New build trouble help please

Have you tried the usual ?

1- Triple checks all connections ... AND CPU cooler / fan
2- Make sure nothing shorts the motherboard ? (You can try outside the case, I recommend an ESD safe surface...)
3- Remove all unnecessary component (Video card / leave only 1 stick of RAM, no HDD/SATA drive... nor any m.2... etc)
4- clear CMOS (that could be #1 too lol)
5- Swap PSU / Measures voltage using a DMM (if you're OK using such tool)
6- Check input voltage (ie 120V/240V and if any switch need to be flipped... well flip it...)

ok i cleared the cmos and found that I had the cpu fan plugged in wrong(now correct) But,the problem persists. I guess I will remove 1 stick of ram now.

whatslotsshould install the ram in?

Is there anyway to know what bios version is installed on it?

Last edited:
Try both sticks of ram in any slot, if it won't boot with either stick, try different slots.

Are you sure you didn't bend any pins when installing the CPU? 5 short beeps is a CPU error. Those "long" beeps could possibly be short.

Make sure you did step 3. No GPU? You connected to onboard?
What PSU and Drives?

Would double check you power cables to cpu\mb sockets.

Hi guys, well after a trip to my local shop this morning it was discovered that I got a bad ram stick in the kit. The bios version was also very old and has now be updated. So, I bought a single 8gig stick that worked at the shop and now have to go through the newegg rma process for the 2nd time with this order ,SIGH!

Thanks for your help guys!

Back