course NVidia's card would be the poster child. So this interested me because of course today NVidia announced the SLI for the 6800 series. Just imagining playing farcry at a reasonable framerate at 2560x1600, even if it did cost like $5000 just for the monitor and video cards, would be the sweetest thing I've ever seen..until Doom3 and HL2 come out.

Silent.Sin said:
30" Apple Cinema Display looks freaking awesome, 2560x1600 :eek:. Found an adapter that would work with it I think, but you would have to buy 2. Another interesting bit is that Apple tells of a new NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL for the mac and NVidia themselves have not done so yet, they even have a picture of it. The display needs 2 DVI connectors so of course NVidia's card would be the poster child. So this interested me because of course today NVidia announced the SLI for the 6800 series. Just imagining playing farcry at a reasonable framerate at 2560x1600, even if it did cost like $5000 just for the monitor and video cards, would be the sweetest thing I've ever seen..until Doom3 and HL2 come out.

I've hadthat monitor before and it's really over rated if you my opinion. You'd be much better off getting a PC compatible monitor instead..

[BB] Rick James said:
I've hadthat monitor before and it's really over rated if you my opinion. You'd be much better off getting a PC compatible monitor instead..

No you didn't it just came out today, he's talking about apples brand new line of displays.

those look badass, hopefully i can put some cash together to get rid of these crts.

16 ms response time on a 30" display, I must be in heaven :), /imagines a system that costs more than my car.

archevilangel said:
16 ms response time on a 30" display, I must be in heaven :), /imagines a system that costs more than my car.

who needs a car with a 30in display, you can view the world without a car :)

look how long that geforce 6800U dll it.
must be because it dosnt have 2 power connectors or something and needs alot of caps.

indexcompdisplay06282004-03.jpg

I want to make love to it... :eek:

does anyone know who is making the lcd itselft? LG is the oem in dells FP2001, wonder if this thing is going to be good for gaming.

Back